IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
> Fund raising ideas and implementation?, I've been volunteering at a bird rescue, and need your help!
EvilSpork
post Feb 2 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #1

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 829

Hi Matazone forums! Long time no post. I'm usually in IRC.

To the point: I recently started volunteering at an exotic bird rescue (http://arizonaexoticbirdrescue.weebly.com/). Their previous regularly scheduled volunteer that was more or less running the place is no longer with the corporation, and doesn't come in anymore. He was 20 and just didn't have a maturity level needed for a management type position. Essentially what just happened is I'm now taking over a lot of his responsibilities and then some (or a lot, some isn't exactly accurate.) The rescue was in pretty sad shape, though not entirely his fault - we lack people volunteering.

I've boiled the lack of volunteers down to a lack of awareness and a lack of regularity and structure. I'm working on a volunteer calendar to hold people accountable for showing up. There's a lack of organization overall so those that do come in lack direction. That's being hammered out. The previous guy had months to work on that and I'm turning it around in about a week. Thirty or so volunteers have been emailed two days ago with a survey for availability, and only 3 have responded. We'll see how it goes by the end of the week. This I have under control, hopefully; however I fear we will lack active volunteers.

What I'm not seeing happen is fund raising events or regular donations. Up to this point I've come up with a handful of ideas:

Donation cans at various locations
Enact a Text-To-Give program which can be posted on bulletin boards and on donation cans
Have local businesses do a raffle for low-cost services (an hour tattoo session, a haircut, a massage, gift cards etc.)
Create a calendar from bird pictures
Get involved with after school programs to raise awareness of the rescue
Photo sessions with the birds
Bird classes for a $1-$5 donation
Bumper stickers and T-shirts available at the rescue (and have a design competition for both)

As of right now the rescue is bleeding money. Donations help, especially the people that do monthly ones (even if it's just $1), but not everybody does that.

So Matazone! I need your help with ideas for fund raising and ways to increase the amount of donations coming in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:51 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!