Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Enjoy!, Just trying to increase my post count
zairarose
post Feb 13 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 3,139

"Daft - The place for non-serious chat. If you fancy increasing your post count without annoying people this is the place to be! Suggested content: jokes, links, daft threads when you want to say something/anything........."

It's hard for newbies to break in and get accepted in a new forum.

This board is a great idea! And a great opportunity for me to share some fun stuff with you, and increase my post count into the bargain.

Watch this space!

Comments are very welcome.

--------------------
I am an expert in nothing but my own life.
And I just love giving people free advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Feb 14 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #2

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

^ We had that story on some practice FCAT placement test. I liked it so much I actually copied it down on a scrap piece of paper. I <3 Greek fables.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Feb 14 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #3

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Just a quick tip....you say you're new and trying to break in and get accepted on these forums, well an increased post count due to mindless posting with intent only on increasing post count isn't really the way to go on these boards. We work a bit differently here and actually like it when you contribute something to the others here. So yeah make a thread that's silly since you're in daft, but perhaps one people can interact with you in.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
zairarose
post Feb 14 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #4

"Just a quick tip....you say you're new and trying to break in and get accepted on these forums, well an increased post count due to mindless posting with intent only on increasing post count isn't really the way to go on these boards. We work a bit differently here and actually like it when you contribute something to the others here. So yeah make a thread that's silly since you're in daft, but perhaps one people can interact with you in." - LoLo

Izzy,

After receiving the above comment I decided to scrap this thread.

Moderators, I don't consider what I do to be "mindless posting".

Sorry, I simply misunderstood this -

"Daft - The place for non-serious chat. If you fancy increasing your post count without annoying people this is the place to be! Suggested content: jokes, links, daft threads when you want to say something/anything........."

And thought it was a board for some fun.

My apologies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Izzy
post Feb 14 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #5

Germany > Spain...

Member No.: 2,184

Aww, the Greek fable disappeared.. *might start a thread on Greek fables because of her love of them*

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Feb 15 2007, 01:04 AM
Post #6

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

QUOTE (zairarose @ Feb 14 2007, 01:39 PM) *
"Just a quick tip....you say you're new and trying to break in and get accepted on these forums, well an increased post count due to mindless posting with intent only on increasing post count isn't really the way to go on these boards. We work a bit differently here and actually like it when you contribute something to the others here. So yeah make a thread that's silly since you're in daft, but perhaps one people can interact with you in." - LoLo

Izzy,

After receiving the above comment I decided to scrap this thread.

Moderators, I don't consider what I do to be "mindless posting".

Sorry, I simply misunderstood this -

And thought it was a board for some fun.

My apologies.

You said you wanted to fit in. I thought you were trying to get that by increasing your post count. Thought I would give you a pointer. You can continue on if it's what you find fun. It's just a suggestion.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Feb 15 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #7

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

If you've a fun idea increase away. There have been some ideas that forum members have taken (and ran with) that have ranked silly indeed.
I'm not saying The Fence of Evil, The Matabar, or the Tribe. tongue.gif

I misread your initial post in this thread as "I'm blathering to up my post count" rather than "I'm creating a thread to share funny ideas that cross my mind". I'd like to see the latter. I think it's a great idea.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
zairarose
post Feb 17 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #8

I wrote, appropriately enough, a post on ‘Being Your Own Valentine’ for people without partners on Valentines Day. And it was referred to as mindless posting.

I was making a joke about increasing my post count into the bargain because that is what the header to ‘Daft’ stated.

I thank you for trying to rectify the situation and I am willing to try again.

If you don’t like what I write just let me know and I will stop.

We don‘t all like, enjoy or appreciate the same things. Is that not what makes life so interesting?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 12:43 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!