Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A summer meet!
Witless
post May 14 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #1

happy.. sad.. happy

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,536

I use the term summer lightly as I got wet in the cold boggy weather this morning. But I think it's time we put a meet in the pipeline, cos there hasn't been one in a big one in a bit, due to them falling apart or 'stuff'.

So yeah, June, July, or August?

More importantly where? Another London one? or north or south?

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post May 14 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I'm up for getting out of London, a midlands one is welcome @_@ Birmingham @_@. But anywhere I can get a cheap coach and YHA stay at is fine. July or August for me.

wink.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 14 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

July works best for me. London also works best, for the obvious reasons of closeness and cheapness of travel, plus those Sam Smiths pubs had reasonably priced beer too!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 14 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #4

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

I'm good pretty much any time after this week until... well, until I find a job!
London is pretty easy to get to for me, so is Birmingham. Anywhere not up North is probably okay for me, really.
Haha, that's totally useful information isn't it? Sorry, had an exam and 3 hours sleep, can't brain I have the dumb etc... sorry.

--------------------
Last.fm
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post May 14 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #5

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Witless, you read my mind ohmy.gif I was just coming on the board to suggest a meet smile.gif

I don't mind where we meet up. Birmingham is good. I'd like to suggest Manchester as we've done Liverpool already and Manchester has a good rock scene for those of you that are interested? smile.gif

I also don't mind going to London. Fab place. Might be a bit pricey with hotels tho.

Any weekend is good with me in June, July or August. Altho I can't do w/e 16/17th June as it's father's day and my bro's 30th. I'm doing my dissertation so the more advance warning I get the better really.

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 14 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Birmingham would be good! London not so much...too pricey unless we want to leave stupidly early. And I might already be going to London at some point in June...I think? Plus I've been to London a billion and three times...I wanna go somewhere new! tongue.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post May 14 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (candice @ May 14 2007, 02:33 PM) *
Birmingham would be good! London not so much...too pricey unless we want to leave stupidly early. And I might already be going to London at some point in June...I think? Plus I've been to London a billion and three times...I wanna go somewhere new! tongue.gif

I also think Birmingham was our first ever meet?? unsure.gif I maybe wrong but it could be a nice blast from the past. Plus if I'm strapped for cash I could always stay with my mate there smile.gif

They do have some good rock clubs there too wink.gif

Can I suggest the last weekend in June as we'll need to pick at date at some point. I don't really mind either way if people want to pick another one but I thought I'd start the ball rolling smile.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
-The Duchess-
post May 14 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,455

some people seem slightly concerned about accomodation, how about you hold it on a Saturday and find a place to camp? that way all you do is split the cost of a camp site and it won't be that much...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 14 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #9

dream to make believe

QUOTE (-The Duchess- @ May 14 2007, 07:41 PM) *
some people seem slightly concerned about accomodation, how about you hold it on a Saturday and find a place to camp? that way all you do is split the cost of a camp site and it won't be that much...

Campsites are generally few and far between in city centres, besides which it would involve lots of lugging camping gear around and seeing as the majority of people would be traveling by train, and camp sites aren't generally that near to train stations... am I jibbering?
Anyway, not to completely dismiss the idea (because I love camping, maybe we could do a camp meet? It would be cheaper than a camp meet, involve lots of sitting around drinking and playing silly games etc. Those of us who can drive could help ferry people from a local station to the camp site... blah blah blah, you get my point. I'm still not entirely with it.

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
-The Duchess-
post May 14 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 3,455

QUOTE (snoo @ May 14 2007, 07:57 PM) *
Campsites are generally few and far between in city centres, besides which it would involve lots of lugging camping gear around and seeing as the majority of people would be traveling by train, and camp sites aren't generally that near to train stations... am I jibbering?
Anyway, not to completely dismiss the idea (because I love camping, maybe we could do a camp meet? It would be cheaper than a camp meet, involve lots of sitting around drinking and playing silly games etc. Those of us who can drive could help ferry people from a local station to the camp site... blah blah blah, you get my point. I'm still not entirely with it.

Good point, sorry. It was one of those ideas that sounds genius up until you say it out loud...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 14 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #11

There's the Crawley Circus Convention on the second Saturday of August which has a few forumites along to it. That involves camping and is always a good laugh - you even get a show thrown in for free (which reminds me, I really should think of a new act).

The last weekend of June works for me.

Being honest, Manchester is very far north, and general experience suggests that it's too expensive for people to go that far. Birmingham is a good compromise if London's not popular. I'm a bit closer to London now, and the last train is 12:09 on a Saturday so I could probably put a couple of people up for the night if needed (Pixie?).

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 15 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ May 14 2007, 06:11 PM) *
I also think Birmingham was our first ever meet?? unsure.gif I maybe wrong but it could be a nice blast from the past. Plus if I'm strapped for cash I could always stay with my mate there smile.gif

Can I suggest the last weekend in June as we'll need to pick at date at some point. I don't really mind either way if people want to pick another one but I thought I'd start the ball rolling smile.gif

Yeah, I think it was the first ever meet. I'm not picky about dates, but August would probably not be good for moop and I.

I have to agree with Mata that Manchester is probably a bit too far north to attract many people. Birmingham is nice and middley, though. I think we're due for a non-London meet that more than 5 people show up to. tongue.gif

AGH! Lame. I just checked national rail and found out that the last train home to Derby from Birmingham leaves at 10. That is just silly. But we could always get a family room at the Travelodge for 26 to share with another person (most likely snoo) and it'd still be loads cheaper than London, so I still vote Birmingham.

--------------------

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 15 2007, 07:33 PM
Post #13

dream to make believe

Mid to late June would probably work best for me, particularly if it's going to be Birmingham. I'm up for sharing a travel lodge, so long as I get the bed tongue.gif

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post May 15 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #14

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Birmingham sounds like a cunning scheme to me! smile.gif

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 15 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #15

Okay:

Birmingham, June 23rd
or
Birmingham, June 30th?

(Although a day out in London would be nice too. I feel like I haven't seen you guys and gals for ages, and you're all just swell.)

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 16 2007, 08:38 AM
Post #16

Candbrush Threepwood

Either of those dates works for us, as far as I know.

We'd probably be up for a day out in London as well at some point, provided we have enough notice to buy train tickets in advance. Maybe another juggling in the park thing like you all did last summer when I was still in the US?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 16 2007, 08:48 AM
Post #17

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

QUOTE (candice @ May 15 2007, 06:37 PM) *
QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ May 14 2007, 06:11 PM) *

Yeah, I think it was the first ever meet. I'm not picky about dates, but August would probably not be good for moop and I.

I have to agree with Mata that Manchester is probably a bit too far north to attract many people. Birmingham is nice and middley, though. I think we're due for a non-London meet that more than 5 people show up to. tongue.gif

AGH! Lame. I just checked national rail and found out that the last train home to Derby from Birmingham leaves at 10. That is just silly. But we could always get a family room at the Travelodge for 26 to share with another person (most likely snoo) and it'd still be loads cheaper than London, so I still vote Birmingham.

Two things-
THING ONE. Can you have three adults in a family room? When I was in Manchester after a gig, they told us that we could not sleep Me, Wytu and his friend in the same room. *shrug*

THING TWO. Wytu and I will have a house house- as in, one I don't have to pretend I don't live in- over the summer, and I am sure we could put up a few people. There will be a spare (double) sofabed and plenty (like, LOTS) of floor, and depending on if we have made it or not, a cardboard-box-castle. biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if I would have enough spare cash over the summer to be able to go to Birmingham for a weekend, but if I do, I would quite like to go there. Except I would be able to do neither June the 23rd, nor the 30th. So I guess I will just have to see you guys in London for the day dry.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 16 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #18

dream to make believe

Travelodge double rooms will only sleep two but on their website it says that a family room sleeps three adults or two adults and two children.

I would also be up for a day out in London, as well as Birmingham, depending when it would be.

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post May 17 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #19

Can't do 30th June now as it's Ed's 30th and we are go karting biggrin.gif I think the 23rd is free tho.

Someone else pick a date?!? smile.gif

London or Birmingham I don't mind. London is pretty cool for museums, etc. and that's kinda my bag baby smile.gif

Mata, if it's London then definitely up for kipping at yours if you don't mind? *bagsies space before anyone else does* tongue.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post May 19 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #20

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

I've not been on this week due to timming and stuff so I would like to throw something else in the pot of ideas. I'd like to propose an other liverpool meet for the dates your talking (perhaps will have to check with Wyvern obviously her floor boards after all tongue.gif) about there is a VERY good reason for this spanner in the works but it's not mine to give. So please give this consideration and plus Wyvern has plenty of floor boards.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post May 19 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #21

dream to make believe

If it's the reason I think it is then I'm all up for Liverpool, assuming floorboards can be provided.

--------------------
Last.fm

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 19 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #22

Candbrush Threepwood

Liverpool would be fine with us as well. I've never been there ohmy.gif

I've been to Birmingham, kind of. Walked from one station to another on the way up to the Glasgow meet aaaages ago. It'd be fun to go somewhere completely new to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post May 19 2007, 01:59 PM
Post #23

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

I vote 30th of June in Birmingham. Might be able to offer s bit of floor space, but will wait for confirmation of meet date and location.

As to a mini poin 'n' picnic, Cand, Daria and I were thinking of one too. - In London.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Witless
post May 20 2007, 11:00 AM
Post #24

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

I'm gonna go and vote 23rd of June in Liverpool as it goes.

I've only been there once and it was just to someone's house so I didn't see the place much.
I'm gonna say the 23rd since pixiegoth can't make the 30th, and the 23rd is just as easy for me to do as the 30th really.

That's where my votes going!

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post May 20 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #25

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 535

I can't make the 30th as I'm on a school trip that gets back saturday morning. I will be shattered and very boring. But A Liverpool meet sounds cool so long as we have time to book tickets early.

As far as a lateish summer meet goes. Matt's 25th is on August 5th. A picnic meet would be cool like last year. He wants to play poi!!!! And feed squirrels grapes

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:40 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!