> Ravaged
BigMistake
post Feb 14 2012, 02:05 PM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 17,519

Hey guys,

Just saw an article about Ravaged (linky) and I'm totallly blown away by the fact that it's made by a small indie company. I hope this is going to become trend, seeing as many people avoid indie games on the premise that the graphic quality can sometimes be lacking.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Feb 21 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

A good style can save a lot of time - trying to make everything detailed like big companies tends to be impossible, but many indie developers don't work out any other solution. I think part of the appeal of Minecraft was that the developers worked with what they could do to create a consistent style that they could manage.

It's great to see an ambitious indie, but I'm sorry to say that I bet they can't make the whole game look awesome (unless they have some very clever procedural work in the background... And even then I'm not sure).

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
BigMistake
post Feb 22 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #3

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 17,519

QUOTE (Mata @ Feb 21 2012, 08:47 PM) *
A good style can save a lot of time - trying to make everything detailed like big companies tends to be impossible, but many indie developers don't work out any other solution. I think part of the appeal of Minecraft was that the developers worked with what they could do to create a consistent style that they could manage.

It's great to see an ambitious indie, but I'm sorry to say that I bet they can't make the whole game look awesome (unless they have some very clever procedural work in the background... And even then I'm not sure).

I bet they're going to reuse a lot of stuff to save time. But the material in the trailers looks pretty darn good.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 08:20 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!