IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ohh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...
Daria
post Dec 8 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Wait for the uprising

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,735

My housemate was going on and on about getting a real Christmas tree this year. When the day came that my friend and I were free to get it with him, he changed his mind and said he didn't want one. Well, my friend and I went to the place anyway, looking for holly and mistletoe. They didn't have any, but they did have free branches- so I made our Christmas tree happy.gif

Have you got yours up yet? What does it look like?

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 9 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #2

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

If I had a penis, I'd write: I have wood. Up -for you. But I don't have a penis. Nor do I have anything up.

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Dec 9 2009, 03:43 AM
Post #3

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Yeah, I'll take a picture when I'm back home. There's a giant, ceiling-high, too-wide-to-put-my-arms-around tree up.

...I'm Jewish, as is our family. My dad's girlfriend is Catholic and decided to get a bigger tree this year (we usually have like a 5 foot one, and by that I mean since she has been around, before that we had no tree). ANYWAY, we decorated it while I was home for thanksgiving break. This is early for a tree, but I'm not going to be home until Dec 18th, and Chanukah is pretty much over by then. Our tree is semi-Jewish since there's a HAPPY HANNUKAH banner on it. We also tied twine to dreidels and hung them as ornaments. It looks awesome.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 9 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Oo! It's like a 2D Christmas tree for people with limited space. I like it!

I've not put my one up at home yet. Sues is moving out on Friday so I'll probably put it up after she's gone. It was her birthday yesterday so we never put the tree up before then, and there's no great hurry. I do like putting the tree up - all of the decorations are different and I get a new one each year. smile.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Dec 12 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #5

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

Meh. I wasn't going to put one up this year, but we were shopping and I wanted a t-shirt, so my mom said she'd buy it if I put the Christmas tree up. I'll take pics if it doesn't look terrible.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Dec 13 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

We stopped have an xmas tree a few years ago when even though both my brother and dad wanted one up it was left to me to put it up and take it down, even though I was already doing the most to help mum sort stuff out for xmas. Now we just have mini tree's or ornamenty type ones.

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Yannick
post Dec 15 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #7

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 12,759

Tree. Santa. Cool ornament I found. Cat.

--------------------
Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics: You are all stardust. You couldnít be here if stars hadnít exploded, because the elements - the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution and for life - werenít created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars, and the only way for them to get into your body is if those stars were kind enough to explode. So, forget God. The stars died so that you could be here today. ~Lawrence Krauss

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 15 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #8

That's a lot of sparkles!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Dec 15 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #9

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Bah humbug! tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Seriously though, I'm not doing decorations this year as I have no space for a tree and I'm probably only going to be home over Xmas for about 5 days so it seems pointless. I can enjoy other peoples smile.gif My friend bought me a cardboard tree to decorate and that's hanging from my lamp but apart from that I doubt I'll have the time and or energy or Xmas spirit to be honest. Xmas is not always a happy time for me. Hope I feel Xmassy at some point though smile.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 19 2009, 01:11 AM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

We couldn't find our tree, so we put this weird Santa up and I put a palm tree on a present. I feel so festive! laugh.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Dec 19 2009, 11:20 AM
Post #11

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

LoLo, that's awesome. Xmas trees are overrated anyway tongue.gif

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Smiler
post Dec 21 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #12

Ooga Booga!! SMILE!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,379

QUOTE (gothictheysay @ Dec 9 2009, 03:43 AM) *
Our tree is semi-Jewish since there's a HAPPY HANNUKAH banner on it. We also tied twine to dreidels and hung them as ornaments. It looks awesome.

Love the hybridisation although never have been quite sure how pine trees and santa fit in with bubba J anyway wink.gif

Anyway... we put ours up yesterday and I know that by the time I'm home at least two of the lower lying baubles will be cat toys strewn about the floor dry.gif We bought a load of random baubles a few years ago that we add to every now and again - very funky.

--------------------
Presently defacto leader of the scuttler nation; conform, consume, o'smile for snaffie's sake --> A smile a day keeps th...Ah sod it...just SMILE!!!Some weird dragon lady gave me a cookie and said if I got in the van she'd adopt me. I ignored mummy and went with Wyvern & lookee here, I now have my own adoptee to cause chaos: Stardust_Smile...Official barman to Tribe Wyvern COME VISIT but beware the Monkey Overlords, they plan the demise of the hairless ones. Your house is at risk. Always read the label.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 21 2009, 01:44 PM
Post #13

On the day that Baby J was born, Christmas trees sprouted in the living rooms of every house in Bethlehem, so that's why we do it now. Obviously unsure.gif

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Dec 21 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #14

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Mata @ Dec 21 2009, 05:44 AM) *
On the day that Baby J was born, Christmas trees sprouted in the living rooms of every house in Bethlehem, so that's why we do it now. Obviously unsure.gif

Especially pine trees, because I'm sure they're very common in Bethlehem.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Dec 21 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #15

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

QUOTE (LoLo @ Dec 19 2009, 01:11 AM) *
We couldn't find our tree, so we put this weird Santa up and I put a palm tree on a present. I feel so festive! laugh.gif

That palm tree reminds me of the types you can get for lego, and now I'm all OMDOMDOMD Lego Christmas Tree!

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Dec 24 2009, 01:33 AM
Post #16

Behold the tree of random decorations!

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 05:53 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!