IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Secret Santa 2011, Look, snoo! I remembered!
Phyllis
post Nov 1 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

Yep, it's that time again. Gather round, kiddies, and sit on Santa Cand's lap sign up to get your very own Matazonian to shower with gifts costing around 5 (as of right now, that's about $8 US).

Hooray!

The deadline to sign up is the 25th of November. To sign up, simply fill out the form at the bottom of this post with your own information, post it in this thread, and then PM me your address. You need to send a PM even if you think I already have your address (unless you're moop, of course). It makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of everything, and the odds of me actually finding an address sent to me a year ago are slim to none.

Victims will be assigned soon after the sign-up deadline passes, and I'm going to say the deadline for sending gifts should be the 10th of December, given that some will have to be sent internationally. There's some wiggle room on the deadline, but be sure to let your victim know if his/her gift will be late (you'll receive the sign-in info for the Secret Santa account when one of Santa's helpers PMs you with your victim's name and address, and you can post in this thread under that username to ask questions, etc.).

Please don't participate if you think you might not be able to follow through
. Sometimes things beyond your control can come up, which is perfectly understandable, but if you're going to flake, for the love of Pete, let us know as far in advance as you can, okay? Okay.

If you've participated in the past, we will need to know the names of your previous victims to keep you from being paired up with them again. If you don't remember who they were (this is the fifth year we're doing this, after all), you can find last year's thread here. It should have your victims from the first three years in your initial post, and buried somewhere in the thread will be the name of the person you had last year. Ignore the fact that this post is almost identical to my initial post in that thread, please. Pretend I was witty and original this year. tongue.gif

ALSO: Santa may be needing a substitute helper to deal with handing out victims, since one of his evil little elves was injured in a freak reindeer mauling. She was trying to get them to pull her pirate ship or something...we're not quite sure. She'll be okay, but I suspect she might need someone to take her place this year. Any volunteers?

I think that's everything! PM me if you have any questions/concerns/chocolate/praise that can't go in the thread.

So...

Name: Candice
Previous Victim(s): Ashbless, Cheesemoose, Elphaba, and gothictheysay
Likes/Dislikes: The past few years I've just asked for something to amuse me, and it has yet to fail me. I hate anything banana or cherry flavoured, should Santa feel like sending me food. Oh, and I'm a vegetarian, though I don't know why you'd send me meat. Never hurts to be sure, though. My favourite animals are deer, my favourite colour is green, and I harbour fantasies about moving to some remote location to become a beekeeper/hermit.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 1 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Name: LoLo
Previous Victim(s): EvilSpoon, Snoo, Daria
Likes: I love things that are odd and will make you laugh. I'm not adverse to toys that poop candy or things that are grossly funny in general. I love socks and I always wear odd ones that never match. I love design and typography. I think Harley Quinn from batman is fabulous. I also am obsessed with eyes, though I just got rid of a lot of my eye stuff. By no means does the person who draws my name have to get me the specific things listed, it's just a guide. I like to be surprised, so I wouldn't be disappointed with something that I have no idea about.

Dislikes: Pink, cooked vegetables, tomatoes, overly girly crap.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Oni Usagi
post Nov 1 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #3

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 240

Name: Oni
Previous victims: Evil Spoon
Likes: Puzzles/games, anime/manga related stuff, lurking, bunnies, foxes and kitsune, space (outer).
Dislikes: Pastels, uno, sweets, fruit, arachnids, horror, Nickelback, military, mods and admins especially ones with two o's (ops are okay).

Edit: In before snoo!

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Nov 1 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

Name: Mat
Previous victims: LoLo last year I think? Aaand last year I said CheeseMoose.
Likes: my little pony: friendship is magic, that keyboard cleaner goo I got last year, kittens, science, Go, programming, hats with umbrellas on them
Dislikes: stuff that takes up space, inefficiency

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
snooodlysnoosnoo...
post Nov 1 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #5

dream to make believe

Member No.: 863

Firstly; curse you Oni! *shakes fist*
Secondly; go team remembering Cand!!

Name: snoo
Previous Victim(s): Ange, Voices, Cath, CrazyMat
Likes: I like socks, penguins and fraggle rock. I like spots and stripes, cheese, chocolate, Sour Patch Kids. Green. The Northern Lights. Crafty things. Marmite. Labyrinth. Small fuzzy creatures with squify noses.
Dislikes: Anything with meat products, such as gelatine. Tomatoes, useless things, books full of useless "facts", sweets with gelatine in, even in the shape of penguins because then I can't eat them and then it classifies them as useless. Red. Scary stuff, cephalopods, overly girly things, things in bad taste.

As Paul likes to say "you're not fussy at all, dear"

--------------------
IPB Image
snoo is about as evil as a muffin

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Nov 1 2011, 08:13 PM
Post #6

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Member No.: 1,174

Name: Froggy
Previous Victim(s): syuu, Speaker For The Lost (I'm pretty sure that I'[ve only done this twice, so sorry if I haven't said yo, I just couldn't find any other addresses)
Likes: frogs, pink, edible things. Knickers(UK 12/14), socks (4-8UK), strolls along the beach at sunset, romantic meals... Oh wait. I also like things that I can put in my hand back for use when the big ZA arrives. So far, a torch. Old things, second hand things, practical things.
Dislikes: Peas

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
mooooooooooopo
post Nov 1 2011, 08:48 PM
Post #7

: P>

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 991

Name: Moop
Previous Victims: Elphaba, Froggy, LoLo, Cath
Likes: Programming, cute animals, owls, unconventionally cute animals like spiny lizards, sour things, parma violets, turkish delight, root beer, weird noises and unconventional musical instruments, mysterious objects.
Dislikes: Bananas, mushrooms, meat, things you (or someone else) killed something to make.

--------------------
I am Candice's asw emo e-husband, real life actual husband and all around awesome person, Funked)Out_Frogg's e-paramour. Snugglebum's harem slave. Candice and gothictheysay are my e-pimps.

+Quote Post
Ashbless
post Nov 3 2011, 04:49 AM
Post #8

I could have written a short novel by this point

Member No.: 1,112

Name: Ashbless
Previous Victims: Mata, Smiler, Daria, and Speaker
Likes: Just about any strange little gizmo if I can get it back from the cats, hot and cold beverages and words.
Dislikes: Pink, poop jokes, friends who are always a bit short until payday so that you wind up paying for whatever outing possibly for months. Not bitter. (grin)

I live in the far away land of Canada so keep that in mind if you chose something perishable. I've been delighted with the things that Santa has brought so far. He picks fantastic elves if you ask me.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning, It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. - SpeakertotheLost

+Quote Post
Mata
post Nov 5 2011, 05:35 PM
Post #9

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Name: Mata
Previous Victim(s): Hobbes, CheeseMoose, Ryn, and EvilSpoon
Likes/Dislikes: Well designed objects or 'urban toys', books of pictures, illustration thing generally, savoury foods, spicy foods, arty stuff, steampunk, cyberpunk, punk, gothy things, quirky things... That should do. I don't really have many dislikes in the world. I'm a happy chap.

As an update from last year, I got some of these http://www.colorblanks.com/toys/ which are very cool... And then I got lots of work and moved house. I started working on them recently but they're nowhere near finished yet and once again those pesky students have made lots of paper for me to grade, so my creative things have to be put aside until that is all done, BUT they are awesome and I've got some fun plans for them smile.gif

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Nov 9 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #10

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

Name: syuu
Previous Victim(s): snoo, eli(?), i don't remember
Likes/Dislikes: i like weird regional specific foods and beverages, the color pink, hair accessories, chunky jewelry, large rings, nail polish, nose rings, mata's undergarments, and glitter.
i dislike everything else and boring stuff.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
gothictheysay
post Nov 12 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #11

living in your basement, eating your candy hearts

Member No.: 959

Name: Sarah
Previous Victims: p@, somebody else I don't recall, and Candice
Likes: books, writing utensils, arts and crafts, cute things, chocolate, music, toys, socks, things that will make me laugh.
Dislike: usually things that can be construed as healthy; definitely ask if it's food-related. nickelback. anything gory.

--------------------
Being corrupted by candice since 2004
teal and orange is the way forward

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 16 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #12

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

Name: Cath
Previous victims: 1st year - Gothic Angel, 2nd year - moop, 3rd year - Froggy, last year - Oni
Likes/Dislikes: I like pirates, goth stuff, generally alternative stuff steam punk etc. Odd = good. I've a seriously bad sweet tooth, jewellery and shiney stuff is good to and generally anything silly, amusing or quirky. JUST GET ME SOMETHING FUN! tongue.gif
I hate banana anything they are the spawn of satan!! I think that reasonably covers it.

(No I didn't just copy and paste from last year. Honest!)

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 24 2011, 01:16 PM
Post #13

Candbrush Threepwood

Quick reminder: tomorrow is the last day to sign up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Nov 25 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #14

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

I'll hop on, but you'll have to wait for me to put any useful information in this post. >.>

Name: Barry
Previous Victim(s): None. Bwa ha ha ha!
Likes: Things which keep my fingers busy rather than dismantling any more of my stuff, things that go bang or fizzle, the ridiculous.
Dislikes: Foods which are all obvious about having vitamins and minerals in them. Not that I'm expecting to be sent leafy greens or anything, I just felt like chuntering on about mistrust of anything you wouldn't consider wrapping in pastry. tongue.gif

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 25 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Mr Fuzzy @ Nov 25 2011, 08:19 PM) *
I'll hop on, but you'll have to wait for me to put any useful information in this post. >.>

Until? Victims are going out soon! tongue.gif

I have distributed lists of names and addresses to both of my evil elves! It's now too late to join (Fuzzy just squeaked in under the deadline). I am not mixing up names this year, as I want it to be a surprise at least once. biggrin.gif Barring any complications, you all should be receiving an elfly PM within the next couple of days.

PS: "elfly" is totally a word. Yup. Just made it up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 26 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #16

I've been brainwashed

Elfy is an awsome word.

Woohoo! Gotted my victim!

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 26 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #17

Kiefer > Jason

I have sent out PMs to all of the people on my list and I got one from moop so I'm assuming his list is done. Everyone should have their victim then?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 26 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #18

Candbrush Threepwood

Yup, all participants should have received a PM! If you didn't, let me know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Secret Santa
post Nov 27 2011, 08:37 PM
Post #19

Obsessive

Member No.: 6,228

Misteress Phyllis

Due to your good work and elf organisation this year, we would like to inform you that we at Secret Santa Inc. have manage the have your gift sent post haste and that it should be with you within the next 3 to 5 working days. We hope it is to your liking*.

Yours sincerly

S. Santa CEO

*No responsibly or refunds will be taken for said gift.

--------------------
I see you when you're sleeping.
I know when you're awake.
I know when you've been bad or good,
So be good for goodness sake!
- Cthulhu

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Nov 27 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #20

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Am I too late? sad.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Nov 28 2011, 08:22 AM
Post #21

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (Pixelgoth @ Nov 27 2011, 03:25 PM) *
Am I too late? sad.gif

Yup. Deadline was Friday the 25th and all victims have been handed out. Sorry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Secret Santa
post Nov 29 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #22

Obsessive

Dearest Fuzzy,

You have been weighed, you have been measured and you have absolutely been found wanting... so your gift is in the post to get you up to standards!

Enjoy!

Santa

--------------------
- Cthulhu

+Quote Post
Secret Santa
post Nov 30 2011, 03:21 PM
Post #23

Obsessive

dear cath,

as of 4:20 AM new zealand daylight time on the 1st of december, your present is on its way! enjoy!

xoxo
santa

--------------------
- Cthulhu

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Nov 30 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #24

Candbrush Threepwood

I got my gift already! biggrin.gif

Thank you, Cath! I love it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Nov 30 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #25

I've been brainwashed

Glad you liked it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 03:38 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!