IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> National Gallery, Saturday January 13th, Hooray, using abilities to start a new thread!
blackbeltduck
post Jan 3 2007, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 2,996

Arriving just in time to miss the January 6th meetup and spending some time in IRC, it seems people are relatively nice (if not hyper) here. smile.gif

So this is an open invitation if you are interested in browsing the collection at the National Gallery with funked)out_frog and I. No dinner plans are currently in effect.

Hooray n00b posting meetups! omgwtfbbqtotallynotmyidea!

We are meeting at 10AM on Saturday January 13th. I *do* want to spend most of my time in the gallery, so this is proper warning. >.<

Here is the link:
http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 3 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Woo, yay. As you can see, I'm going to look at art with BBD the Saturday after the meet. Come on down if you are up for it. It will be nice and cheap (post Christmas and meet). biggrin.gif

Yayage!

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jan 3 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

aww, I'd love to meet you since I've been talking to you on IRC a lot lately...but can't really do London 2 weeks in a row. sad.gif Hope you have fun with Froggy though!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 3 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Given that I'm moving house on the 15th, I suspect I would be hung, drawn, and quartered by Sues if I went galaventing off around London on the Saturday before. 'Tis a shame, I really like the National. The National Portrait Gallery around the corner is always very interesting too.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Witless
post Jan 3 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #5

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

Would love to, but I can't as I will be filming for my university project on the 12th - 14th of january (originally funked)out_frog volenteered to help me with that, alas).

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
blackbeltduck
post Jan 3 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #6

FUNK!

Oh dang, now I feel bad.

Well, funk, it is quite all right for you to help Witless (and you should if you agreed!). I am quite happy either way, I am obviously being inflexible (my schedule is already hectic) about which day to see the Gallery. If there is pleasant company, that's even better.

However, I don't wish to intrude or interrupt other events already happening.

<3

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 3 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #7

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (Witless @ Jan 3 2007, 11:12 AM) *
Would love to, but I can't as I will be filming for my university project on the 12th - 14th of january (originally funked)out_frog volenteered to help me with that, alas).

Actualy the initial filming daes I said I could help you, but when you changed them I said I wouldn't be able to.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 5 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

I could come along? (probably)

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
blackbeltduck
post Feb 4 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Daria @ Jan 4) *
I could come along? (probably)

Uh oh. >.< I hope that you uh, decided otherwise after my little fiasco with the pay phones and maps.

On better news, the interviews went nicely and I will be in the country in a few months after the work permit clears. happy.gif

Some photo proof that I was indeed in the country.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Feb 7 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #10

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Hehe, it's ok- I forgot all about it until a few days later. I am now a living breathing Londonite (yay?) so I will be about for WHENEVER meets are met.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 03:20 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!