Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minecraft, That's a very nice house you have there. sssSSSsss
Ashbless
post Aug 16 2011, 03:23 AM
Post #1

I could have written a short novel by this point

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,112

Who else has been sucked into this? Own up. I heard the snickers on facebook when I admitted to buying the game.

Built anything cool, interesting, difficult?

Would a Matazone multiplayer game be interesting?

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Aug 18 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Advice for the young at heart

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Ashbless @ Aug 16 2011, 04:23 AM) *
Who else has been sucked into this? Own up. I heard the snickers on facebook when I admitted to buying the game.

Built anything cool, interesting, difficult?

Would a Matazone multiplayer game be interesting?

I think there's at least four people on MZ that have been hooked on this game at various times: myself, moop, MrBrick, and Fuzzy.

I tend to play it solidly for quite some time, and then move onto something else until I read of the latest update, then I'm back again.

Currently, my world has laid dormant for a few weeks, but with a grand little house built smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 25 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #3

The minecraft forums had plans that told you how to build a sphere or dome. I thought it great fun, got to work, and then didn't really know what to put in my giant floating glass sphere. Currently it houses a huge tree. Getting to and from it is also a bit tricky / irritating. The world tree was surrounded by 6 realms - maybe I should build 6 more floating spheres?

The castle is still under construction, the mob trap still doesn't work, and I'm not really having the knowing of using redstone.

Er, yay building blocks? tongue.gif

--------------------

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Aug 25 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #4

: P>

Member No.: 991

I haven't played in a while unfortunately. It tends to get a little too addictive. >_>

I built some crazy redstone circuitry at one point (a 3 station automated minecart system with call buttons that would release the cart from the current station and set and lock in the bends in the track get you to the desired destination), it's kinda tricky in the same way as real world electronics with the added fun of spending hours debugging horrible timing issues that redstone introduces. That may've burnt me out on the game at one point.

I keep meaning to go back in and bother to make a portal to the underworld though but I can't quite motivate myself to mine all the necessary materials.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Aug 26 2011, 04:48 AM
Post #5

Pigmen don't forget. That's all I'm saying. One little misplaced shot and you're on the bad list with all of them forever. dry.gif

I usually log on once or twice a week. Only the basic style in singleplayer.

The cat likes to sit on my lap as I'm on the computer. That's all well and good until I jump due to a sudden creeper attack and wind up with an arm full of claws in real life as she decides to grab hold.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Aug 27 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #6

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

Hmm. I actually bought it, played it once, and haven't touched it since. Might try out the multiplayer if you get a server running. May need some assistance though, I'd hate to be eaten by bears or whatever. Also I'm not very creative so I might just have to build a giant cube or something :/

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 14 2011, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Minecraft 1.8 is now up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 14 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #8

I got sucked back in. I've been playing 1.8 for a few days, have a massive underground house and a Stargate style room around a portal. I feel the addition clawing at me again.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Sep 14 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #9

I got sucked back in. I've been playing 1.8 for a few days, have a massive underground house and a Stargate style room around a portal. I feel the addition clawing at me again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 20 2011, 01:28 AM
Post #10

Lost my old games trying to purge my copy of minecraft of a mod I downloaded. Managed to get it cleaned up and working again thanks to their forums.

Currently wandering about the new 1.8 world. I've found one of the new pre-generated mines and have set up a temporary log cabin to check it out.

I miss my giant floating glass sphere and may rebuild it. Or I might not. It's hard to say.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Sep 29 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #11

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

I have also been a keen minecraft play (whoops, nearly typed mincecraft, lawl) and have been sucked into the 1.8 update.

Would be awesome to get a multiplayer thing going, I've seen people do crazy stuff in teams and have always felt a little left out. sad.gif

Also, I have a bitchin' castle in one of my worlds. I took a mountain and carved it into a castle. I'm hopeless at redstone (I can already tell moop would be our resident sparky) but I created a lava draw-bridge that worked on pulleys and redstone.

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
BigMistake
post Sep 29 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #12

Obsessive

Member No.: 17,519

QUOTE (MrTeapot @ Sep 29 2011, 05:57 PM) *
I have also been a keen minecraft play (whoops, nearly typed mincecraft, lawl) and have been sucked into the 1.8 update.

Would be awesome to get a multiplayer thing going, I've seen people do crazy stuff in teams and have always felt a little left out. sad.gif

Also, I have a bitchin' castle in one of my worlds. I took a mountain and carved it into a castle. I'm hopeless at redstone (I can already tell moop would be our resident sparky) but I created a lava draw-bridge that worked on pulleys and redstone.

These days I usually play it whenever I'm doing something else (eg play Minecraft on my laptop screen while I'm watching Scrubs on my monitor). Still pretty fun, although I hoped there was a way to have more of a "Defend your fort" battle going on, instead of random Creepers just showing up.

+Quote Post
Usurper MrTeapot
post Oct 2 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #13

Samauri Teapain

Member No.: 844

Any way we can play some sort of capture the flag? Capture the golden apple, Holy TNT Grenade of Antioch, gold block, or whatever. Make a fort together, Minecraft Edit to make an exact replica and place facing it somewhere on the map, customise it to make it an 'evil' one or something. Then turn on pc damage and attack each other's forts to get the prize.

moop, you're my man for this. How does one host a minecraft server?

--------------------
@>-'--,--Cath and gothictheysay are my E-Teapotettes.@>-'--,--
Jaq and believe are my adopted Tea Spoons (wherever they are :'( )
"I am just a worthless liar, I am just an imbecile, I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall aswell."
A proud Viking never stops masturbating.
Taking over Matazone Forums since 2011.

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Oct 3 2011, 04:44 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 240

I played on a server that had a pvp room, Capture the flag iirc. Unfortunately it was pretty buggy and their server couldn't handle a recent influx of people. Ended up leaving cause the moderation were jerks, but my point is stuff is out there. Love making redstonemabobs.

p.s. syuu is evil.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 30 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #15

I should probably stop taunting endermen that I spot in ravines.
I'll wander out onto some ledge at the top of the ravine and spot the thing, stare at it to aggro it, and smugly wander back into the cave system to be ambushed by the thing. Who knew they could teleport up so far? Then, not having sword in hand, I hit it with a flower or dirtblock or something equally useless and it teleports away. Then I get to twitch at every zombie sound wondering when the angry enderman will next leap out at me.

Anyone found a village or a stronghold?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Nov 2 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #16

One of their (Endermen) drops is going to be useful in 1.9. For finding strongholds, and opening the gateways to The End within.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 3 2011, 05:02 AM
Post #17

I'm looking forward to the update after Minecon.

Bah, why did I spend that vacation money this summer visiting family & friends when I could've gone to Vegas and blown it? (grin)

Finally found a village which was actually very close to my spawn point. Still no luck with finding a stronghold but I ought to look a bit harder. Do they have some structure above ground to look for? I haven't downloaded any of the prerelease stuff. I'm fine with waiting until it autoupdates my copy of the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Nov 3 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #18

The one I found was just a sprawling underground complex of wood framed tunnels. I never saw any above ground evidence of it just bumped into it while digging.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Nov 4 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #19

What did it look like? Sure it wasn't an abandoned mine?

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Nov 4 2011, 08:16 AM
Post #20

I think you're right actually. Feel free to ignore that then. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 20 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #21

So one new thing in the actual release is new sounds.
I find I miss the "oomph" sound I used to get falling off something. Now there's a bone breaking crunch sound. It's good as negative reinforcement.
Endermen sound less frightening to me but look a lot more difficult to kill. I think a little ambush spot will be the thing. A roof on the third block up to prevent them from getting in at me. I could lurk underneath, stare at them to get attacked, and do the whole 'kitty cat ankle swipe from under the furniture' attack.
Also it's enough I don't eat in a tidy fashion. Good thing there are no mice in the game. I also now eat with my mouth open and make loud chewing noises. Classy.
tongue.gif

How do my fellow players like the game?

I am seriously thinking of a server computer. It's this whole broke/skint with Christmas approaching that puts a damper on racing out to set it up. Still think it would be fun. I tend to wee little one room shacks rather than epic castles. I get bored of building and want to explore. I then get bored of wandering, usually lost, in caves and want to build. I've taken to building at least one 'house' around my spawn point. Creepers usually toss me back there at least once while I'm starting out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Dec 22 2011, 05:31 AM
Post #22

I had a windfall this Christmas.
The adult thing would be to use it to pay down debt but I think that's a terrible idea. I think it would be the perfect solution to the 'gee I'd love a computer setup that would allow multiplayer' problem. So in January I'm going to head up island and talk to my friendly neighborhood computer guy.
I'll let you know as developments progress.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Sep 21 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #23

Whohoo. Internet fame.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YouCraftServer...ture=CAwQwRs%3D

I recently joined this server. I'm not in the video but the flag I did for 'Talk like a Pirate Day' shows up. Also there's me blathering away in the background on the chat.
I helped with the ceiling in the nether hub with KnifePlay, Daze1 and dashashfell. So yeah.

The flag is gone now. I may do random stuff like that on days similar to that. Towel day it'd be neat to put up a giant 'don't panic' sign.

( I never did set up multiplayer, the money was used towards debt and fun. )

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hobbes
post Sep 25 2012, 09:15 AM
Post #24

Advice for the young at heart

Member No.: 33

After a long hiatus, I've started playing Minecraft again. Since I last played there's been quite a few updates, so I've got plenty to discover once again smile.gif

I've still never played multiplayer though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Oct 23 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #25

http://i.imgur.com/elhau.png

My house on the multiplay server I've joined.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 09:20 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!