Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tony Hart has died
Mata
post Jan 18 2009, 03:10 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

He was a real inspiration to me when I was young. He was a man who loved art and enjoyed himself. He made growing up not seem so bad - if you could be his age and still love being creative it meant that adult life couldn't all be boring.

I think it was watching Morph, with it's cheap production values, that inspired me to get into animation. It showed me that you didn't have to have amazing skills to be able to produce something that others could enjoy, you just had to have a bit of heart in it (no pun intended). From this, you could say that his inspiration planted a lot of the seeds of who I am today.

A sad loss for us all, and my thoughts are with his family, but his sense of fun and his influence most certainly won't be forgotten.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 18 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #2

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

A fitting tribute there, Mata. He was a great man and a childhood hero to many.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jan 18 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #3

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Thanks for fixing the topic title, although 'Toy Hart' seems somehow fitting for such a fun person!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 18 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #4

Light On The Surface

Ha! I was in two minds about whether or not to fix it for much the same reason.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 18 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #5

Light On The Surface

One of my colleagues has had a moment of genius and put the theme music from The Gallery on his computer. It's got us all swaying gently. A very relaxing piece of music, and perfect for viewing the pictures sent in by the young viewers of Vision On or Take Hart, with Tony's gently earnest but caring voice over the top.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jan 18 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

It is indeed a great loss but I have to say for some reason the Gallery always drove me nuts, loved the rest of the program but never like that bit.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Faerieryn
post Jan 18 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #7

Faeries don't bite we just nibble a bit!

Member No.: 535

Tony Hart made me want to be good at art. I am rubbish but he made me want to try. Matt was bought a make your own morph kit for xmas this year. I guess he'll have to make a tribute!

--------------------
If life hands you a lemon make lemonade, lace it with cyanide and then pass it around. What can I say I'm a revenge type of gal!!! Ryn
Wearing a large shiny tag around neck "Uncullable Faerie"
Official S P A N G L E R and self proclaimed protector of Tribe Wyvern- OOh Sparkly!!
Proud leader of the Super Spangler Squad. Me and Stardust wil spangle your a$$!!

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jan 18 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #8

Wait for the uprising

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,735

I had a bit of a cry about this earlier, and was considering making a thread. It is quite sad to realise that people from my childhood are also getting old as I age- and that they won't be around to be revered for their contribution to the growing up of so many people.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jan 18 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #9

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

Best wishes to him and his family but I think his legacy is that there are generations of artist who were inspored by him and that's a big impact to have made in life. I heard the news while at the radio today, a big shame, I think I shall get my pressie project (a Make Your Own Morph as Ryn mentioned) underway sooner and make a Morph in his honour.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jan 19 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #10

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

This is indeed sad news. Tony Hart was one of those guys I always used to watch on the telly as a young sproglet and he, as some have already said, encouraged me to try being arty. Unfortunately, it turned out I don't have much of an artistic bent, the only thing I ever produced of any artistic merit being a fish painting - took me blimmin' ages to finish and I was dead proud of it. I nearly sent it in to be on the Gallery, but had a change of heart when I realised I'd never get it back if I did.

I used to enjoy watching Morph as well. He got more entertaining with the introduction of Chas (who I always thought was funnier). And the Gallery theme is just luvverly. But I never understood why they got that other bloke in, the one who's been in other programs but for some reason I only remember from "Lovejoy". He just annoyed the crap out of me and made me not want to watch it. Luckily, he didn't last long.

Ah, happy days. I wonder if my own little ones will have such fond memories of the likes of Neil Buchanan or Mark Speight?

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
DarkInferno
post Jan 28 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #11

Serpents hide behind your eyes

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 346

Just found out due to this thread....

I need to make my morph a little black tie.

<=- rather sad.

--------------------

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is mearly energy condensed through a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, life is only a dream and we are the imaginations of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.
- Bill Hicks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 05:34 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!