Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crashed!
Pixelgoth
post Nov 5 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Flaps and spins on the spot

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 390

So what with everything else going on at the moment I thought I really needed to add to the s*&%! sad.gif

I was driving home on Monday night from Cheshire and I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention as I came up to a country road bend too fast and the road was wet and it was a foggy night so I didn't see the corner quickly enough and turned too quickly. My car skidded left, right, left and then just kept spinning and spinning for what seemed like an eternity with my stuff spinning around in the car with me. I finally slammed to a halt in a ditch facing up. Luckily I hadn't flipped the car but I had written it off. I was fine but when I tried to get out of the car the door wouldn't open far enough. I panicked as I couldn't find my mobile in the darkness but finally did and managed to call 999. I then realised I had blood all over my hand and started to get rather hysterical.

Thankfully a passing off duty policeman stopped at this point and took over the 999 call as I wasn't any help. I didn't know where I was or how anyone could get to me.

A few minutes later the fire brigade, police and ambulance arrived and told me, as I was complaining about neck pains, that they were going to put a neck brace, give me oxygen and they'd have to cut me out of the car!! At this point I got really worried and kept asking them about my neck and if I was going to be parallysed. They couldn't give me any info and, what with everything that had happened recently, I couldn't stop crying. Eventually they cut me out 1.5 hours later, got me on a spine board and took me to the hospital my brother had been treated at which made me cry even more.

They took loads of xrays and decided I was OK thankfully and there was no lasting damage. I just have a sore neck and wounded pride.

During all of this they kept asking me if there was anyone they should call and I really couldn't think of anyone who lived nearby other than Ryan (my ex). I didn't want to get him out of bed at 1am and felt terrible but they did ring him and he came and looked after me and is still looking after me as I'm stopping at his house as I'd be stranded in the back end of nowhere in Burnham without a car. It's wonderful of him to help but this is perhaps the last place I want to be right now but don't want to be on my own as my thoughts get very low.

The insurance company won't give me a courtesy car as it was a write off (I have no roof now!) but they did say they would rush the claim through. In the meantime I am without my own transport which is a real pain. I can use public transport (I'm no snob!) but with everything that's going on I need to be getting out and about and being stuck in my someone else's house is driving me mad and even more depressed.

I still haven't started taking the happy pills (even tho they're in my bag) as I'm so frightened of a. feeling worse before I feel better (I can't get much lower) and b. being dependent on them or c. feeling 'fake' happy.

I just don't know what to do sad.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Nov 5 2008, 05:14 PM
Post #2

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

First off, that's terrible. I think it would be the understatement of the year to say, 'when it rains, it pours.' It does hold true, though, and I hope after this whatever force keeps the universe running finally decides that maybe you've had enough.

As for what to do now, all I can say is pause. Just take a minute to push all of your other priorities aside and make yourself the priority. I'm not sure what you've been doing on a daily basis since all of that mess happened to you, but if it's returning to work or school or life as scheduled without missing a beat, maybe you just need to slow down. That said, I hope you feel better. You've definitely earned good things coming your way. *massive hugs from forever away*

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Nov 5 2008, 05:22 PM
Post #3

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

I think syuu covered it there. You've really been through the f@cking wringer lately haven't you? Give yourself as much self-time as you can (surname pun possibly not intended) and I hope things finally start to even out for you - or, God forbid, actually improve. No-one deserves this much shit.

*many hugs*

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Nov 5 2008, 07:07 PM
Post #4

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Oh bollocks...

*hug*

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 5 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #5

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

*moar hugs*

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 5 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Oh dear gods... You've really had a terrible time. I think we should nominate this 'psychic hugs to Sam' month.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Nov 6 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #7

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

sad.gif *Hugs, hugs, hugs*

I'm so sorry.
Just remember that although things are really messed up right now, they can go nowhere but up. For every horrid time in life, there is always a wonderful time just around the corner. smile.gif

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 6 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

*more hugs and a few (.)(.) as well to hopefully cheer you up a little*

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 6 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Cath @ Nov 6 2008, 03:29 PM) *
*more hugs and a few (.)(.) as well to hopefully cheer you up a little*

They most certainly made me chuckle. As did InKy's 'self' pun biggrin.gif

Syuu, my counsellor said exactly the same thing and as other people have done so I think you may all be right. I need me time. I'm taking next week to relax after the funeral. I'm then going to ease myself back into work as it's only part time. I'm then taking a week long trip to Chicago to see my family out there which will be wonderful.

Thanks for all your support.

My life has been truly terrible recently (and not so recently with Mum dying 3 years ago) and quite frankly it's about time the the 'great thing in the sky' gave me a break. I don't want to sound like a whinger or whiner but I guess I deserve a break in more ways than one.

Hugs to all you guys and I like the idea of Psychic Hug for Sam month biggrin.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Nov 6 2008, 10:27 PM
Post #10

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

Chicago? When?

Also, *big hugs* although... Not sure hugs can be big? They're about the size of your body >_>

+Quote Post
patback87
post Nov 7 2008, 08:14 AM
Post #11

Obsessive

Member No.: 1,680

I'm sad to hear that, I hope you get better soon.

I'm with spoon Chicago? When?

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura

+Quote Post
Daria
post Nov 7 2008, 07:59 PM
Post #12

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Even more hugs! (Actually, a sandwich of hugs from both Wytu and I)

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 11 2008, 08:18 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Daria @ Nov 7 2008, 07:59 PM) *
Even more hugs! (Actually, a sandwich of hugs from both Wytu and I)

Sandwich of hugs eh?!? wink.gif laugh.gif

I'm off to Chicago from 26th November to 3rd December (landing back on 4th). I'm sooooo excited. I'm seeing friends and family out there and can't wait biggrin.gif

My car insurance are paying out what the car's worth too which is fab as I can get on with buying a new one. Hurrah!

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
patback87
post Nov 14 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #14

Obsessive

Member No.: 1,680

Well I'm sure you will have a good time, we know how to have a good time in Chicago, lol. Also are you going to be more in the suburbs or the actually city?

--------------------
user posted image
The Blender Radio
"'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood?" -Ralph Waldo Emerson "Self-Reliance"
"It's cozy if your Hanibal Lector." - Ace Ventura

+Quote Post
leopold
post Nov 14 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #15

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

They do say, "It never rains, but it pours". I don't know who they are, but they seem to be right; you've had a bit of a monsoon lately.

As unpleasant as crashing is, I'm going to try and put some positive spin on this. You had an escape from the crash in more ways than one: Minor injuries, wounded pride and a wake-up call. This happening means that you now can stop trying so hard to be the strong one and concentrate on yourself for a bit. Yep, a bit extreme, but that's the nature of the beast. It's now time for YOU. So now you can go to Chicago to convalesce (which is a good excuse). Oh, and you'll get a new car, which can't be bad.

Positive spin aside, you've had a rough time of it lately. Fingers and more crossed that things will get better for you, and very soon.

*hugs*

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 15 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #16

QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 14 2008, 11:09 AM) *
They do say, "It never rains, but it pours". I don't know who they are, but they seem to be right; you've had a bit of a monsoon lately.

As unpleasant as crashing is, I'm going to try and put some positive spin on this. You had an escape from the crash in more ways than one: Minor injuries, wounded pride and a wake-up call. This happening means that you now can stop trying so hard to be the strong one and concentrate on yourself for a bit. Yep, a bit extreme, but that's the nature of the beast. It's now time for YOU. So now you can go to Chicago to convalesce (which is a good excuse). Oh, and you'll get a new car, which can't be bad.

Positive spin aside, you've had a rough time of it lately. Fingers and more crossed that things will get better for you, and very soon.

*hugs*

Thanks Leo *hugs* I have been telling everyone pretty much the same thing. I'm in one piece and someone was trying to tell me that it wasn't my time to go and I should enjoy my life as best I can. You're also right about buying a new car. I have the excuse and now money to buy something nice so I should treat myself (within reason!).

Currently I thinking

Fiat 500 Abarth
Mini One
Toyota Yaris (as mine saved my life!)
Nissan Micra

Probably in that order but will have to test drive to see which I prefer.

Anyone got any opinions of any of those?

I think the 1st two are more 'me' than the last two which could be perceived as grannymobiles wink.gif

As far as Chicago goes I am going to be in the suburbs and central so it'll all be fun smile.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
leopold
post Nov 17 2008, 09:43 AM
Post #17

Absentee Mod

Pix, if the top two are more you then the Fiat will be better. I've heard it said that it's quicker, more nimble and less expensive. That said, the Mini these days is really just a smallish BMW. I'm not sure about the Micra, it's a bit bug-eyed for my tastes. But then again I need more seats than most and my choice is limited to the VW Touran and its ilk, so I don't really check out your section of the market.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 19 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (leopold @ Nov 17 2008, 09:43 AM) *
Pix, if the top two are more you then the Fiat will be better. I've heard it said that it's quicker, more nimble and less expensive. That said, the Mini these days is really just a smallish BMW. I'm not sure about the Micra, it's a bit bug-eyed for my tastes. But then again I need more seats than most and my choice is limited to the VW Touran and its ilk, so I don't really check out your section of the market.

I'm testing driving the Fiat 500 (the Abarth isn't available til March 09 and I can't wait that long!) next Monday. I've seen a nice Mini and a really nice Yaris. So far though I'm going with the Yaris SR unless the Fiat 500 wows me more. I think the Yaris SR (sports version) is really nice and I feel safe and there's a sort of familiarity but it doesn't look the same as my old Yaris so it's not weird being in it. Plus, the guy showed me the actual car I'd be buying and I felt a connection.....which is such a girlie thing to say laugh.gif I can't explain it really. It was like it was my old car reincarnated......I think I might need some special pills now........ blink.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
leopold
post Nov 20 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #19

Absentee Mod

No, I understand entirely the connection thing. I had the same feeling with an old Saab I bought years ago. I got really lucky finding the exact one I was after and at a price I could afford. I loved that car, but I wasn't too keen on the fact it had been poorly maintained and kept having stuff break on it.

I've had a similar experience recently, I've been looking around as my car is due for replacement. Having a big family means I need something akin to a minibus. I've got my eye on a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, a really good looking car, but it's not on the list of cars I can get from the lease company sad.gif I'm considering an opt-out so I can get one. And I've not even test-driven one yet!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 20 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #20

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Yeh I got something like that with my little green micra. I'd been round a few second hand places and not got anything from the car we'd looked at then we drove past and saw it on the front of forcourt and I went I want to try that one. It was the right price, low milage, good condition and everything.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Nov 24 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #21

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

I'm surprised how little I hear people mention the Jazz (or Fit in the US). Its a great little car by Honda, has a ton of space inside, fuel efficient, and a bit better looking than the Yaris (in my opinion).

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 30 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Kitty @ Nov 24 2008, 06:58 PM) *
I'm surprised how little I hear people mention the Jazz (or Fit in the US). Its a great little car by Honda, has a ton of space inside, fuel efficient, and a bit better looking than the Yaris (in my opinion).

It only comes in a 5 door and I don't like 5 doors basically.

I opted for the 500 in the end as it was just a better car with better extras than the Yaris. Plus it's proper funky. Here it is...

My new car

smile.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Dec 1 2008, 04:19 AM
Post #23

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

Thats really nice looking smile.gif

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
leopold
post Dec 1 2008, 10:04 AM
Post #24

Absentee Mod

That's a cool choice, Pix. Enjoy smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Dec 24 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #25

UPDATE

I went to see the nice off duty policeman who was the first person to stop after my accident the other day. Just as I thought, he told me that I did flip my car 360 degrees (and not just spin on a flat axis like I'd been told) as there was mud on the roof that couldn't have got there any other way! ohmy.gif I'm not sure whether to be impressed and consider a career as a stuntperson or be even more shocked and grateful that I walked away....or just a mix of the two!?! unsure.gif

As an aside he was rather tasty too wink.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 09:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!