IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Long Lost Matazonians, Where-O-Where have they gone?
Daria
post Jan 18 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #51

Wait for the uprising

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,735

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jan 18 2008, 12:52 PM) *
QUOTE (Hyperion @ Nov 30 2007, 06:26 PM) *

InKy was the reason I first came to Matazone.

Oh fine. Blame me... ;P

Yeah, I'll be kicking around here once in a while. You're all well overdue favourite body part thread.

Syuu mentioned her already, but has anyone heard anything from Jaq? She's one of the three non-Brit forumites with whom I've shared a telephone conversation. She failed to say 'aboot', despite being Canadian. I wasn't that disappointed, but still...

I do believe Wytu talks to her now and again on msn? Dunno. I said "o hai" to her last summer, but as she isn't on my contacts I haven't seen her aboot since.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Gothic Angel}
post Jan 18 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #52

My direction

Member No.: 495

God, I was MARRIED to Porce...

I remember being majorly intimidated by Feylia and elf (and Missy) when I was a n00b. For that matter, where has Commie gone? I still talk to Queenie on msn and facebook occasionally, but she's never on here anymore... WeeJ I haven't seen around for ages.

I could write a list of about 50 members I felt quietly inferior to for being so awesome in the last 4 and a bit years tongue.gif

--------------------
Once opened consume within three days. Above post is not suitable for home freezing. Store in a cool, dry area.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jan 19 2008, 01:09 PM
Post #53

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

I also have Jaq's msn but dont talked to that much which is silly seeing as I had great fun with her at the Glasgow Meet. If you want it Inky just give me a poke.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Mar 14 2008, 06:55 AM
Post #54

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I'm missed? Daw... (this is my sheepish face)

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Mar 15 2008, 04:28 AM
Post #55

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Yay old members! Jeez louize, I forget when I had enough of whatever it was to call myself a happy, active member of this place. Wish I hadn't. Aside from missing the entire lot of you so godd**n much it hurts, I've been mostly failing and resitting uni, and a whole lot of other grown-up things that in the end, I've managed to avoid completely. All that and I just turned 24. Figure I'm pulling quite the impressive peter pan.

Ok, so. Folk I wanna hear from as to how they're doing, who they're doing, wtf is teh mata-er and what the time is:

Cath, Jenn, Mata (obs), Syuu, Inky, P@t (still on Msn, get in touch you beggar), GA, Porce (seriously, we were local a few years back then you dropped off the radar...), Froggeeeee! (zomg miss you, are you still coming to fundee?), Lolo, Candi (tongue.gif even now you're married I still get to call you that) and Ste, Rach (who sounds like they've been busy), Vic (who doesn't stalk me nearly enough any more), Elf (yay, thankees for the hippy barfday), Dave (you ken well who you are you Londener), if fact all the dang Londoners I met when I was down there last (too long since).

If I've forgotted you its because I've been away too dang long and really need to have kept in touch better than I did. Blame me, then forgive me, then say hello gorramit.

Peace and noodly appendages be with you.

Tara (not the female one who I hope is still teaching young'uns how to rave...).

AND TELL THEM I SAID HELLO TOO. THERE MAY BE TROUBLE OTHERWISE.

Oh yeah. Dace says Hi too. So there wont be trouble.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Mar 15 2008, 01:07 PM
Post #56

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

Dewdz! Jaq and Tarantio within two posts of each other! The excitement is surely uncontainable!

woo

Oh c'mon. I'm getting old. That's the best I can manage nowadays.

How the very devil are you people?

Dace - the Werebugger is pleased to see you. Be afraid.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 15 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #57

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Hey there, nice to see you both.

So, a quick recap on my life:
I finished my PhD early 2007 and got a job in Jan 2007 with Criterion/EA.
Worked my butt off on Burnout Paradise.
Was made redundant, along with lots of other people in EA, but they told us four days after we finished work on the game. Nice timing.
In the last few months I've been noodling about, made the Halloween and new Mittens animation.
I've written a novel since being made redundant. It's currently being edited before I show it to agents.
I've been job hunting for months and deciding that I might have been better off if I'd never worked for Criterion in the first place.
I've just started temping again to pay the bills. That sucks, but the work itself is okay enough.

Overall, I'm pretty good.

Tara: how come the uni thing's being a problem for a bright chap like you?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Mar 16 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #58

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Oh, nothing really major, just a mix of illness and lack of funding made me not finish third year first time round, but I'm going back in September to finish the job, so its all good smile.gif.

Sucks about EA, Mata, we've been well warned by folk on the inside that they're a pretty bad employer to work for with regards to things like hours and layoffs, but experience on a triple-A title like burnout can't be anything but good for the CV, surely? As far as I know most employers look for that sort of thing in the games industry. Good luck finding something else you enjoy though.

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Mar 16 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #59

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Mar 15 2008, 07:07 AM) *
Dewdz! Jaq and Tarantio within two posts of each other! The excitement is surely uncontainable!

woo

Oh c'mon. I'm getting old. That's the best I can manage nowadays.

How the very devil are you people?

Dace - the Werebugger is pleased to see you. Be afraid.

Well! Now that you ask. wink.gif I'm back in Canadaland and have been for the last 2 1/2 years. Taking my (finally, thank god) last year of university and finishing my last requirement for my degree, a nine week practicum. Also, getting married in August and we're thinking of moving again, though probably just to another place in Canada, but you know it's a big country. These things matter.

I was looking through the forums a couple days ago and I can't believe that so many people that I actually know are still here! Holy crap monkeys verily! Snoo and InKy and Missy and Cand and Syuu and Cath and Vic and Pat you lurkers of MSN and of course Mata. I want updates too, on all your lives. Well, except Mata... That's really rotten about EA, but woo novel!

Also, remind me again, what server is #burrito on?

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 18 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #60

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Mar 16 2008, 02:51 AM) *
Sucks about EA, Mata, we've been well warned by folk on the inside that they're a pretty bad employer to work for with regards to things like hours and layoffs, but experience on a triple-A title like burnout can't be anything but good for the CV, surely?

Yes and no. I've got a lot of qualifications and I've got only one year's experience. This means that I'm considered above to graduate level positions (or I justifiably want too much money compared to a just-graduated student) but I don't have enough 'industry' experience to get mid-level positions because one year means nothing. Two years, yes, three, definitely, but one year isn't enough.

Of course, seven years making games on the internet with an international client list, being a self-taught programmer, graphics artist, and having had around 17 million people play my games in 2006 all means nothing because it wasn't putting boxes on shelves. Hm.

Mostly EA wasn't too bad as an employer, not nearly as bad as their reputation. There were plus sides, but I wouldn't say that we were actively encouraged to have a healthy work/life balance (quite the opposite at times) but I think that's a lot more to do with the bit of the studio and the state of the title I was working on, rather than the overall company.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
patback87
post Mar 19 2008, 07:04 AM
Post #61

Obsessive

Member No.: 1,680

Haha, I'm hoping that lurker and my name were concidently put next to eachother.

Well me I have been uber-busy with life this semester. It's gotten so bad that I actually did what I always said I would never do and I bought some sort calender device to keep all my stuff striaght. I dropped a class that wasn't really working out for me. Otherwise I've been working weekends and class on Tuesday and Wednesday and then my internship Monday, Thursday, and Friday. The internship is usually the bright spot in my week, I work for free, but I like so much more than my paying job. Next time you watch Jerry Springer or Steve Wilkos look in the credits for Pixel Brothers that's where I intern. Its cool to finally know people with names in credits, lol. Then outside of all of that still trying to schedule enough time to hang out with my friends, which I just hung out with a friend of mine that I haven't hung out with in months on Friday. Had a tasty burrito in the neighborhood they live in, they live in Pilsen which is predomintly Mexican and now artist and hipsters. Anyway look at me ramble on.

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 19 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #62

I am scared by the idea of scheduling time with friends.

I am also curious as to what qualifications a person needs to become a hipster, and where I can apply.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Mar 19 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #63

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

QUOTE (Mata @ Mar 19 2008, 12:43 PM) *
I am also curious as to what qualifications a person needs to become a hipster, and where I can apply.

You need to have hips. I would have thought that was obvious.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
patback87
post Mar 19 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #64

Obsessive

Haha, it's hard to describe, perhaps it's a Chicago term here you go something like this LOL. Kind like a punk, but not a punk.

I guess I should have used the phrase make time for friends rather than schedule, lol.

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"

+Quote Post
Daria
post Mar 19 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #65

Wait for the uprising

Unfortunately, Hipsters are universal.

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
ravein
post Mar 19 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #66

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jan 18 2008, 08:52 AM) *

Oh fine. Blame me... ;P

Yeah, I'll be kicking around here once in a while. You're all well overdue favourite body part thread.

Syuu mentioned her already, but has anyone heard anything from Jaq? She's one of the three non-Brit forumites with whom I've shared a telephone conversation. She failed to say 'aboot', despite being Canadian. I wasn't that disappointed, but still...

INKY!!!!!!!!!
*pummels*
*hugs*
*looks around awkwardly*
*pummels again*

Oh right hi all. smile.gif

Every once and a while I stop buy, however a career is a dreadful wench who keeps me knee deep in development logs, white papers and conference calls. Joy. Plus I have a dog now, and he is way more fun than a forum.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Mar 19 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #67

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (patback87 @ Mar 19 2008, 07:04 AM) *
Haha, I'm hoping that lurker and my name were concidently put next to each other.

I think that was refering to me...I think, damn, I just don't know now...

Job-wise I'm working in a shop, it's not the most glamourous of jobs but it's actually quite good fun and, y'know, I'm just a little interested in seeing if I can stick a job and take it somewhere better than hourly paid till monkey. Alas that means I'm still living at home, for the time being at least.
Actually, very little has happened in my life since finishing university, I initially came home to be there for my sister while her fella had lymphoma, he's all better now, and to the surprise of most he managed to father a child...also with my sister. Which, for those out of the loop, makes me an Uncle...or a nuncle thanks to a typo.

Anyway, I've just got back from a trip to New York, which was fun, I'm very jet-lagged but I have pics and funny stories*, may post them somewhere.

*My favourite being how I managed to meet up with a friend from university who was in New York for the mastering of the new Kids in Glass Houses album, I may pester him for a job in the future...

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
spiffilicious05
post Mar 20 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #68

Empowe(red)

Member No.: 614

While I feel like I may fall underneath the category of lost matazonians I try to come around. But I agree that when you're here it's better to focus on the now vs the past. Part of the reason I stopped coming around was because there were a lot of memories tied to certain people here. Now, it's just that I'm busy and I'm almost never around a working computer.

Seriously though, kudos to those of you who have insanely busy lives but are still able to keep this up =)

--------------------
Squeaky swings and tall grass
The longest shadows ever cast
The water's warm and children swim
And we frolicked about in our summer skin

Where I roam...

+Quote Post
patback87
post Mar 20 2008, 05:36 AM
Post #69

Obsessive

QUOTE (Daria @ Mar 19 2008, 01:40 PM) *
Unfortunately, Hipsters are universal.

I have some hipster friends, I mean a good portion of the film department at Columbia are hipsters, but some of them are just really annoying. I've been at parties where they just annoy the hell out of me, lol.

Edit: Here is the dry erase board I spoke of, lol.

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Mar 20 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #70

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (ravein @ Mar 19 2008, 02:01 PM) *
QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Jan 18 2008, 08:52 AM) *

Oh fine. Blame me... ;P

INKY!!!!!!!!!
*pummels*
*hugs*
*looks around awkwardly*
*pummels again*

Oh right hi all. smile.gif

Every once and a while I stop buy, however a career is a dreadful wench who keeps me knee deep in development logs, white papers and conference calls. Joy. Plus I have a dog now, and he is way more fun than a forum.

Ravein! Holy crap! So glad to see you.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Mar 20 2008, 10:21 AM
Post #71

I second that! *Hugs Rav*

That's a very cute puppy!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Mar 20 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #72

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

Sweet lord! Tis ravein!

*pummelage*

Most excellent to see you. Almost as excellent as your fool-pitying avatar.

Nice dog too. I have a cat. He's an absolute arsehole, but I love him.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Mar 20 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #73

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

God, it's practically a reunion around here... *grins*

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Mar 21 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #74

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

/joins in the reunion

Not a great deal to tell here and not much of it fun so I shall leave it there.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Mar 21 2008, 06:31 PM
Post #75

Wait for the uprising

I feel like a n00b again happy.gif

--------------------

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 03:18 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!