IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting to know you, getting to know all about you..., So what makes you tick?
Nice_Cup_Of_Tea
post Oct 25 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 15,040

A curious creature I am, and I thought a way of getting to know other members a little better was by being unashamedly nosey and asking you all 'What makes you tick'?

( OK I confess I am a little bored too!)

So if you don't mind sparing a few moments of your good time? Of course you can leave certain questions out if you wish.

*What is your first name?

*Where were you born?

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year.

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection?

*Who is your favourite Author/ess

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad?

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why?

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you?

*Are you a day or night person?

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple?

*Are you happy with your current career/job?

*What are you having for supper this evening?

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose?

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!?

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc...

*What (or who) is under you bed?

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'?

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom?

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child?

*What are your plans for today?

Thanks for answering! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Shhhhh! Can you hear that? No? Neither can I.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nice_Cup_Of_Tea
post Oct 25 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

(*What is your first name?) Si‚n. (Which is pronounced Sharn)

(*Where were you born?) Little Venice, London.

(*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection.) Blade Runner, Excalibur, A Clockwork Orange, Razorblade Smile, The Company Of Wolves, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Blade (troligy), Underworld, Dead Man Walking, Quadrophenia, Brotherhood Of The Wolf, The Addiction, Irreversible, Fith Element, The Crow, Kung Pow!, House Of A 1000 Corpses, Real Women Have Curves, Once Were Warriors, Angel Heart.

(*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year.) I found out that my father has Cancer.

(*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection?) Muse, VAST, Marilyn Manson, System Of A Down, Jane's Addiction, Amon Tobin, Siouxsie And The banshees, The Killers, Queens Of The Stone Age, Goldfrapp, Dephece Mode, Massive Attack, Rokysopp, Sneakerpimps, Lacuna Coil, Brian Eno, Vangelis, Lorenna Mckennitt, Portishead, Garbage, Lenny Kravitz, Dave Gahan, Red Hot Chili Pepers, All About Eve, Rob Zombie, Kasabian, Simple Minds, Clannad, U2, Bob Marley, Junior Walker And The All Stars.

(*Who is your favourite Author/ess.) Angela Carter.

(*Any plans to travel/ move abroad?)YES! Plan to move to NewZealand.

(*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why?)My bedroom, the best place to chill and have some space. Plus i love sleeping!

(*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit.) Jeremy Kyle, Brian Sewell, Michal Winner, George Bush

(*Which artists/works of art appeal to you?)John William Waterhouse, I love his painting 'The Crystal Ball'I also like the works of Alphonse Muscha.

(*Are you a day or night person?)Night!

(*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple?)A decent glas of red wine

(*Are you happy with your current career/job?) NO! Want to work less hours, for more money and with people who are not so damn lazy!

(*What are you having for supper this evening?)Spicy Singapore noodles, Sweet And Sour Chicken, Crispy Chili beef, Smoked Shredded Chicken, Special Fried Rice, Praswn Crackers. It's take away night tonight! YAYE!

(*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose?)On a beautiful white sandy beach, sun shining, clear blue sea! Sigh

(*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!?)Looking for the ladder! Where is it?!

(*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc...)You would never catch me dancing around a handbag in a club, wearing nothing more than a boob tube the size of a postage stamp and a skirt small enough to be a belt. You won't find me going to church, or in a betting shop

(*What (or who) is under you bed?)A copy of Viz magazine, my mobile phone.

(*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'?) Life On Mars!

(*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom?)Yes to all three. I love to chill out in my room and have some 'me' time.

(*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child?)Jamie And His Magic Torch, Chorlton And The Wheelies, Paper Play, Mr Benn, Rent A Ghost, The Tomorrow People.

(*What are your plans for today?)To do absolutely nothing but chill, eat good food, drink good wine and listen to good music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 25 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #3

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

*Where were you born?
London, England.

Dark City; Pan's Labrynth, You Me & Everyone We Know; Le Vie En Rose that about all I can think off the top of my hand

It's been kinda so-so. Oh, erm... the pound is not as strong against the dollar?

hrmmmmm Fela Kuti, and erm.... I dunno. funk. Like. To be honest. I listen to wefunk a lot. I'm quite likking Windmill at the moment.

Douglas Coupland (Generation X)

Yeah and maybe.

bathroom because it's full of plants and

only four? Bah, lot of people have wronged me, and I've wronged alot of people. I'm not feeling spiteful or mean at the moemnt, so none. I'd rather let them live out their lives

some cconceptual stuff, I like shed boat shed by that bloke. but i have a huge fondness for dame barbra whassername's Pegasus.

Night, generally, but sometimes night turns into day

if it's cold: amereto and hot chocolate, if it's warm ginger wine and cranberry juice

>_>

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose?

got me feeling all soppy, it'd be right with my Spoon happy.gif

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc...
Sex tape with George Bush, Maggie T and Hitler.

staroage boxes of CDs, art materials, photography chemicals and bits, CD I've yet to send Witless, pennies, fluff monsters and odd socks tongue.gif

no idea, not watched either of them.

no, I have a puter, and bbc iplayer!

one that really sticks in my mind is The Storyteller and there was an Australian seris about a gisrl from the future who had this tiara that could help her do things and it's all a bit vuage now, but I remember having to watch it.

Boring chore things, but tomorrow I go to a workshop to make a costume for halloween

be back later, to answer the rest

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Oct 25 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #4

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

I love these sorts of things! I go on myspace soley for the bulletin quizzes.

Isabelle, but I go by Izzy.

*Where were you born?
SaarbrŁcken, Germany

Umm... Favorites: Catch Me If You Can, Star Wars, and Pulp Fiction
I don't know if I have any 'Must sees' at the moment. It'd be nice to watch Dubya, but I can live without it.

You know, it's been a pretty good year. Probably the week where a bunch of people (family people) were mad at me.

Green Day, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, and The Ramones.

Dr Heinrich Hoffmann from when I was little, Darren Shan from around 8-12, Orson Scott Card (although I've only read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. There's like 6 of his books in the house though, which I'll read eventually), and Jim Al-Khalili for science books.

Traveling to Germany/Switzerland/Austria for Christmas, and I'll move eventually. Somewhere in Europe.

The living room. My room is cool and has all the stuff I need/want in it, but it's kind of dark in there. So I come in the living room to do work, watch TV and hang out and stuff.

Aww, bottomless? It should have spikes at the bottom.
Constance from The Mysterious Benedict Society, My English teacher from 3 years ago, and... Dunno, that's all.

*shrug* Any cool photography stuff of nature with nice colors and things.

Day for being social, night for getting stuff done.

No idea.

Does this include school? If so, usually. Not on Tuesday and Thursday though.

Something yummy, I think. My mom's on a cruise, so my grandma's cooking. biggrin.gif

England. And I'd drag you all to all the cool places we could go in an hour.

Child of proud home owners?

Dancing. tongue.gif

Absolutely nothing. Except maybe my cat.

Didn't go to either.

Nope. TV's booring.

Scoobey-Doo! I had a crush on Shaggy.

Not sure. Going to do some homework and then call people to see if they're up to doing anything.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Oct 25 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 25 2008, 01:41 PM) *
there was an Australian seris about a gisrl from the future who had this tiara that could help her do things and it's all a bit vuage now, but I remember having to watch it.

"This isn't my transducer!"

That's the only line I remember. I also recall her accidentally microwaving her clothes. Classic. Was it called The Girl From Tomorrow or something like that?

I also will be back with answers when there is time to spare.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Oct 25 2008, 04:12 PM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

Woo, this is a lot of questions!

*What is your first name? Shockingly, it's Candice. That's pronounced cand-iss, NOT cand-eese.

*Where were you born? Oregon City, Oregon

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. I don't think I have any that I "must see" right now. Favorites include American Beauty, Dogma, Office Space, Fight Club, and The Emperor's New Groove. Shut up, it's funny.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. I got ill a lot, I guess, but not as often as last year. Being an expat is fun, kids. There are tons of exciting new germs to befriend! 2008 has been a fairly good year for me.

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? Is this asking which are my favorites, or asking me to list them all? Because if it's the latter, I won't. There is some embarrassing stuff in there. I have the Animaniacs soundtrack, for goodness sake. In my defense, I was about 12 when I bought it.

*Who is your favourite Author/ess Dorothy Parker.

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? Pft, that is SO 2 years ago. tongue.gif (I'm an American, and I moved to the UK in November of 2006 to marry moop, another forumite)

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? I guess it'd have to be our bedroom. We have the best bed ever, and it's just a really cozy room.

George W, Sarah Palin, John McCain, and oh, just so they aren't all politicians, Tom Cruise.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? Frida Kahlo.

*Are you a day or night person? Day, I suppose.

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? Pear cider.

*Are you happy with your current career/job? >_>

*What are you having for supper this evening? Homemade pizza.

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? Silver Creek Falls, Oregon.

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? We do own this house, but I wasn't even in the country when it was purchased, so it's certainly through no effort of mine.

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... I will never be caught drinking English rootbeer ever again. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I might not be able to control my gag reflex.

*What (or who) is under you bed? Boxes of DVDs and winter clothing.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? Haven't seen either.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? Nope.

Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Smurfs...the usual 1980's cartoons. I also worshipped Punky Brewster and dressed like her until I was 8.

*What are your plans for today? Make pizzas, go to games night if it's on (don't think it is), catch up on TV. Nothing terribly exciting.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Moosh
post Oct 25 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #7

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

*What is your first name? James

*Where were you born? I can't tell you this, it undermines my "proper Northerner" credentials

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. Kung Fu Hustle, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowski, The Italian Job, Blazing Saddles, Ong Bak, The Sting, Blues Brothers, Cool Runnings, Hero, House of Flying Daggers

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? It varies rather a lot, at the moment I'm listening to a lot of Flobots and Beautiful South, Iron Maiden are always in there, as are Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd. ELO make me happy.

*Who is your favourite Author/ess Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Marcus du Sautoy, Simon Singh, probably some others I'm forgetting

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? I love to travel. I can see myself living in New Zealand, or possibly in the US.

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? In my parents' house the living room 'cos I like lying on the sofa with a laptop, or a friend. In my flat, my room 'cos the communal kitchen/dining/lounge is rubbish.

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. I don't really feel that much hate towards anybody

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? I'm not sure I can describe a style I like. My favourite ever is probably Untitled Chinese Ink Drawing by Henri Michaux. It's in the Tate Modern, you should go see it.

*Are you a day or night person? Evening. I'm probably most sociable and most productive at around 6-11pm.

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? A classic mojito is always appreciated.

*Are you happy with your current career/job? I'm a student and yeah it's pretty good.

*What are you having for supper this evening? I very rarely have supper, but if I do then maybe some wine and crisps or something. If you meant the evening meal, which should be called "tea", I think it's sea bass. I'm at my parents' house so I'm not cooking.

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? Bath. There are reasons.

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? I'm renting.

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... Anything organised by the LGBT(Q) society, 'cos they annoy the hell out of me.
I do most things.. I tend to avoid any sort of conflict though.

*What (or who) is under you bed? My inflating foam mattress and sleping bag, my laptop bag, a couple of cardboard boxes with food in.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? Didn't watch either.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? I have my computer and bbc iplayer.

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? I can't remember I'm afraid

*What are your plans for today? It's 5:30ish now, I probably won't do much else. I was going to go out but people have cancelled on me.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Oct 25 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #8

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

*What is your first name? Emma

*Where were you born? In London

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. Erm, they may not be great movies, but I completely love the Harold and Kumar movies.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. Erm, it's been a long year, nothing too bad has happened at all.

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? I am a bit of a classical music obsessive, but I hold that the three best modern bands are Muse, Radiohead and Placebo. But honestly, with me, most things go, apart from Stockhausen or Berg...

*Who is your favourite Author/ess I read far too little. I do like Jostein Gaarder though, until I realised he was antisemitic.

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? I'm big on Europe, very much related to the classical music obsession. I would love to study abroad in a European country.

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? There aren't very many rooms in my house, but probably the living room because that's the only place with things to do.

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. That sounds like it takes some effort to think about, no one jumps to mind. Maybe some corrupt dictators? Something that might help the world?

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? I love Rembrandt. I hate modern art, it's a complete joke. I also love Magritte, he's fantastic.

*Are you a day or night person? Night, completely. Things are always so much more exciting when it grows dark. And lights in the dark make such a fantastic atmosphere!

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? Erm, vodka and coke? I'm not fussy.

*Are you happy with your current career/job? Yeah, completely. I'm at school (lower 6th) so it works out for me. I can't imagine not being in full time education, I don't want to have to!

*What are you having for supper this evening? I'm going to have a soft boiled egg with soldiers. I'm excited because I haven't had one in a long time.

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? I'm happy here and my feet are tired today, so I'd just be here again, but this time in my pyjamas. Or maybe I'd be somewhere with a Fazioli piano and and hour to practise piano.

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? I live wth my parents.

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... Erm, in a complaints department in a supermarket?

*What (or who) is under you bed? Some books, and some sewing things.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? Didn't watch either.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? No, there's already one in my house.

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Oh wow, Playdays. I was more of a book reader when I was young, there were some really bizarre things, like a story about a boy who woke up in the night and fell in a giant tub of dough which turned into a dough aeroplane and he flew around giant milk bottles. And a story about dinosaurs that lived underneath all of the rubbish humans have piled on top of them...

*What are your plans for today? Well it was my birthday so I went to London with my mum and wandered about Carnaby Street, Picadilly Circus, a bit of Southbank. I think I'll curl up with a movie about nowish.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Oct 26 2008, 05:50 AM
Post #9

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

*What is your first name? Chelsey.

*Where were you born? A little nothing-town in Texas. smile.gif

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection.Dogma, Little Miss Sunshine, V for Vendetta, Girl Interrupted, AI, Across the Universe, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, I've a feeling that I'm missing some great ones but I just can't think of the names.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. It's been a crap year. But that's okay, I am living in a house, with a good family, and I eat every night.

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? Modest Mouse, Bright Eyes, Blue October, The Apathy Eulogy, Scene Aesthetic, Panic at the Disco...I have quite a few, and my taste in music varies a lot depending on my mood.

*Who is your favourite Author/ess I'm horrible with names. I love reading, but....Yeah. I never remember the Author's name.

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? I'd love to just go everywhere I possibly could. Besides, maybe, Antarctica.

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? Mine. I've arranged and tweaked and perfected it to the point that it's rather like its own seperate house. It's big and spacious with lots of comfy places to sit and things to do. happy.gif

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. Sarah Palin is hands down going in there, Paris Hilton (God forbid the media finds her down there, too.), Miley Cyrus (and her alter-ego...), and....Hah, well there's no way anyone would know who I'm talking about, but there was a teacher I had in eighth grade that was so mean to me that I *STILL* hate her.
She's going in there, too.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? I love art, in general, with no paticular favorites. I'm big into photography and painting, though. Just anything that conveys something more than canvas/paper/cardboard/whatever, I love it.

*Are you a day or night person? Neither and both. It's complicated.

*Are you happy with your current career/job? I was working for the demons over at Sonic for awhile, and I quit, because I hated it so much. If that answers anything at all.
Money < NOT WORKING AT SONIC

*What are you having for supper this evening? It's far past supper, and I made myself a plate of Nachos with waaaay too much cheese. Oops.

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? I wouldn't want to go alone, but to a nice beach, during the daylight. smile.gif though it's night at the beach I want to go to most right now.

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... Watching High School Musical 3? Oragnising the Prom? At the top of the Cheerleader Pyrmid? There are quite a few.

*What (or who) is under you bed? A few books, pillows (I've a million and at least half get shoved off the night after making my bed. and stay there on the floor for weeks after.) and maybe some clothes/socks/ect.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? My computer works as a Dvd player. smile.gif We don't have a famiy tv anymore so everyone else in the house is pretty jealous of my movie-watching glory.

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Blue's Clues. I was close to obsessed.

*What are your plans for today? I didn't have any. I ended up cleaning my room a bit and going on a very long walk around town, then seeing my boyfriend on his lunch (more of dinner) break.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Oct 26 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #10

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (Industrial Kybosh @ Oct 25 2008, 02:36 PM) *
QUOTE (funked)out_frog @ Oct 25 2008, 01:41 PM) *
there was an Australian seris about a gisrl from the future who had this tiara that could help her do things and it's all a bit vuage now, but I remember having to watch it.

"This isn't my transducer!"

That's the only line I remember. I also recall her accidentally microwaving her clothes. Classic. Was it called The Girl From Tomorrow or something like that?

Yarrr! The Girl From Tomorrow. Also, Round The Twist XD "Up the pong!".

Yeahh, I was into the Smurffs. Bucky O'Hare. Erm.... Rainbow Bright, Thunder Cats.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Oct 26 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 12,759

QUOTE (voices_in_my_head @ Oct 26 2008, 01:50 AM) *
*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Blue's Clues. I was close to obsessed.

They got rid of Steve! sad.gif

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Oct 26 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #12

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

*What is your first name? David, though nowadays most folks know me as Dave. I have been known to go by James once or twice. Don't ask.

*Where were you born? Rottenrow Maternity Hospital, Parkhead Road, Glasgow (deceased). They knocked it down a few years back and built a flower garden where it used to be, even auctioned off the rubble to raise money for childrens' charities.

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. Tonnes and tonnes, but my most favourite semi-recent film is The Kingdom.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. My Gran died in Feb.

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? Manics for the long haul, but right now I'm totally addicted to Brand New.

*Who is your favourite Author/ess Neil Gaiman/Phillip K. Dick, depending on the genre.

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? Hopes and dreams, yes; plans? Not so much...

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? Whichever one is emptiest at the time. Otherwise, mine. I like quiet, and the peace in which to appreciate it.

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. I honestly can't think of any, I try not to take stupid people or arseholes personally, or seriously.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? Francis Bacon has some interesting work for the twisted mind, and I was always a fan of Salvador Dali.

*Are you a day or night person? Night. By far. I actually find it easier to sleep once it starts getting light.

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? Pint of Guinness or a whiskey and lemonade, ta very much.

*Are you happy with your current career/job? Don't really have one at the moment, so I'd have to say no.

*What are you having for supper this evening? No idea. Possibly a chippy, since I'm travelling and have to go via Glasgow late on a Sunday night.

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? exactly one year ago today. Actually, nah, wishing for the past is boring and pointless. Probably just somewhere I had all my mates. The where doesn't really matter that much.

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? Neither, really. I flit from place to place like a leaf on the wind. Money isn't really on good terms with me, so it'll be a few years before I even think about buying a house.

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... The promotion of corporate business as the future of our race. Seriously, screw that.

*What (or who) is under you bed? Nothing. Its all in boxes at the moment, since I'm in the middle of moving.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? I haven't seen either, actually.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? I will, once I'm done moving again. 32" flatscreen with my PC and XBox hooked up to it. I'm a bit of a tech junkie.

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Favourite was probably Thomas the Tank Engine (when I was a baby/toddler) and Trapdoor (when I was a bit older). Least favourite was by far Stopit and Tidyup. That thing can still give me nightmares.

*What are your plans for today? Bus to Glasgow, catch a movie with a mate, bus to London, sleep on the way. Tomorrow is trench coat and London day!

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Oct 26 2008, 06:46 PM
Post #13

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

*What is your first name? Becky

*Where were you born? East Anglia, England

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. Um... lots. I like surrealism in films.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. Hmm... How about the best thing? Not sure what that would be either >_> Lots has happened!

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? Rozi Plain (folksy person on the Fence Collective) I think is the most recent. In my record collection, it would be a grammophone record of Ave Maria sung by Nellie Melba, which was made in October of 1904. Still plays beautifully, if a little muffled happy.gif

*Who is your favourite Author/ess? John Wyndham

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? Yes! I'm going to New York tomorrow biggrin.gif

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? The bedroom

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. I wouldn't- peace and love to all, yo.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? I really like Louise Bourgeois

*Are you a day or night person? Both!

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? Ameretto and lemonade, currently. Although I am partial to a good G&T (and in the summertime it is Martini Rosso and Lemonade)

*Are you happy with your current career/job? Yep!

*What are you having for supper this evening? Not sure, but I had mushroom and goat's cheese "wellington" for lunch

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? The Arctic!

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? I'm too nomadic to own my own place! Moving up to Scotland was my 13th move (and I'm 20)

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... Wearing fur, eating a bacon sandwich, being in a sex tape with Hitler, Froggy and Thatcher

*What (or who) is under you bed? A large, very old, blue suitcase with a broken handle.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? je ne sais pas

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? Nope!

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Quantum Leap, Stopit and Tidyup, Bertha, Sesame Street, Garfield And Friends

*What are your plans for today? For the rest of today is to sit about, playing Guitar Hero with my boyfriend and his cousin.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Nice_Cup_Of_Tea
post Oct 27 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Thanks for answering that rather lengthy list of questions! Cool!

Blimey I was bored that day! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Oct 27 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #15

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

*What is your first name? Laura though sometimes I think it's Lo....depends on who I'm with.

*Where were you born? California

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. Dangerous Liasons (I never spell it correctly), Fight Club, Clueless, Pride and Prejudice, Office Space

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. Not being able to get a job straight out of school, but that's not super horrible so I count myself lucky

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? Nine Inch Nails, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Etta James, Nina Simone, Duncan Sheik, Both 6 feet under soundtracks

*Who is your favourite Author/ess For funny...Pamela Ribon, for not so funny Anne Rice

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? I plan to go to Spain when I get a real job with vacation hours and the ability to make enough money to go somewhere

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? The living room because there is lots of space and I can just kick back on my couch or recliner and do whatever.

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. I don't think there's anyone I dislike enough to do this.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? Salvador Dali

*Are you a day or night person? Night though my job doesn't let me take as much advantage of this as I used to.

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? Either a Guiness or a shot of Tequilla

*Are you happy with your current career/job? It's not bad working there, though I would prefer something that allows me to make enough money to actually stop being a grown up kid.

*What are you having for supper this evening? cube steak and mashed potatoes

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? The Salvador Dali museum

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? I live at home with my mother and hopefully soon renting a small house

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... Snorting lines of coke off of the belly of a blue whale on the great wall of China.

*What (or who) is under you bed? Boxes of spare sheets my mom has for when my room eventually gets turned back into a guest room, a chess set, and Mr. Vibey

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? I don't think Ashes to Ashes has been made into an American TV show yet, but Life On Mars has and it's great.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? TV, DVD, DVR, VHS....come rob me now

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Thundercats, Transformers, Snorks, Voltron, and the Monchichis

*What are your plans for today? Create 2 mock ups of a web site and apply to have my college loans consolidated.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Oct 27 2008, 05:11 PM
Post #16

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Andrew

*Where were you born?
Ishpeming

Waking Life, Schindler's List,

My brother moved across the country.

Spoon, Pixies, Beatles, Sublime...

Piers Anthony

Maaaaybe >_>

I'd say a small room with a comfy chair, a good lamp and WiFi and I'd be set >_>

Four? That's a lot of people. Nobody makes that list.

Dali, Ansel Adams, Annie Leibovitz,

Both?

A good stout, I suppose.

Erm. Higher education isn't so bad.

Pshhh I don't even know what I'm going in five minutes let alone what I'm eating in 6-7 hours.

Froooooooonana

Hmm, that can wait a bit, really.

Seen dead in? I suppose daily life, I wouldn't want to be seen dead in that. I like being alive.

A trumpet! I don't know.

Because 100% of the population has seen those... I guess I don't exist!

I have an XBOX360, I don't need no stinking DVD.

Oh crap. I don't know. Thundercats, David the Gnome?

I don't do plans. Plans do me. That or I live my life unplanned.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 27 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #17

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

katii - or syuu. or, you know, pick a name.

*Where were you born?
hyrule.

leon the professional, fight club, memoirs of a geisha.

uhhh .. summer sucked pretty bad. i had a falling out with my friends right after my birthday. it's actually been a really good year,

two words: the. smiths.

*Who is your favourite Author/ess:
neil gaiman and poppy z. brite.

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad?:
yes and yes.

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why?:
mine. it has a featherbed, a computer, cigarettes, a phone, plants .. basically many of the things required for survival! oh, it has a couple of cats, too.

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit.:
nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody. i'm a lover, not a fighter.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you?:
usually only those i know intimately - good friends who are artists, things like that. that said, i really like pointilism(sp?)

i can be both. for school, i have to be a day person, but naturally, i'm more on the nocturnal side.

vodka. appletinis, mainly.

yes. yes yes yes yes yes. a thousand times. the decision to go to school and train was one of my best yet.

hopefully lemon cake.

that's difficult. i'm gonna skip.

desperate!

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc...:
cow tipping? gay protest rallies?

*What (or who) is under you bed?:
all of china. and mr. fuzzy.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'?:
never saw either. a bit of fry and laurie?

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom?:
yes ma'am.

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child?:
ninja turtles and batman.

*What are your plans for today?:
to eat, watch good television, maybe go out later, and just relax. it's one of my last days off!

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 28 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,112

Val

*Where were you born?
Small town in the S.E. corner of B.C. Canada

My Uncle's funeral.

Too many good ones to choose. Sorry. Biblioholic you see.

When I find the pennies to do so - yes.

It's a small place so there's no particular favourite. In the only house I ever part owned it was the back livingroom. It had bookshelves, comfy furniture (once you moved the cat), gas fireplace, and afternoon sunbeams!

Just my father's wife.

Once I'm up and had my coffee I like the morning.

Granville island craft beer seems to be what's around here most often.

More or less.

Chicken and roasted veg.

Toss up between my older brother's place, Fort Mac, or England.

Back to the pennies question. Just rent. Still, if the economy keeps swirling down the toilet I too may one day afford a home.

Willard. (only some people will get that joke) Dust bunnies and cat toys.

???

I have a DVD player somewhere. Er, not very useful item as I don't own a TV. I think it's hiding behind the couch.

Star Trek and Ed Grimley's excellent adventures. I also seem to think I saw Twilight Zone episodes. Does the Martian soul eater that looked vaguely like a houseplant ring a bell with anyone else? Could it have been on The Outer Limits? Or the thing in the attic that stopped time for the house's inhabitants? Until one tried to leave and aged to dust leaving only her locket. Don't think my parents were aware of my TV habits. *grin* But I'm *twitch* just fine. *twitch*

I really should go to Aquafit class. I've missed a few due to a rotten cold and really ought to go. Dante votes 'walk the cat'. Probably finish a book and play about on the computer.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Oct 29 2008, 06:42 AM
Post #19

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Amy!
Amelie, the Green Butchers, Eastern Promises, Waking Life, A Scanner Darkly, Eternal Sunshine (the list goes on)
I think in general I've disappointed some people this year. Wish I hadn't. I'm lucky otherwise, though.
Hm. Broken Social Scene, Why? and St. Vincent are on heavy rotation. Props to Emily Wells as well.
Too late! Though hopping across the St. Lawrence should hardly count as "abroad".
I like them all. I like inhabiting my house fully (including my roommate's rooms).
Ain't nobody deserve that.
Yves Klein's things (some, not all, love "Leap into the Void".) Dali, of course. Lots of photographers. I loved Boccioni and the Futurists for a short time last year.
Both! haha! Dominance of the globe is mine!
What season are we talking? Right now I could do with a hobo-forty, something strong with cranberries or an Irish coffee. Especially because it rained today.
I'm sad with my lack of one, but c'est la vie etudiante.
Evening's a long way away. It may involve rice.
Empty boxes. Some shoes. I have too much room-space to need to under-bed space.
Que ridiculoso. I have a laptop and don't need any damned magic-light-box.
I loved Antiques Roadshow.
Sleep, yoga, delicious breakfast, class, of Montreal show.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Nov 4 2008, 03:49 AM
Post #20

~§~Sanity Impaired since 1986~§~

Member No.: 82

Rebecca (nicknames Becky, Becca, Becks)

*Where were you born?
Brantford General Hospital to be very specific, if just the city then it's Brantford, Ontario, Canada.

I know there's a new George Romero zombie flick coming out at some point because couple of co-workers played some extra zombies! They showed me pics and all that it was really good but urhg so much makeup they wear o_O;;

Nothing drastic but enough little things such as friends in my life not putting enough effort in a friendship and me always having to and getting fed up with them and just not bothering with'em anymore. Their loss. Least I still have my 2 closest best friends.

What CD collection? LOL! <3 Piracy doesn't matter what anyone else thinks lol.

Don't have one.

Yeah with what money? I wish!

Bedroom when I wanna sleep and computer room for everything else it seems. I need to interact with people more @_@

Actually I can name more than four, you got a few hours? LOL!

I keep openminded to it all so nothing specific.

I was more a night person when I was younger. I've kind of balanced out so I'll say "depends on my mood"

Alexander Keith's India Pale ale is a favourite. If not, get me a few Bacardi breezers (orange please) and I'm good!

Satisfied enough, yep. Wish I had more hours though like I used to.

Already ate it earlier.

With my best friend Jonathan in Port Hope (of course with his consent of course, not gonna show up uninvited ;D lol)

I'm on the deed? That question is weird lol.

Crap. Lots of crap lol. Very messy room.

I don't know, never saw either of them.

TV but I never use it.

Power Rangers, Sesame Street, and a lot of other programs that were on after school biggrin.gif TV was awesome back then.

It's going on for 11pm soon here so not too much...go on another walk tonight once my mp3 player is done charging and maybe watch John Stewart and the Cobert Report. We'll see. I'm getting tired.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gelosea
post Nov 5 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #21

Guppy Xtreme!

Member No.: 15,441

*What is your first name? - Lauraaaaaaa

*Where were you born? - Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. - far too many =p

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. - distance =[

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? - Evanescence <3

*Who is your favourite Author/ess - sarah waters; jk rowling

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? - travel, yesssss!!!!

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? - bedroom... bed =D

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. - george w.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? - currently, jo spence

*Are you a day or night person? - night

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? - john smiths or a malibu and coke please =]

*Are you happy with your current career/job? - no... thinking about quitting uni

*What are you having for supper this evening? - stir fry

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? - my girlfriend's house please

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? - desperate =p

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... - wearing a dress... unless it was a very important family occasion and i had to! =p

*What (or who) is under you bed? - suitcase, portfolio, dust

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? - haven't seen either

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? - all three =D

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? - raggy dolls, teenage mutant hero turtles!

*What are your plans for today? - tidying =/

+Quote Post
mintyfish
post Nov 20 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 15,459

Hate it, wonít admit to it.

*Where were you born?
Zoo.

Water, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Metropolis, Bad Education, The King and the Clown, Iím a Cyborg But thatís OK, other things.

Aunt died. Cancer.

Neutral Milk Hotel, CAKE, Rufus Wainwright, Of Montreal, Elf Power, Harry Chapin, Mika, The Polyphonic Spree, happy hippy music.

Jorge Lius Borges, Douglas Adams, Joseph Heller, Yann Martel, David Mitchell, Dostoyevski (honestly)

Everywhere! Well, everywhere thatís not too sunny and warm, I fry up like a chicken nugget. On a magic carpet, since I certainly haven't got the cash.

Given the grand choice between my room and the kitchen (i.e., only two rooms Iíve got), Iíd have to say my room?

I'd be a bad hippy if I *admitted* I'd like to do this.

William Blake, Chuck Close, Jules Bastien-Lepage, Vermeer

Night I suppose.

Whisky or cider

Studenting is lovely, although I sense a scam behing this I-pay-you-to-make-me-work business.

Fish sticks and curry beans with Tesco wheaten bread! Did I mention I am a uni student?

Um, Tokyo! I could go for some noodles right now.

I am sharing a flat with not one, not two, not three, but four other people. The microwave didnít work long enough this morning to do my porridge all the way. Our garbage has been sitting for so long in front of the door in a passive-aggressive battle to see who'll take it, it's stained the carpet. Iíd say thatís a solid Ďnoí on the homeownership front.

Screening of High School Musical III.

Packing peanuts and fuzzy things.

Erk, I havenít watched eitherÖ

Yes, but not a liscence! I use it as a hat rack.

Speed Racer, Captain Planet, assorted Wholesome Programming.

Write an essay on authorial assumptions of femininity in Merovingian hagiographical texts. What larks!

+Quote Post
bug0112
post Dec 11 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #23

Super advanced member

Member No.: 2,935

Rebecca. Although most people, including a few teachers, call me Bug.

*Where were you born?
Leamington Spa, Midlands somewhere.

I love 'Sweeney Todd' and 'Dead Poet's Society', amongst others. Films to see? Erm...none spring to mind right now, althoguh I KNOW there are loads...

Having surgery? I think?

I...don't really buy CDs anymore. Although music-wise, Blue October, Goo Goo Dolls, Damien Rice...plus random songs.

I adore Catherine Webb. And Jane Austen.

I wish!

My bedroom. Because it's mine, I tell you, mine! And it's away from everything.

I can't really think of any right now. I'm not really the type to push people, just get upset and have others to do it for me tongue.gif

...art? I fail at anything artistic. I had trouble even spelling that word.

Depends on who I'm with. Not a morning person, whatever.

Apple sourz. I blame my friend for making me try it.

In school - not really. Can't get a weekend job at the minute, but liked my last one.

I have absolutely no clue.

The Moon! It would be pretty damn amazing. Unoriginal, but amazing.

Living with parents. Wishing I could move out...

I do some pretty stupid stuff. Oh, I'd never do 'I'm a Celebrity...". Not that I AM a celebrity.

Only just moved house, haven't had a chance to put anything there. Sad times.

I never saw either. I feel rather deprived.

TV and Video that don't work. Portable DVD that I "borrowed" from my dad.

I actually enjoy kids' TV far more now than I did when it was meant for me. I loved 'Okey Dokey(?)' and another one I can't remember the name of.

School, then going shopping for party shizzle.

--------------------
Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Dec 11 2008, 01:36 PM
Post #24

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Ah, I guess I can indulge you in all of this. Not that there's much to tell...

*What is your first name? Lee. Possibly the most boring name in the known universe and some parts that are unknown.

*Where were you born? Oldham. I moved out the first chance I got, haven't been back since.

*Films that are on your 'Must see' list or are in your 'favourites' collection. "The Fifth Element" is one of my all-time faves, along with "Die Hard" and "Snatch". After that, it depends on what mood I'm in.

*Worst thing that has happened to you so far this year. Having my only family holiday rained off for the third year running. It's not funny anymore.

*What bands/artists have pride of place in your CD collection? Again, it all depends on what mood I'm in. I guess perennial faves include The Smiths, Sisters of Mercy, Ministry, NIN, Queen, and I've recently had a dalliance with the Ting Tings. I'm on a bit of an 80's trip lately, so any band with synthesisers and bad hair tend to hit the spot right now.

*Who is your favourite Author/ess I'm partial to a little John Grisham.

*Any plans to travel/ move abroad? Travel, yes. I'm desperate for a foreign holiday, if only because it won't bloody rain! Have had on-off plans to move to Australia, but never really followed it up.

*Which is your favourite room in the house, and why? Ooh, now that's a tough one. It's a close call between the bedroom (bed, puter), living room (big telly and comfy sofa) or kitchen (food and more food). I think the bedroom might sneak it on a technicality.

*Name four people you'd want to push into a bottomless pit. What, only four? Hmmm, I'd best make them good ones, then.

*Which artists/works of art appeal to you? I'm utterly pants when it comes to art. I can't see what people see in cubism, or Picasso's blue period, or anything knocked together by Jackson Pollock or his ilk. I went to see a Gustav Klimt exhibition in Liverpool earlier this year, it was good but again I didn't see what all the fuss was about. Tell you what, though, he was a bit of a pervy type, you should see his more, erm, mature works!

*Are you a day or night person? Day, generally. I try to maintain some nocturnalism but generally, come midnight, I prefer to be snuggled up in bed than out on the town.

*It's my round, so what's your favourite tipple? If you're buying, I'll have a pint of vodka with a beer chaser wink.gif Actually, I rarely drink anything these days. On occasions I'll go out and get drunk, but generally I can't be bothered. So mine's a pint of Coke Zero then.

*Are you happy with your current career/job? No. I took the job as a stepping stone and I'm not entirely sure it was the best move to make.

*What are you having for supper this evening? Christ knows, I don't plan that far ahead.

*If you could click your fingers and end up anywhere you wanted to be for an hour, where would you choose? Right now? Anywhere would do, but I guess I'd spend it with my wife, wherever she happened to be.

*Proud home owner or desperate to get your foot on that ladder!? I used to be a proud homeowner but had to sell up. Now I'm renting and cursing all those bastard landlordy types who buy big properties and turn them into flats, thus inflating the price of big houses to frankly ridiculous proportions. I mean, who wants to spend a quarter of a million quid to live round here??

*Name a place(s) or situation(s) you wouldn't be seen dead in, taking part in, doing etc... Anything I gain from which causes grief to someone else. And I don't mean getting a plum job or the last bag of spuds.

*What (or who) is under you bed? Bedding, is the very boring answer. It's a divan with drawers in it.

*Which of the two was the better show? 'Life On Mars' or ' Ashes To Ashes'? I never watched either of them, although I wish I had.

*Do you have a TV/DVD/Video in your bedroom? Nope. Bedroom is for sleeping, eating and maybe building a little fort.

*What were your favourite programmes when you were a child? Chorlton and the Wheelies was my absolute favourite.

*What are your plans for today? Just getting through it unscathed would be good.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Dec 14 2008, 01:31 PM
Post #25

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

Mike. Or Michael, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

*Where were you born?
In a crossfire hurricane.

Withnail & I has always been my favourite, but others that swing around the upper echelons include The Big Lebowski, Dawn Of The Dead, Oldboy, Fight Club, Ichi The Killer, Audition, Dead Man's Shoes, Hedwig & The Angry Inch, Shaun Of The Dead, Memento, Ghostbusters, Terminator 2... I'm rarely without a pile of DVDs on the go.

A few personal matters that don't really need any more going over than they've already been given. That, and the ever-present threat of redundancy.

I try not to play favourites with the bands I listen to, as my tastes change with my moods, but the bands that are the closest fit for me are Super Furry Animals and Pavement - bands that aren't afraid to buck trends and make music that you've never heard the like of before, but which is still instantly brilliant to the ear.

There are a few whose stuff I will buy on spec without hearing or reading a review - Clive Barker, Haruki Murakami, Robert Rankin, and the late, great Douglas Adams.

Travel, certainly. I like to go a little further afield every now and then. Thailand seems to be favourite for the next long jaunt, but closer to home, it's always gonna be Italy.

All the best things in life happen in the bedroom.

I'll wuss out on this one, as I'm in a fairly good mood today. Besides, I'd prefer a pit with a bottom, so I can hear their bones break when they land.

I've been a fan of the surrealist movement ever since my dad took me to a Salvador Dali exibition as a child. It had a profound effect on me, to say the least.

I used to be a proper night owl, but necessity has made me a friend of the day star.

If we're having a meal or watching a film, I'll take a nice glass of cabernet sauvignon or shiraz; if it's a sesh down the pub for a good chat, a pint of Pedigree would be favourite, or a gin & tonic if it's sunny; however, if we're just out to get nicely toasted, make mine a Smirnoff and whatever mixer is to hand.

No, but I love the people I work with. Good banter in the workplace is not to be undervalued.

No idea. Likely some variation on the theme of potato.

The more i think about it, the more appealing Vegas becomes...

Homeowner, and happy with that.

Robbie Williams concert. Yeeessshhhh...

Mostly books and magazines that I've just read

I didn't watch either, sadly. I'm crap at watching stuff when it's on telly. I tend to either buy or borrow box sets. I'm on Thw Wire and House right now, so it'll be a while before I watch anything else.

No. I'd get nothing done otherwise.

My parents say that, if they wanted some peace and quiet, all they had to do was put me in front of the Muppet Show. I also have fond memories of Mosschops, though no-one I've spoken to remembers it.

Work until 6, then home to probably watch some more House. I would usually have a wind-down beer, but my cold has made the experience of drinking booze unpleasant to say the least. Feh...

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:55 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!