> Personal Website, Need helpz lol
BigMistake
post Dec 20 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 17,519

Hey guys,

I've got a few spare minutes so I wanted to ask for some advice. As some of you may know I'm studying International Game & Architecture Design. This means that in a few years when I'll graduate I'm supposed to like, work. Of course getting work is easier if you have a good resume and webpresence. A few days ago I bought a domainname that I thought was totally awesome (arrowtotheknee.nl) and started working on a design for my personal website, which I'll use to put stuff that I make online so people can look at my work and think "Hey, we want to hire this guy!". Now I've never done something like that before, so I was wondering if anybody had advice on how to make it look professional and fun at the same time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Witless
post Dec 23 2011, 03:39 PM
Post #2

happy.. sad.. happy

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,536

If your plan is to advertise yourself, then on your home page make sure the latest stuff you have done is right there on the first page people see. Not to be cynical, but a lot of people have turbo short attention spans want to be able to see your stuff and what you're doing as easily as possible without having to figure out which link is what will lead them to what stuff.

Also, yes, clean and simple is good.

Also read this.

--------------------
"I'm an introvert, I think you're wonderful and I like you, but please now shush"
"Science is just organised common sense"
"All generalizations are dangerous, even this one."
"You are unique, just like everybody else."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2014 - 07:25 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!