Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three minute funeral plan
Mata
post May 23 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #1

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

You've got three minutes to plan your funeral. Go!

Here's mine:

No lilies, cardboard box not a coffin, play 'My Kingdom' by FSOL (I'll accept the radio edit not the 11 minute mix), and everyone has to chip in £20 for a free bar all night. Sorted.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 23 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

Willow casket (eco friendly, but prettier than carboard), open casket so I can wear my "You have died of dysentery" t-shirt, eulogy that makes people laugh instead of cry, someone must update my Facebook status to "Candice is haunting you."

And if whoever delivers the eulogy pronounces my name as "Candeeeeeeese," I will be haunting people. Consider yourselves warned.

Oh, and I'd prefer to be buried in a green cemetery. I'm not fussed about the flower arrangements at the funeral. I had a song in mind, but can't remember what it was at the moment. Oh, it might have been Birdhouse in Your Soul. I know it was something cheerful and not at all to do with death. Looking through my I-Tunes to make sure will take more than 3 minutes, so I'll go with that. No hymns.

...I'm not a fan of depressing funerals. Never would have guessed, eh? I don't mind if anyone cries (goodness knows I can't help myself from doing so at funerals), but I'd rather try to make them laugh and celebrate my life instead of mourning my death.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Daria
post May 23 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #3

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Maaan. Once, when I was working at the funeral home and was bored, I planned the most expensive funeral EVER.

Ok, so here we go: I want to be burried in a box on a hill with a twisted willow planted beside the grave. Flowers are optional, but no wreaths. I want Clair De Lune playing, and for everyone to cry a lot.

CRY, DAMN YOU, CRY!

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post May 23 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Bury me whole, children aren't allowed to bring colouring things or be distracting, not fussed where I'm buried, if I'm not blowing my own horn too much then I'd like In Paradisum from Fauré's Requiem (but perhaps that's too cheesy/too large a piece for just me), and after there can be a lovely classical concert. And no crying, people can cry in the privacy of their own homes if they so wish.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Moosh
post May 23 2009, 03:51 PM
Post #5

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 1,488

Stick my body on top of a big pile of wood next to a river. Set it on fire and when it's all burned push what's left into the water. In India, obviously, you're not allowed to do that kind of thing here.

--------------------
QUOTE (Peter Griffin)
Math, my dear boy, is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post May 23 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Not against the idea of being toasted but if not I'd probably go for the cardboard box idea. If I do get cremated I'd want to be chucked off a cliff somewhere stunning (sea or mountain cliff either good). I just like the idea of floating on the wind somewhere amazing. I think I'd go for Dance Macarbre (sp?) to be played the idea just appeals being about death but up beat at the same time.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post May 23 2009, 04:52 PM
Post #7

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Animal Collective's 'Fireworks' playing, Ghanaian/most-of-the-third-world-style funeral where everyone is allowed to scream or cry or stare blankly--basically grieve/not grieve however they want--and then get wasted and have a huge dance party. It's how funerals should be, dogg. Don't really care how I get disposed of (carpet in the East River?) but I want all my leftover nonsense (organs that are still in OK shape, so probably not liver--sorry, liver!) goin to people who can use em. I really like the idea of someone walking around with my eyes, for example. OH and I want to make ridiculous stipulations in my will. Like everyone who receives something from me has to get paired up with a stranger and be pen pals for a month, or has to take a trip somewhere with some of the money they get. Or give a Kiva loan, or write a letter to the president.

I suppose I'd better make sure I have enough money to leave anything for anybody.

OH OH and I want to haunt people. Maybe. Actually not. I want to go to another planet where everyone zooms around in beams of energy and communicates through manipulations of wavelengths and appreciates beauty and I can stick my feet in a stream at the same time as wandering an immense and complicated and stunning library. Basically live physically inside my own head. That would be dope.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post May 23 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #8

Lord of the Keys

PS was anyone else incredibly energized and made happy and excited by planning their own funeral? o.O, maybe I should get m'self checked out. I just like thinking about how I could use something sad, like 'oh no I am dead' to make other people REALLY happy for frivolous reasons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post May 23 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #9

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

OKAY

I don't care what I'm buried in or if I'm burried, seriously. If you spend major $$$ on what you burry me in, though, I'll come back and haunt you, and not in a casper-the-friendly-ghost way. I want to play either Let it Be by the Beatles or One Chance by Modest Mouse. You do not under any circumstances have to dress up for my funeral, and wearing pajamas in encouraged. I want there to be a huge party after the funeral where everyone cracks jokes and tells funny stories, instead of mourning. I want my tombstone (if I have one) to say something funny, no Hymns and no prayers.
Oh! And Irises. I love Irises.
And my organs shall be donated.

The end.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post May 23 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #10

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

No dress code. And I don't want good songs to be tainted by my death! And Mata's free bar idea is a good one, I'll have that too.

QUOTE (candice @ May 23 2009, 04:00 PM) *
...I'm not a fan of depressing funerals.
huh.gif I don't think theres any way round that. Whatever awesomeness you plan for it theres still gonna be a bit of a "your loved one is dead" vibe to it...

QUOTE (I_am_the_best @ May 23 2009, 04:16 PM) *
children aren't allowed to bring colouring things
That's a bit harsh. At my funeral all the children should be given some nice colouring books (possibly about death). No need to ruin their day as well!

And no crying, people can cry in the privacy of their own homes if they so wish.
Haha, the thought of people crying at a funeral and being told to go home is quite amusing smile.gif

QUOTE (elphaba2 @ May 23 2009, 05:52 PM) *
OH and I want to make ridiculous stipulations in my will. Like everyone who receives something from me has to get paired up with a stranger and be pen pals for a month, or has to take a trip somewhere with some of the money they get. Or give a Kiva loan, or write a letter to the president.
Yes! this is an amazing idea. Also someone has to be forced to stay a night in a haunted house. biggrin.gif

As for my remains, recycle the organs and launch the unwanted bits into space please.

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Yannick
post May 23 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #11

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

Ready, can do this in 10 seconds.

Give everyone enough time to say their goodbyes, burn me, and use me as fertilizer to plant some awesome tree, and make sure that tree never gets destroyed. Decorate the surroundings of that tree with flowers and pretty stones and whatever as long as it looks nice once it grows.

*edit* I like the idea of being launched into space more. Can we put me in a casket and do that instead? Put a music thing on it that is powered by solar power or movement or something, so it can play my favorite music forever.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post May 23 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #12

Lord of the Keys

Does anyone else think it is kind of creepy that even though we are designed to gently decay into the earth over time (and have done so comfortably for centuries) we now set aside special areas and pump corpses full of chemicals and plop them in steel boxes so they'll never really rot? I wanna rot, but it's illegal! Why is it illegal to let me rot, society?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post May 23 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #13

I've been brainwashed

Yeh, I agree with the wanting to rot thing.

Oooo! I remebered something else I liked the idea of. It was a random thing in a tv show or something where they'd mixed the ashes up with whatever and turn them into the lead for pencils they gave to the guests at the funeral. I like the being turned into a dimond thing as well but the was something about the pencils that apealed more.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 23 2009, 11:29 PM
Post #14

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

2 a.m. Chain my feet to cement blocks and throw me in the ocean making it look like a mob hit. No music because it might alert the cops.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 23 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #15

Well, I guess that would help the coroner work out cause of death... smile.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 24 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #16

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (crazymat @ May 23 2009, 09:09 PM) *
I don't think theres any way round that. Whatever awesomeness you plan for it theres still gonna be a bit of a "your loved one is dead" vibe to it...

Eh, I've been to a lot of funerals. There's always going to be an air of sadness, but some really are much more depressing than others. I'm always sad when I attend them, of course, but the extra-somber ones generally end up making me feel worse. I prefer the type where people share funny stories about the deceased person. It makes you miss them, sure, but it also makes you at least crack a smile. That's what I meant by the idea of a non-depressing funeral.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post May 24 2009, 02:54 AM
Post #17

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

Dump my ashes in the Kamo River, play Rhythm is a Dancer, and ensure that someone is paid off to pronounce Candice's name 'Candeeeeeeeeeeese' at her funeral, so I can have a good laugh in the afterlife.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 24 2009, 05:04 AM
Post #18

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Mata @ May 23 2009, 04:51 PM) *
Well, I guess that would help the coroner work out cause of death... smile.gif

It's my funeral though, so I'd already be dead when they threw my body in the ocean. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (syuu @ May 23 2009, 07:54 PM) *
Dump my ashes in the Kamo River, play Rhythm is a Dancer, and ensure that someone is paid off to pronounce Candice's name 'Candeeeeeeeeeeese' at her funeral, so I can have a good laugh in the afterlife.

I'll do it, though this does have to rest on that first Cand outlives you, and second I outlive you both. haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post May 24 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #19

Candbrush Threepwood

Note to self: must find someone to wear a Jason>Kiefer shirt to Lo's funeral.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post May 24 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #20

I've been brainwashed

Sorry cant do it Cand being a payed up memeber of the Kiefer>Jason Club and all, even though I will obviously out live the lot of you! Mwahahar! tongue.gif

Oh! To be back towards the topic you can only use my pencils for nice stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post May 24 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #21

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (candice @ May 24 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Note to self: must find someone to wear a Jason>Kiefer shirt to Lo's funeral.

It might have to be glow in the dark for anyone to see it at my funeral. haha

--------------------

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post May 24 2009, 07:44 PM
Post #22

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

A friend of mine and I played this game awhile ago (how morbid is that, right?) and this is what she said:

"Cremate me, instead of a funeral I want you guys to just hang out like nothing happened, share some stories, and get on with your lives. The only thing I ask is that if anyone close to me travels somewhere interesting, take a bit of my ashes and spread them there. I want to go all over the world."

Which I thought was brilliant.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post May 24 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #23

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

I always liked the idea of the container not actually being there for my funeral. Let the medical students have it as a cadaver. They've got to learn somehow, eh? Aparently they give the bits a memorial service afterwards.
Family and friends could have a wake or memorial service if they were keen. A funeral I attended a couple years ago had a photo montage and stories about the deceased that told about her life. Almost a 'speaker for the dead' style of thing. It was really quite moving / healing. After people could get up to share stories if they were keen. Some did. Afterwards the husband had a bunch of the friends and family come to the house for a house party? wake? shiva? thing.
Sorry. No more ideas. Donating to non-terrorist causes in my name might be a nice touch.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
oxym0ronical
post May 25 2009, 03:20 AM
Post #24

badfish

Member No.: 139

This is kinda lengthy but in actuality it took me less than three minutes to plan tongue.gif

I want to donate any and all organs that are still useful. Then I want to be cremated, with my ashes divided into four parts.
  • The first part, I want spread in the ocean somewhere.
  • The second part, I want spread in the mountains near where I grew up.
  • The third part, I want spread by the lake on the ranch where I lived when I was much younger (my most fond childhood memories are from there).
  • And finally, the fourth part should be placed in urn that can stay wherever my headstone is - I wouldn't bother with this part, but it really upsets my family that I want to be cremated, because there's nowhere they can go to 'visit'. And, really, once I'm dead, I won't care so if it comforts them, I'm all for it.

I don't want a long, drawn out funeral. I don't want a lot of people there, because in life, I am a very private person. But, I do want a couple people who knew me best to share some good stories with everyone. I want my friends and family to get together and celebrate life. And, at the end, right as everyone is leaving, I want Another One Bites The Dust played - much to my mom's dismay biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mata
post May 26 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #25

Good choice of final song biggrin.gif Although it should then be followed by a recorded message saying 'Did you notice that the cakes were a little bit gritty? And that the ashes seem a little lighter than you were expecting...' They say we live on in those who loved us, so why not take it to the next step!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 03:09 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!