Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Film View, Your Opinion
Rubium
post Jan 26 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 15,526

To begin with sorry if this isn't the sort of thing that is sought after in this forum, but I wanted a general opinion and here seemed like a good place to ask.

As I said in another thread somewhere in this forum I'm an independent film-maker, and my latest one has just been completed, And I wanted to ask the opinion of the forum on my "project". You tube sadly is being fussy so the whole film isn't up but I was able to upload two segments, that follow each other:

First:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llDzIQVvDXQ...re=channel_page

second:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSPuhX76uNI...re=channel_page

creative input would be very much appreciated. again apologies if this isnt the sort of thing this forum is interested in I just wanted to keep my finger on the pulse.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jan 27 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #2

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

Sadly, my work computer is not a suitable device for viewing your offerings, but I want to assure you that, yes, this is exactly the kind of thing we like to see in the Creations forum. I'll try and find an opportunity to have a gander on a different 'puter (no sound on this one - feh...) and give you my feedback later.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jan 27 2009, 01:20 PM
Post #3

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Member No.: 1,379

Interesting... crazy painted person is intriguing if not a little monotone... get it... ?? er... and Happy Together is just popping up randomly all over in my life at the mo and as I like it so much I say well done.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Rubium
post Jan 27 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #4

Super advanced member

Thanks biggrin.gif , the complete film is around 30 minutes long and took nearly 7 months to complete. I just wish i'd had longer so that I could fix some of the errors at the beginning of it sad.gif still I think its considerably better than the project i'd done before that. I cant believe its still circulating around (I gave a couple of DVD copies of it to some friends and im getting emails from as far as Atlanta (i'm in England) from people who've seen the film via the DVD and want to know more. huh.gif

Its a little confusing to say the least. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jan 28 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #5

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Slow burn can be good. Odd watching though, still being quite new you could tell you were in the UK, there's a feel/look to it or familiarity (being in the UK myself).
Are these snippets of the final cut or are further tweaks possible? Just after what you said about wishing you could change a couple of bits.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Rubium
post Jan 28 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #6

Super advanced member

Its the final cut, I had to finish the entire product for December 16th and I spent the entire night of the 15th editing and burning copies to DVD,the original masters still exist in a mixture of DV, 8mm video film and SD MC, but when I edit I enter my own little world, I cant really explain what I feel when I edit but if I tried to edit them again the output would be rather bland in comparison to the current cut with the errors.

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Jan 29 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #7

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Well you live and learn, it's all in the process.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Jan 29 2009, 01:35 PM
Post #8

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Only the first link worked for me so I think I only got a taste of it, seems to be an interesting idea but I'm not sure I could get to much of a feel for it from that one section.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Rubium
post Jan 29 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Super advanced member

You tube removed the second section of it. sad.gif

Shame, but I suppose it was bound to have happened, at least my other videos are still up and working. happy.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 02:49 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!