Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bye Bye Englandland
LoLo
post Jan 10 2007, 08:00 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I just wanted to say to everyone that I got to meet while I was here that I had a blast and I'm really glad to have gotten to meet all of you. I'm getting ready now to head out to the airport and head back to Americaland. Thanks everyone for making my trip amazing and especially thanks to Witless for putting up with me for these last 2 weeks.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 10 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Aww... It was lovely having you over here. Sorry that you got probably the worst period weather we've for ages!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jan 10 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #3

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Glad you had fun sorry I didn't get to see you. But see you in March and I hope it's good flight.
Byeee

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Jan 10 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #4

Samauri Teapain

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 844

Lo, I look forward to seeing you in March. It's not far away!

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 10 2007, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

March? Whatsa' happening in March then? Was a shame I didn't get to meet you at the...er...meet last weekend. Hope your flight back to Starspangledbannerland is comfortable and they play lots of fab inflight movies, give you lots of free drinks and yummy food biggrin.gif

Ciao bella!

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jan 10 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Jan 10 2007, 07:34 PM) *
[font=century gothic]March? Whatsa' happening in March then? /font]

I'm getting married to moop, and Lo is a bridesmaid. smile.gif

Was great to see you again Lo, and thank you for visiting me in Derby! I had fun even though my shoes are still wet. biggrin.gif I'm glad you had a good time in the UK, and I'll see you in March!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Jan 10 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #7

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

QUOTE (candice @ Jan 10 2007, 10:34 PM) *
Was great to see you again Lo, and thank you for visiting me in Derby!

Sorry I couldn't get there in time to meet you sad.gif

Hope you have a good return journey, see you in March... no getting out of it this time!

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Jan 11 2007, 01:15 AM
Post #8

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (Mata @ Jan 10 2007, 03:47 PM) *
Sorry that you got probably the worst period weather we've for ages!

I read this and though: When was the weather menstrating?

It was good to meet you Lo. And touch you, not that I touched you as much as I wanted. But I guess I can touch you some more in March. Now I know you are really real biggrin.gif I look forward to seeing you again in March.

Hope you got home okay wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jan 11 2007, 05:07 AM
Post #9

Kiefer > Jason

I have arrived safely at home and although it's only 9 p.m. here, it's 5 a.m. there and I'm still on England time so I'm knackered and am going to crash. I've been awake since 7 a.m. yesterday England time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jan 12 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

For anyone who is interested, I worked on my pictures pretty much all day yesterday and put them up for viewing here . I figure instead of me being annoying and gathering everyone in a room to look at my hundreds of photographs, this way they can look at them at their own discretion and pace. I think with the meet included I ended up taking something like 400 photos total.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jan 12 2007, 04:10 PM
Post #11

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

WooHoo! I got a trophy for looking through all Lo's pic's. tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 14 2007, 05:03 PM
Post #12

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

You didn't die! See? I told you that you probably wouldn't.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
FeralPolyglot
post Jan 20 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #13

=^^= ~~

Member No.: 1,690

Ok, I'm on the back end of things here... When did Lolo go to Englandland? [edit: I found the post titled "London meets..." saying when she left and stuff. unsure.gif ] For how long? Was there an express purpose of the trip? How was the flight? How much did it cost? Weather? How were the people? (Did they smell funny? :-p) etc. etc.

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jan 21 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #14

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (FeralPolyglot @ Jan 20 2007, 09:36 AM) *
Ok, I'm on the back end of things here... When did Lolo go to Englandland? [edit: I found the post titled "London meets..." saying when she left and stuff. unsure.gif ] For how long? Was there an express purpose of the trip? How was the flight? How much did it cost? Weather? How were the people? (Did they smell funny? :-p) etc. etc.

I didn't really post too much on the forums about me coming, other than announcements in meet threads so that hopefully I could meet up with some people. I do know though that you're on my myspace and I put annoyingly excited countdown bulletins on there so you could have seen it there tongue.gif (I'm just teasing bulletins there are hard to keep up with).

The original thought behind the trip was for Cand's wedding because she was going to have it at the time at one point. She changed the date before I booked my tickets and now it's during my spring break from school so I'll be out there again for that, but alas due to a major that feels the need to not let the students in it sleep or ever have a break from school just give more work to do if we don't have to come in, so I may not have much time to look around much. I figured based on this information and the fact that I'll be doing weddingy stuff that week as well, that I would book a ticket for the December/January time so that I could look around and do stuff without worry.

I was there for almost 2 weeks (flying takes a whole day out of the vacation for the flight out there), my flight in sucked big time and I had a hell of a time getting there but the flight back was ok just long. The flight out basically in a quick summation : the baggage checker forgot to give me my passport back so I almost lost that before even getting on the plane, I was too excited to eat and made myself sick on the first flight, they told us the wrong connecting gate for the second flight so I barely made it to the right one on time to board, once on the plane I had a migraine and was surrounded by a teenage marching band on their way to Dublin who were highly annoying and loud, I thought immigration wasn't going to let me through and my luggage didn't make the connecting flight when I did so I was without it for the first day I was there.

As for the trip itself, it was gorgeous and I really enjoyed myself. Everyone that I met was very nice and did all they could to make my visit fun and entertaining. Everything felt surreal because it's so different from where I live (even though that seems a bit shocking considering our cultures are relatively similar) and I did suffer from some culture shock while out there that made me feel like a psycho in the way I was acting because I was so frustrated at times, but luckily people put up with that. I was absolutely amazed at how good the public transportation system is and how affordable it really can be. Once I got to study a map and figure out how it was I could get around, I was even more amazed at how effective the transport system is. I didn't drive the whole time (and honestly doubt I ever would because the drivers are scary there) and I didn't miss it at all.

My favorite things that I did while out there were going through the London Dungeon, riding on the London Eye, of course the Matameet, and the day I just strolled along the River Thames. I was in awe most of the time there at how gorgeous everything was and couldn't take enough pictures. (If you made it through I think there were something like 400 on there.)

Other things of note that I found neat or amusing were the paintings on the street saying which way to look when crossing (which was helpful to me because I did step out into traffic a couple of times in places where those weren't), the signs that said way out in the underground, and how they tell you to mind the gap when getting off of the trains and underground. Also the escalators in the underground are seriously steep and occasionally made me dizzy if I looked down.

As for cost, it was around 600 dollars (roughly 300 pounds) to get there and then I spent that and a bit more just on travel cards and food, and ran out of money the day I went to the airport to come home. I wish I could have afforded to get presents for my friends and family at home, but luckily they understand. I probably could have been more careful with what I got, but i wanted to have fun so I tried not to worry so much. Also as far as smelly people go, the only one I noticed smelling was me on the first day because I didn't have clean clothes at first (luckily Witless took me shopping to find a non-smelling shirt). The weather was very similar to home, just a bit warmer, so it didn't make much of an impact on me other than almost everyone asking me about it or complaining about it to me. I guess most people assume since I'm from Cali that it's always warm and sunny here. laugh.gif

Anywho this post has gotten entirely too long so I think I will cut it off here and take the time to once again thank everyone who made my trip so great and fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:17 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!