Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Creative Exercises
LoLo
post Dec 23 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I recently bought myself this book Caffiene for the creative mind and it's filled with little exercises that you're supposed to do in about 15-20 minutes to keep your creative juices in shape. I think this is a pretty good book and am going to be doing the exercises and I wanted to see if anyone wants to join me to make this more entertaining and interesting? I'm going to pick a random exercise every night and put my version on here and then if you want to you can do this as well and I'll keep posting as long as people want to join in.

So for tonight's, I chose the first exercise called "Pimp My Red Flyer." Here are the instructions:

MTV has a ton of original programming these days. One of these successful shows is called "Pimp My Ride," where the hosts take an otherwise ordinary vehicle and "pimp it out" by re-engineering it to create a luxurious often urban-inspired mobile transit device. Complete with all the fixin's these vehicles keep some characteristics of the original and in most cases, the result is quite extraordinary. Although some of the original vehicles are rather run-down and plain, none are as simple as, say, a common red wagon. Your task today is to "Pimp My Wagon." Take an ordinary red wagon, a simple toy that most children love, and "pimp it out" with whatever luxuries and additions you can think of. Create your ultimate urban-inspired, pimped-out wagon.

Here is a picture to download and manipulate

my solution

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Dec 23 2008, 03:38 AM
Post #2

Lord of the Keys

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,329

Caffeine? Yes.

haha, sounds cool though. Be back tomorrow with a red wagon to post--what a rad idea!

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Dec 23 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #3

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

Haha, that's so cool. I'll pimp it when I have some more time. Keep posting!

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Dec 23 2008, 11:27 AM
Post #4

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

Me too. This sounds like fun.

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 24 2008, 03:17 AM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Tonight's doesn't require any photoshopping, or collaging, just typing.

"Scott Tired of Bein lil Poe Called For You"

Nicknames are sweet. A good nickname will follow a person their entire life. How many people have walked up to Magic Johnson and called him “Earvin?” Nicknames define us. In most cases, we get our nicknames from other people. Rarely do we give ourselves nicknames. Unless you’re a pro wrestler…then, our apologies. Your task today is to give your immediate posse nicknames. If you have co-workers around you, then give them nicknames. If you don’t, choose your circle of friends. The key is that the nicknames have to go with either their first name or their last name. For instance, baseball player Barry Bonds might be Barry “Bail” Bonds. Or moviestar George Clooney might be George “Of the Jungle” Clooney. And don’t forget your nickname. You pro wrestler you.

Real Life Friends (Who would probably kill me for putting their last names on here, so I’ll just stick with first names)

Angie – Angie “Pangie Bo Bangie Banana Fanana Fo Fangie Me Mi Mo Mangie Angie”
Bruce – “The Spruce” Bruce
Katy – Katy “Arrrr Matey”
David – David “The 6’3” Gnome”

Work People

Tracy – Tracy “loves Pacey” (Ok I’m really into rhyming tonight apparently)
Lois – Lois “the fast lane” (yeah I know corny)
Demona – Demona “give me de’monet’”
Latisia – Latisia “god your name is hard to come up with something that will actually work with it”
Lauri – Lauri “boysenberry”

Online (I’m just going to stick with my two oldest friends online)

Candice – Candice “Nimble” Frimblewitz
Becky – Rebecca “Romaine Lettuce” (Like Rebecca Romaine Stamos or however that’s spelled)

Me

Laura – Laura “Bora the big fat whora” (Technically it’s the best kids in grammar school could come up with so I didn’t think this one up, but it sure does get a nice melody going when sung)

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 10:50 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!