IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Holidays, Have you been anywhere recently?
Mata
post Aug 19 2007, 03:36 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've been to Brussels in the last week. 'Twas rather lovely, with lots of old things and beer (that wasn't quite so old). They also seem very keen on old music there: I don't think I heard any music that was recorded in after 1990 in the whole trip.

There are a few photos here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44834&id=649810540

I was also at the Crawley Juggling Convention last weekend ( http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44830&id=649810540 ) which was a top time too.

So, have you been anywhere? Are you planning any trips? Do you want suggestions? What was you best ever holiday?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 19 2007, 09:14 PM
Post #2

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 197

So far this year, I've been to France to visit my dad, Dubai with my mum (strange weekend) and Cornwall with my sister and her other half....as well as his kid, and also my mum. I'm also going to Germany at the beginning of next month. I have no pics. That are online at least.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 19 2007, 09:45 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Which was the best one? Dubai is a pretty odd place by the sound of things, but I've never had the chance to go there (or anywhere else in the middle east).

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Felander
post Aug 19 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Obsessive

Member No.: 2,292

Going for a short break to Windermere this September. Well looking forward to it.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 19 2007, 10:09 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Not going anywhere out of the ordinary this year, but next year we are going to the US to see my family (moop has never met them!). We're going on a trip with them to Yellowstone. I am way too excited about it already, considering we're going in May. I miss my sisters and parents a LOT.

My best-ever holidays so far all have been road tripping around Oregon, which is silly since I grew up there. tongue.gif Tied with those would be my first trip to the UK, but I'm not sure if the whole thing counts as a holiday since it was 3 months long!

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Aug 20 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (Mata @ Aug 19 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Which was the best one? Dubai is a pretty odd place by the sound of things, but I've never had the chance to go there (or anywhere else in the middle east).

I want to say France or Cornwall because of the obvious 'it's nice to spend time with family' theme, but in France I drank way too much (we're a bad influence on each other) and spent a lot of the time, while having a good time, a little over tired. Cornwall was also good, I actually got a tan, but I spent the week sharing a bedroom with an 8 year old, the bunk bed was VERY uncomfortable and WAY too short for me, was good getting to know my future brother in-law better though. Dubai, as I said, was a strange weekend, I stayed in a 5-star beach resort , had drinks and a meal at the Burg al Arab, went shopping in Harvy Nichols (bought a lovely, yet very expensive jacket) and played in the worlds largest indoor snow park.

...flights were crap though.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Aug 20 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #7

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

If you can cast your mind back to last summer, and my silly map of how I was going to get to Orkney by bus.. well, I did it again this year. By bus, again. Only this time, I took a Monty and my friend took his girlfriend (as he had since moved down south to live with her). We went shopping in Aberdeen on our stop over from bus to ferry, we built a dry-stone walled hut on the beach at Warbeth (where we also went skinny dipping. It was chilly), went to the island of Hoy where we explored derelict houses and ate peaches from the tree, went rock pooling, saw seals and puffins, ate chips, went to the pub (quite a bit) and generally enjoyed the serenity of the island. Oh! And I learnt how to milk goats, and I had boiled duck eggs and soldiers for breakfast biggrin.gif The weather was so nice that I got a tan, too.

Going back to London was horrid. I've decided that I shall return to Orkney every year (if possible) until I have kids. Then I will drag them with me and bore them with stories of stars, fires, huts and goats.
Next year, I'm thinking about encorporating a trip to the Faroes and Iceland with my trip to Orkney.
This summer, I also changed jobs. I'm now a PA to the CEO of a user generated content Moderation company. It's an awesome job and I'm so much happier than in my previous job.

All in all, an awesome summer biggrin.gif
Edit- Photos of the fun are up on my facebook account.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 20 2007, 03:30 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Well as you already know I went to Norway at the beginning of the year which was fun. Other than that the closest I've got so far is London for the weekend to meet this bunch on freak's and weirdo's from some forum somewhere. tongue.gif
But I'm also going to Whiby for the weekend in couple of weeks to go pirating biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Witless
post Aug 20 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #9

happy.. sad.. happy

Member No.: 1,536

Right, so far this year I have been to Ireland. It was very lovely and green and saw a lot of castles out there, and went for long walks in isolated woods.

Then later in the year I went to Croatia. Very nice and hot and not British hot, where it's all sticky and humid and makes you feel like you live in a swamp. Nice dry heat where sweating to get rid of heat actually functions properly, so you can enjoy the heat without being all sticky and damp all day. Also that has to be one of the prettiest places I have been in a while. So I liked that quite a lot.

Planning on going to Japan this December for 2 weeks. That will be awesome. Travelling around Europe is good fun, but I really need to escape to a place away from Europe. It's nice.. but trips to the states and mainland Europe have started feeling dunno.. samey maybe? Perhaps a trip to a place where people's ethnicity is a lot different from Europes will make me feel like I have travelled further from home.

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."

+Quote Post
michael1384
post Aug 25 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #10

^ For gods sake kill it!

Member No.: 2,134

Turkey. Marmaris and Icmella are not the places to go if you want to experience the culture. The place is full of restruants offering "Full english breakfast" However it is the place to go if you want to go scuba diving. The local places arn't safe though.

--------------------
I have Facebook
click here, here or here to improve my city.
free cookies!
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, put this in your sig.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
It's not my bunny, I got it somewhere else.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Sep 4 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #11

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

I've been to Ghana. Well, actually, I'm still there--posting in an astoundingly slow internet cafe. Which I probably shouldn't be doing, given that I'm fighting with British Airways at the same time. But it is a lovely place, full of goats, chickens, history and nice food, though the toilets are a little lacking. I've hung out with some excellent types and--frankly speaking--Ghanaian beers are the best beers. Have you got them in Britain? They should be everywhere.

So that's where I've been, I guess. Everyone else should come here!

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 4 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #12

Wait for the uprising

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Sep 4 2007, 04:00 PM) *
I've been to Ghana. Well, actually, I'm still there--posting in an astoundingly slow internet cafe. Which I probably shouldn't be doing, given that I'm fighting with British Airways at the same time. But it is a lovely place, full of goats, chickens, history and nice food, though the toilets are a little lacking. I've hung out with some excellent types and--frankly speaking--Ghanaian beers are the best beers. Have you got them in Britain? They should be everywhere.

So that's where I've been, I guess. Everyone else should come here!

Ŋbe elphaba2 eyoo? Jɛmɛ! (In Ghana biggrin.gif)

Kaafee buulu! Ashamɔɔ yɛ jɛmɛ!

(Living with Wytu is a bad/ good influence)
Does that mean (that you are fighting with BA) that you're also going to come to the UK? Or is it just that they fly back from Ghana to the US?

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Sep 6 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #13

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 4 2007, 12:43 PM) *

Does that mean (that you are fighting with BA) that you're also going to come to the UK? Or is it just that they fly back from Ghana to the US?

Oh man, I have no idea what you just wrote. All I learned in Ghana was a bit of Twi, and that was all phonetic. Mma ho! Me dinde Akua.

The BA thing was for a connection to the states, yeah. Much as I would like to hang out in the UK, I've got school tomorrow, so I had to hop the red-eye last night.

How do you (or Wytu?) know that Twi (or Fante or Ewe or whatever it is)? Are there cool Ghana stories to be told?

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Daria
post Sep 6 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #14

Wait for the uprising

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ Sep 6 2007, 02:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Daria @ Sep 4 2007, 12:43 PM) *

Oh man, I have no idea what you just wrote. All I learned in Ghana was a bit of Twi, and that was all phonetic. Mma ho! Me dinde Akua.

The BA thing was for a connection to the states, yeah. Much as I would like to hang out in the UK, I've got school tomorrow, so I had to hop the red-eye last night.

How do you (or Wytu?) know that Twi (or Fante or Ewe or whatever it is)? Are there cool Ghana stories to be told?

He is lame for checking the boards, and I got to this first, so I'll answer first tongue.gif
I only know a TINY bit of Ga after spending time at his house, where his step-dad and brothers are Ghanaian (sp?). His mum would speak in Ga if she wanted one of the boys to respond quicker, (as would Wytu) and so you get used to them asking YOU to do things, in Ga, too biggrin.gif
(as with Tok Pisin, German and French, but that's a different matter).
What I wrote was "Where is Elphaba2? There! (in Ghana)"- I only know the "where is... ?" and "there" from him asking me where things are in the house.
The second bit means "Don't do it Idiot! Don't piss there!"- that was Wytu's contribution as he once saw it written on a wall when he was out in Ghana, and loves how frank it is.
I have no Ghana stories, as I have never been there (nor anywhere out of Europe).
And screw school! You TOTALLY should have "popped" over to London biggrin.gif

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
dreamsx
post Sep 17 2007, 08:21 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 4,914

went to majorca at the very, start of the summer.
it was okay, but i was really dreading going away because I'm bit scared of flights as i always think that i am going to crash. bad thoughts like, see it on the news enough.
but the journey was alright. no bad weather and only a bit of a car trip once we got there.
was good to get away cause i ended up being a little closer with my sister. suppose when i got home, she didn't say a word after that. in all honesty, good while it lasted.
i love the sun. and eating out every night like. who doesn't love it?

+Quote Post
Jim
post Sep 22 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 4,985

i went away to Benidorm for 3 weeks at the start of summer, well 2 weeks into summer and 1 week off school biggrin.gif

Happy days they were wink.gif

--------------------
~In the snow I like to lie, I close my eyes and wait to die~

Let the Love Tear Us Apart Ive Found the Cure For A Broken Heart

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 10:46 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!