IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skinny? Curvy? In Between?
Skinny? Curvy? In between?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
craziness
post Jul 9 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #1

crazi

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 20

Sorry this is not really relevant to matazone, just something I have been thinking about a lot lately, so I'm posting it in the daft section. I can't post the images in the thread because it's a poll so I will post the URL's and put them up in the next post.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/04/...__470x393,0.jpg
Vote on the poll and say which of these girl's you prefer.

Lately I've been thinking about this a lot, because I keep hearing about Megan Fox everywhere. She has been voted the sexiest woman in the world by FHM and she's on the cover of tons of magazines. I hear of many my straight male and lesbian female friends raving about her constantly.
http://www.meganfoxy.com/gallery/gq-outtak..._outtakes01.jpg

However, I find Megan Fox's popularity extremely disturbing. I think she looks anorexic!!! It disgusts me that she is being named the sexiest woman alive when in fact.... she looks extremely unhealthy! I don't know why, because I have been exposed to the media and tiny thin women all of my life, but for some reason her extreme popularity has really upset me. It frightens me!
Please share your thoughts/opinions about the most attractive body types for women in your eyes and what you think about Megan Fox.

--------------------
Love is real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Jul 9 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #2

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

Okay, so she's definitely skinny. I had to google to figure out who she was, but pretty hot, I wouldn't say no. Appearance wise anyway, she could be a total b*tch.

And the chick in the middle. But I'd go for the one on the right before the one all to way to the left.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
SPEAKERfortheLOS...
post Jul 9 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Transdimensional Traveler

Member No.: 1,244

Ok, so I have to ask for someone else to verify that what I'm seeing is true...

I look at the girl on the left and the first thing that I see is that she has been Photoshopped and then I see that the other two have been as well... I don't know if its the low grade monitor that I'm looking through right now, but with the (assumed) knowledge that the picture of the girls has been altered I really can't judge how thin Megan Fox really is...

I'll look at it later from my home computer, which has a much better monitor, but does anyone else see that too?

--------------------
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though offtimes better than master of one.

Carpe Noctem, pro cras nos necemus
Carpe Diem, pro hodie nos mutiamo

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 9 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The one in the middle definitely is the sexiest, though I probably wouldn't object to any of them as long as they had a healthy body image about themselves. There's nothing less sexy than a person who is constantly thinking that they should look some other way - people put a lot of effort into worrying about that kind of thing, and (to be a bit brutal about this) they could spend that same energy a lot more productively changing their shape or learning to accept themselves the way they are. You're only in your body once, either accept it or do something about it, and if what you're doing doesn't work then try something else, but make sure you feel good about yourself for making the effort. Being down on yourself constantly doesn't help you or anyone around you.

Regarding Megan Fox - she looks quite toned in the first Transformers movie, but in that photo (and I suspect generally since that film) she has lost further weight. I voted on the back of the first film because I've not seen her in anything else. That seems to happen to major female actors in Hollywood over a period of time. Angelina Jolie used to be incredibly sexy but now looks disturbingly wiry - she was great in Hackers, and even the Tomb Raider films showed her as buff and fit, but she seems to lose that muscle when it's not required and it looks unhealthily slim.

Is Fox hot? Yes, I guess so, but she's too young for my tastes these days, so that's more of an academic 'yes, I can see that she's hot' rather than a 'phwoar!'.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 9 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #5

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

And Speaker: yes, the photoshopping is a bit distracting isn't it? The girl in the middle's boobs look too large for her frame, and the girl on the right's head shape doesn't match her body (it would be rounder, and possibly with a thicker neck). The one on the left is probably the actual natural figure. I've seen a lot slimmer, and her level of slimness doesn't bother me because she looks reasonably healthy on it.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 9 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

To look at, I prefer the curvier (is that a word) one. It could have something to do with her expression/hair and so on, but she's much nicer to look at. It's fair to assume that there's a significant amount of air brushing gone on there, but I'm not here to analyse the picture.

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
elphaba2
post Jul 10 2009, 12:20 AM
Post #7

Lord of the Keys

Member No.: 1,329

Dear everybody,

Can 'curvy' go back to being what it used to be and not an uncomfortable synonym for 'plus-size' or 'fat'? Thanks!

Love Amy

I'd tap any of em. Why? Because they are pretty models. I do not know who Megan Fox is and don't particularly care to know! I wish actresses didn't feel pressure to be unhealthily thin and treated themselves better, thus teaching other girls to treat themselves well. I wish the country that I live in behaved itself more around food and eating and didn't designate them as things to be guilty about! I wish it was easier for poor people to eat good food! I wish I wish I wish man I totally wish that people didn't hang onto unhealthy views about their bodies and instead loved healthy delicious food and exercise and being kind to others.

I also wish I could fly. Next year, maybe.

--------------------
can I kiss your dopamine?
In a way I wonder if she's living in a magazine

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 10 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #8

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

What elphaba said, almost word for word.

Except I don't wish I could fly. Heights are scary.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
craziness
post Jul 10 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #9

crazi

Member No.: 20

I don't really notice the photoshopping in those pictures, to me they look real, but I would easily believe that any picture on the internet has been photoshopped. However, SPS makes a good point: photoshopped or not, the pics are just kind of a reference point and I put them up to start a conversation. To me, all 3 women look healthy and happy. They all seem like they are within the range of a healthy weight for their frames. I know people with bodies like all 3 of the girls, I even know girls as thin as the one in the middle with boobs that large. I definitely look most like the girl on the right, and I eat healthily and exercise 5 times a week. What terrifies me is that in hollywood, that girl is considered 'fat' and would be viewed as someone who needs to go on a serious diet and lose 30 lb. It's really frightening that in order to be voted 'sexiest woman alive' you have to be anorexic and have breast implants (no woman with that many ribs sticking out that far would have enough extra fat to equate to breasts that large.)

Angelina Jolie used to be incredibly sexy but now looks disturbingly wiry - she was great in Hackers, and even the Tomb Raider films showed her as buff and fit, but she seems to lose that muscle when it's not required and it looks unhealthily slim.

I agree with you completely, Mata.

look at angelina in the first 2 pictures

compared to the way she looks now.

She was way sexier back when she was in shape and not starving herself.

although i think kim kardashian's a total idiot, i'd much rather see her named sexiest woman alive than that twig megan fox.
you can see she has some meat on her but looks very toned and in shape.

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 10 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #10

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Christ, is that Megan Fox getting out of the pool? If that's her, then I want to know who's voting. Seriously, did they choose a panel of people who all prefer their women to look like her? She's not even attractive! She's waaaaay too thin, her face is too pointy, her eyes look cold, and I don't even know where to start with those breasts - they don't appear to be on speaking terms, do they?! laugh.gif No, if I saw her out on the street, she'd not get a second glance off me.

In my opinion, women should be gloriously soft, cushiony bundles of loveliness. Which requires curves and such. On the 3 girl picture, I'd definitely prefer the woman on the right. I'd consider the one in the middle. The one on the left would have to have some other startling attribute before I'd consider her. Heh, even when I'm being Shallow Leo, I still think about personality traits...

Crazi, embrace your curves!

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Jul 10 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #11

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

I prefer 2 followed by 3. 3 has a prettier smile in the photo but she has a huge left arm.

1 looks pretty bad due to her disturbingly thin arms and legs.

Megan Fox is not the sexiest woman alive and men's/women's magazines are full of crap.</statingtheobvious>

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Mar 12 2010, 11:22 PM
Post #12

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

iiii..am curvy. not fat, not thin, in the middle. due to very lucky genetics, i seem to have a basic hourglass figure - obvious waist, obvious breasts, obvious butt. i've found that, even for my height, if i get down to the low 120s-110s-100s, i look terrible. gaunt, sick, pale, twiggy, just awful. some people just really aren't meant to be terribly thin - nadine cole of girls aloud is a wonderful example.

here she is, looking normal:

here she is in LA:

my personal preference for a woman's body is around the first image. likewise, spoon informed me that at one point during a woman's ovulation cycle, she prefers masculine men, whereas the rest of the month, more feminine men. food for thought!

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Mar 13 2010, 01:45 AM
Post #13

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

Hooray old threads! (that I haven't seen before)

My answer would be all three, should I be so lucky. Not at once or anything, I'm not quite that chauvinistic, but none of them are anywhere near unattractive, and comparing three very different women doesn't really compute in my head; they're all very sexy indeed.

As for the (un)aptly named Fox, personally I don't see it. The photo above is unfortunate, to be fair, but she's a bad example of the worst of hollywood hypersexualisation. It might not be so bad if she were a talented actress, but her looks aren't anything special. Give me Salma Hayek, Rachael Weiss or Felicia Day any, er, day...

And yay! for curvy ladies in general, means there's more to love smile.gif

P.S. @ Mata: Watched Hackers recently? A.J. is a total cheeseboard in that movie, so not like her sexy self. And she actually had to be "enhanced" for Tomb Raider since she's not a natural DD. Don't ask me how I know this. I do, however, agree, she lacks something when she's lost weight. Possibly it doesn't go with her massive lips?

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Mar 13 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #14

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

So i lied on the poll because I thought we were saying our size - and I'm certainly thin. However, from the picture, I definently prefer the lady on the furtherest right. Curvy = sexy.

However, Megan Fox is very, very attractive to me. But she could defienently use a few more pounds on her. Overall, I think her facial features are what's the most attractive. Her skinny-ness lowers her overall attractiveness.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Mar 13 2010, 03:14 AM
Post #15

I was looking back at the pictures, and my answer is almost the same. I'd prefer someone between the one in the middle and the far right.

Also, I was watching Friends earlier, and Monica was looking pretty hot. It was the episode when Rachel was saying her goodbyes before leaving for Paris. She's definitely not one of my favorite characters...but cute (in the later episodes).

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
Daria
post Mar 13 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #16

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

They each have terrifying cheekbones ph34r.gif

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Mar 13 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #17

suggestive cupcake

Rachel was so much cuter in the beginning..

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
I_am_the_best
post Mar 14 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #18

Dirty Laundry

Member No.: 1,573

Someone inbetween the middle and the left one. Actually, if the one on the left wasn't so bizarrely photoshopped, in a crazy pose and didn't have such an ugly face then I'd probably go for her. It's all very well being glad to have curves to be a healthy weight but... there's something very pretty about being small and delicate. I think that the one on the right is really quite overweight, to the detriment of her looks.

And yes, Megan fox is a hottie. Mmhm.

--------------------
Emma <3 James <3
"Music is a moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order, and leads to all that is good, just and beautiful, of which it is the invisible, but nevertheless dazzling, passionate, and eternal form." - Plato

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Mar 14 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #19

suggestive cupcake

whatever hot m-fox ever had has been ruined by her entitled personality.
i'm about to get significantly more curvy after the eight ounces of beef i just consumed. seeing as i rarely eat meat after going non-veggie again, i feel sick. very..very sick.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
michael1384
post Mar 21 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #20

^ For gods sake kill it!

Member No.: 2,134

Visible rib-bones are not sexy. Megan Fox is overrated. As for the picture, somewhere between 2 and 3.

--------------------
I have Facebook
click here, here or here to improve my city.
free cookies!
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, put this in your sig.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination.
It's not my bunny, I got it somewhere else.

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Jun 29 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #21

A friend and I have been savagely debating this. This seemed like a good thread to get some input. Who's hotter, Nancy or Lauren? (Personally, Lauren by far.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Jun 29 2010, 05:59 AM
Post #22

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

I like 'em both! I like the first girl's face better but she needs some sandwiches.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
voices_in_my_hea...
post Jun 29 2010, 06:12 AM
Post #23

If my woman were a fire...

Member No.: 1,473

Eugh, the second one wins on body but I am not digging the face. Which sounds horribly stuck up, I realise. It's something about her cheekbones.

I honestly don't understand why so many people assume guys want skinny-skinny girls. My best friend is a very curvy woman - not fat by any means, just in general a "big" girl. Big hips, Big breast, and a wide figure. But not fat.

And she thinks the guys are always looking at me. Pffft.

--------------------
Her dignity shone so bright like a light on a hill
and she burned for me, no other man came near her flame.
Bad country songs - the deafening twang of the rich white kid blues.
You can own the strange, but the lights and glares will not make you real.

+Quote Post
Daria
post Jun 29 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #24

Wait for the uprising

Member No.: 1,735

Neither of them are curvy, one just has bigger breasts.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 29 2010, 10:22 AM
Post #25

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (syuu @ Mar 13 2010, 12:22 AM) *
iiii..am curvy. not fat, not thin, in the middle. due to very lucky genetics, i seem to have a basic hourglass figure - obvious waist, obvious breasts, obvious butt.

Aahh... every time you say something like this, a piece of me wants to see you even more!

But getting back on track, Daria is right. The second one (Lauren or Nancy? I don't know) is just a bit better endowed, but still skinny. And she has a hard face. The first one is cuter, in an Anne Hathaway sort of way. But I'd not choose either, both are too thin.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 09:07 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!