> Storytime!
Pikasyuu
post Feb 6 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #1

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

So, this is kind of a loose concept.
The forums have been less active than they were in 2003-2008, and we've had a few new members that don't have an opportunity to post as much and/or don't come into irc, which is where a lot of the socializing/getting to know you activities happen. (/server dfx.at + #burrito, jsyk)
So I was wondering - say you meet someone and you get one opportunity to translate who you are to them with a story from your life. Which one would you tell? Why? Could you tell it here so the rest of us can munch popcorn and enjoy your tales of woe and triumph?

Go go gadget introspect, Matazone~

ETA: or 283798349 (max) stories because this is a whole thread and i love stories. stop reading the rules, half of you have cursed in posts and yet you listen to me!? bah humbug etc. :P

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Daria
post Feb 15 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #2

Wait for the uprising

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,735

Night Skating

You probably all know the prelude to this story, but in case you don't:
I first met Wytu at Snoo's 21st birthday pub crawl in Norwich in July 2006, with Novander and a couple of other friends. We talked online afterwards, and he was an invaluable friend to me when I moved to Paris and didn't have many friends I could be close with. We started seeing each other when he came to my mum's house with me after I came back from Paris, to go to a gig in late October 2006.
I wasn't happy when I was living in Paris, I wasn't happy when I moved back in with my mum in the countryside. Wytu was, really, my only source of happiness and I would work in a café 12 miles from home during the week to then get a bus to the train station on a Friday, a train to London, and spend all my wages over the weekend to come back to work on a Tuesday. Full of exploring the city, wandering about, eating strawberry laces and making funny faces, these weekends would be a break from feeling stressed and isolated at my mum's house.

It was December, and I was in love. We hadn't mentioned the L-word yet, although I told him that I liked him 2.0 (because it was lessthanthree) and I wanted to tell him I loved him when the time felt right. In London there were temporary ice rinks going up for the festive season. I booked us tickets for the one outside of the Natural History museum on a Friday evening. The Friday came, I finished work earlier than usual, got the bus then train, got to Liverpool street, got to Mile End, walked to his house, met him, kissed him, knew it was the right time. We got ready, and headed out to the museum.

The rink was surrounded by trees covered in fairy lights and there was a stall selling mulled wine, the smell wafting across the square. The moon was full, christmas songs by old crooners playing on the sound system and the slice-slice sound of skates on ice being punctuated by laughter and squeals when someone slipped.
We skated around for a bit, doing circuits that turned into a spiral getting closer and closer to the centre until we were in the middle of everyone orbiting us. Standing face to face, slightly wobbly on skates, I looked at Wytu. He looked at me and smiled. I told him I loved him.

--------------------
We are unraveling our navels so that we may ingest the sun.

DARIA IZ GOOD ON TOAST

TOAST IZ GOOD ON DARIA
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Pikasyuu   Storytime!   Feb 6 2011, 08:45 PM
- - Vicachu   I don't have any stories like that. Is that a ...   Feb 7 2011, 03:04 AM
- - Pikasyuu   omfg, NO. minus two participation points. story on...   Feb 7 2011, 04:09 PM
- - SPEAKERfortheLOST   er... well ok... there was this one time at band ...   Feb 8 2011, 04:11 AM
- - Daria   I've had this thread open in a tab for the las...   Feb 8 2011, 07:05 PM
- - Pikasyuu   then tell them all! it's a whole thread. :...   Feb 8 2011, 07:48 PM
- - Daria   Pick a title: Car journeys with Steve Watching mu...   Feb 8 2011, 11:38 PM
- - Vicachu   I vote night skating. Also, if I come up with a s...   Feb 9 2011, 01:26 AM
- - Pikasyuu   'Parisian men are short' And yes, Vic ;)   Feb 9 2011, 02:24 AM
- - SPEAKERfortheLOST   How about: "Car journeys with mum in the yell...   Feb 9 2011, 03:35 AM
- - Daria   Speaker, in that case, you have my life story Vi...   Feb 9 2011, 01:20 PM
- - Phyllis   Okay, since no one else seems to want to go first,...   Feb 9 2011, 07:58 PM
|- - LoLo   QUOTE (Phyllis @ Feb 9 2011, 11:58 AM) Th...   Feb 9 2011, 11:35 PM
- - I_am_the_best   ^^Wow, that does sound quite terrifying! The w...   Feb 10 2011, 10:59 AM
- - Dread Pirate Cath   My mum was doing a biology degree as I was growing...   Feb 13 2011, 02:03 PM
- - Ashbless   Cry havoc and release the cats? It doesn't cou...   Feb 13 2011, 09:17 PM
- - Hobbits   QUOTE (Pikasyuu @ Feb 6 2011, 08:45 PM) S...   Feb 14 2011, 04:32 PM
|- - Phyllis   QUOTE (Hobbits @ Feb 14 2011, 04:32 PM) W...   Feb 14 2011, 06:18 PM
- - elphaba2   Syuu story! Plus I want to hear about car jour...   Feb 14 2011, 04:56 PM
- - Daria   I already have Elphaba's choice written up, so...   Feb 15 2011, 05:10 PM
- - Daria   Night Skating You probably all know the prelude t...   Feb 15 2011, 05:36 PM
- - Mata   Aww! Mine is shorter and less full of romance...   Feb 20 2011, 10:36 AM
- - Sharazad   There are lots of stories I can tell with a lot of...   Feb 26 2011, 03:41 PM
- - Daria   That's beautiful, Sharazad. And Mata! I...   Feb 27 2011, 01:48 PM
- - Sharazad   Thank you Daria, The stories everyone here share a...   Feb 28 2011, 10:43 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:48 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!