IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spring Break trip to Utah and Summer trip to Taiwan!
FeralPolyglot
post Mar 10 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #1

=^^= ~~

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,690

So yeah.. I've been away from the forums for a bit, and here's a little bit of good things that happened recently that've been stressing/planning for. (ie: blame them for my AWOL-itude) :-p

Well, first thing's that I'm going to Moab, Utah for a week over spring break to go camping and backpacking. I'm so psyched for it. I've never been more west than Ohio and I've never been camping. One of the only downsides is that we'll be taking a bus from West Virginia to Utah... which translates to about 30 hours in a bus. blink.gif O_O Oh, and we'll probably only be getting one shower over the course of the week. But I'm still psyched and can't wait.

In other news, I also got accepted to go on a 4 week Study Abroad trip to Taiwan this summer. I'm studying Chinese in school and my professor fought for us to get $2,400 in grant money towards our trip expenses. So it's costing me about $1,100 to go to Taiwan on this trip! That includes tuition costs, food, and lodging. And plane tickets. :-D *Psyched!*

--------------------
-Cerin
=^^= ~~

What have you done today to make you feel proud?
"Be the change that you want to see in the world." -Mohandas Gandhi
"We do not inherit the land from our fathers, we borrow it from our children." -Native American Proverb
"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Walk beside me and just be my friend." - Albert Camus
"You can't change the music of your soul." -Katherine Hepburn
"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth. (...) There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." -The Matrix
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Mar 10 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

That is really exciting! Utah is incredibly gorgeous desert-land. You will get used to being stinky after a while. Have fun while you're over there and bring a notebook or eight and a camera (cheap waterproof disposables are a lot better for backpacking than expensive digital.) And even though it is about 350 miles away, you should look at some pretty pictures of Zion National Park--really pretty valley-bound mountain land.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
pgrmdave
post Mar 10 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #3

^random image of the day

Member No.: 1,604

In other news, I also got accepted to go on a 4 week Study Abroad trip to Taiwan this summer.

That's awesome! I'm glad you're going to get to go there. By the time you come back, you'll have yet another language you can speak disturbingly fluently tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Secretkeeper
post Mar 10 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,255

Wow... how exciting. I traveled lots when I was younger and even now, but I never get over the excitement or the memories... So much to learn and see and remember... take loads of picutes and a little notebook! and Have a great time...

--------------------
Crazy is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting unique results.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Mar 12 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #5

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Don't forget your towel, and a packet of peanuts. Have lots of fun, and collect postcards! (I still haven't found the one I spent ages looking at and thinking "I really should send that...")

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 03:32 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!