Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm ill and need encouragement
Pixelgoth
post Feb 8 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #1

Flaps and spins on the spot

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 390

sad.gif I've got my biannual cold (I only get one or two a year but when I get them it's like several rolled into one). It's more like a cross between the flu and a cold. Too poorly to work but well enough to know what the hell is going on sad.gif

As a result I'm panicking about my masters course work sad.gif This week was my last week at my placement and I had planned to spend this week writing a report and have spent it in bed watching TV and DVDs. Should be fun I hear you say but no I feel crap and knackered. As a result I'm going back to uni, starting new lectures and getting new work loads thrust upon me next week without have finished my placement report sad.gif It doesn't have to be in until 22nd March which is a while away but I'll have other deadlines and wanted to get this one out of the way so I could concentrate on those.

It would be really nice right now to hear encouraging messages along the lines of "don't panic, you'll get it all done", "you've got ages before it has to be in" and "you obviously needed a rest" etc., etc.

Just need some reassurance from my Matazonian chums as I can't see people IRL as I'd make them poorly too and, trust me, you DON'T want this sad.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Feb 8 2007, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

Hugz!!!! You'll be fine

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Feb 8 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

You will certainly get it done! And everything will be okay, and your work won't be so bad, and you will feel better. You will also get lots of cookies and rainbows. I'll make sure of it. smile.gif

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
psychokid001
post Feb 8 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #4

That's 'Sir Guppy' to you

Member No.: 2,528

i certainly hope you get to feeling better. it sucks being sick, but you'll pull out of it. and i am sure you'll get your report done. smile.gif

i agree with what they say. being sick isn't fun, i know. but i'm sure you'll get it finished in time!

--------------------
I don't know what I want... could you help me figure it out?
True failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.
Be a leader, not a follower.

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Feb 8 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #5

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

Remember - if you work when you need to be sleeping you will be ill for longer and therefore it will be worse for your work in the long run.
That said go eat some soup and enjoy bed and DVDs so you can do your work sooner! tongue.gif

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Feb 8 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #6

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Hey hun,
You come across like a willful person who can do stuffs. So I reckon you will get your uni work done. You do have enough time to have a rest for the illness- Sleeping it off for a couple days then getting to to the placement report wouldn't be a waste of time. You've gotten through these biannual illness before, no doubt when you had impending degree deadline, so you can do it again.

Frack it, watch the DVDs you've wanted to watch, read some books you've been putting off for when you had the time. Rest for now for you will work later.

I've recently become a fan of timelines- so would say to you to write one out, so you can see all the time you got to do stuff and when by for- then you can see it all, and it's won't be so bad.

wink.gif *virtual hugs*

Hope you are feeling less stressed.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Feb 8 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #7

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

*hug* Being sick sucks, but I'm sure you'll get better if you get lots and lots of sleep! And don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to finish your report. Still far over a month left. ^^

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Feb 9 2007, 02:53 AM
Post #8

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

*tackles gently*

You will power through the work when it needs doing, by sheer force of will and index card upon index card! Work will tremble at your might and power!

However, right now you are weakened by the sickness and therefore Work would only giggle behind Its hand at your state, and would sit undone. And that would be demoralizing.

So make tea and little lists of things that should get done, and things will be better. Also, sleep! Everyone needs sleep before big reports.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 12 2007, 08:47 AM
Post #9

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Regular work in small bits is the way forward, and getting into a pattern really helps. If you make sure that you're working at the same time every day - no matter what - then you'll find you get more work done. I found that saying that I wouldn't check my email for an hour was a very useful method too!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Feb 21 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #10

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Hi guys. Just checking back in. I've been away in Amsterdam since Thursday 15th and didn't really recover from my illness until after the weekend prior to that. I feel rested now and getting back into the swing of things. I'm hoping to start writing my report on Friday. It's just getting started that's the hardest part. I'm sure it'll be OK now I'm firing on all cyclinders again.....just wink.gif

Thanks for the support

*group hug*

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 23 2007, 12:01 AM
Post #11

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

*puts on face mask* *hugs back*

I've got a really bad cold at the moment and I'm going to a big family meal tomorrow night in celebration of my PhD, so I hope I feel better by then!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
all_da_haywire_n...
post Mar 20 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,097

Hey,
Glad you are feeling better! smile.gif It sucks being sick, but it must be awesome to get all this support from everyone! While I write this you have a couple days left to finish your report, if you are done, congratz. If you haven't finished yet, than god speed and good luck! wink.gif

--------------------
I cOuLd ReaLLy GiVe A fLyInG f*cK aBoUt HeAt, HoT, tHiS, nOt.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 02:42 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!