> Travelling Round The World in 2009
Pixelgoth
post Dec 24 2008, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Flaps and spins on the spot

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 390

Hi all,

As I had a pretty sucky (understatement of the century! sad.gif) year in 2008 I decided to start 2009 off with a bang and I am travelling round the world from 17th January to 16th February.

I am going to Chicago for 1 week, then to Auckland (via LA) for a few days, then Wellington for about 10 days, then off to Brisbane for a week, then back to London via Singapore for a night. I'm mostly staying with family/friends and I'm proper excited. Also, I decided to treat myself and go business class/club class as there are a few long a** flights in there and I didn't fancy sitting for 14 hours next to some sweaty fat bloke or screaming child or annoying "i wanna talk the whole flight" person! rolleyes.gif

Anyway, any hints and tips for those places? Chicago I've done before (and LA) but I've never been as far as NZ or Oz and I'm really excited smile.gif

P.S. If anyone wants to know why I'm only going for 1 month, I don't honestly know. I think I was worried about travelling by myself for two long and a month seemed about a nice amount of time to take off work. I'm sure I could go for longer and/or again but for now 1 month should satisfy me.....or just make me hanker for me?!? wink.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Dec 27 2008, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

That sounds awesome! And NZ/OZ should be a nice trip especially in the ncie seats wink.gif

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Dec 27 2008, 09:53 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Smiler @ Dec 27 2008, 02:08 PM) *
That sounds awesome! And NZ/OZ should be a nice trip especially in the ncie seats wink.gif

Are they anything like nice seats?!? wink.gif

I am proper excited about it all. It's gonna be a real adventure and I intend to do some pretty cool stuff while I'm there. I've been told about black water rafting which sounds like a fear I need to conquer although I'm drawing the line at bungee jumping blink.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
EvilSpork
post Dec 28 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #4

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Member No.: 829

(Froggie)

ohmy.gif

Awesomes happy.gif Erm, I never been those places maself, but ah... do stuff and things. Cool stuffs and things. Like Black water rafting sounds fun, scary fun XD Oh erm. If I think of anything I'll say. I guess I'd suggest treying as many food as you can fill your belly with *rubs a burrito filled belly*

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Dec 29 2008, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Awesome, I am definitely going to treat myself to a round the world trip one day. Have fun and drop in on my Grandma while you're in Australia, it's not that big - I'm sure you'll run into her at some point.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Kitty
post Dec 29 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #6

Professionally Unprofessional

Member No.: 580

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Dec 27 2008, 04:53 PM) *
QUOTE (Smiler @ Dec 27 2008, 02:08 PM) *

Are they anything like nice seats?!? wink.gif

I am proper excited about it all. It's gonna be a real adventure and I intend to do some pretty cool stuff while I'm there. I've been told about black water rafting which sounds like a fear I need to conquer although I'm drawing the line at bungee jumping blink.gif

Black water rafting sounds like it could be more dangerous than bungee jumping....

--------------------
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream by night

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 13 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Well I'm off on Saturday and I'm not sure I'll be able to get on here to post during my trip but if anyone is friends with me on Facebook I intend to post pictures there. I'll try and get on here as and when I can.

I hope nothing serious happens while I'm away......although thinking about it recently most serious stuff has happened to me so I REALLY hope nothing serious happens while I'm away laugh.gif

Ciao! wink.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Poppa Moo
post Jan 13 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #8

Group:
Member No.: 15,522

Hope you have a great time pixie. Flying business or club class is sweet, you get the chairs with proper leg room, and if it's a long haul flight (depending on airline) you might get a seat that converts to a bed!!! The last time I went abroad was to Vegas and they tried upgrading us to business, it would've only cost us an extra 1350... ONLY? Damn, i wish I could've afforded it!

But seriously, back to you (after all that's what this threads about), i really hope you enjoy yourself and come back and tell all cos I really love feeling jealous! lol

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Jan 15 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Poppa Moo @ Jan 13 2009, 09:11 PM) *
But seriously, back to you (after all that's what this threads about), i really hope you enjoy yourself and come back and tell all cos I really love feeling jealous! lol

Thanks smile.gif I fully intend to and in glorious technicolour so you can all feel jealous laugh.gif

--------------------
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:59 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!