IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crawley Circus Convention Cancelled but how about a, mini circus MZF meet this summer instead?
MZF Circus Camp 2012!
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
froggle-rock
post Apr 16 2012, 05:38 PM
Post #1

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 1,174

This sia real shame. But there are plans for it to happen in 2013.

From the FB group:

Sorry to announce that we cannot go ahead with this year's festival. We are making positive progress with Parkwood but we are so far behind with plans now. There are also too many conflicting events in the calendar and if we have a low turn out I'll never make the case for the festival.
Its not been an easy decision and I'm sorry to disappoint those who always support us.
However, with Parkwood's support, I can fix next year's dates as soon as someone tells me what the European dates are. Then we can show them that its worth long term support so we can stop lurching from year to year.
Crawley Circus Convention FB page

Moop and I have decided we'll have our own mini one on the 25th to the 26th of August. We can both offer up tent/ floor space, me in London and moop in Darby.

If you would like to come, please vote where suits you best. If the date isn't good for you, please post when would be.

happy.gif

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CrazyFooIAintGet...
post Apr 17 2012, 08:07 AM
Post #2

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Member No.: 606

Yeah that sucks. I'd be up for a meet up in london though. How mini would it be? Can I bring friends?

--------------------
Kung fu fighting from 25th April 2010

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 17 2012, 10:16 PM
Post #3

omno-ahhhhhhh!

OFC you can bring friends!

--------------------
A society that takes itself too seriously risks bottling up its tensions and treating every example of irreverence as a threat to its existence. Humour is one of the great solvents of democracy. It permits the ambiguities and contradictions of public life to be articulated in non-violent forms. It promotes diversity. It enables a multitude of discontents to be expressed in a myriad of spontaneous ways. It is an elixir of constitutional health. J. Sachs in Laugh It Off Promotions CC v SAB International (Finance) BV t/a SabMark International (Freedom of Expression Institute as Amicus Curiae) 2006 (1) SA 144 (CC)

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 18 2012, 02:49 PM
Post #4

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

London would be possible, I think, though it's perilously close to the time I start teaching again, so it might be tricky. There is some talk of a festival in France that weekend too, which could be a giggle. Ironically, the festival in France is actually further away from me than London is, and would be a lot harder to get to, so London sounds good!

Like I say though, this is said with the proviso that I might not be able to come due to work commitments, and I will only be back from Tibet for a week or two so I could well be very skint at that point too!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 20 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #5

As a possibility, the Oxford 'Mata Fest' a couple of years ago worked well. It's very cheap, easy for people from London and the North, and gives us all freedom to do whatever we want. A lot of people have kept in touch with the Oxford folks, so we wouldn't have trouble organising it again, and it's a free night out (you just need a tent).

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Apr 24 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #6

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

QUOTE (Mata @ Apr 18 2012, 03:49 PM) *
London would be possible, I think, though it's perilously close to the time I start teaching again, so it might be tricky. There is some talk of a festival in France that weekend too, which could be a giggle. Ironically, the festival in France is actually further away from me than London is, and would be a lot harder to get to, so London sounds good!

Like I say though, this is said with the proviso that I might not be able to come due to work commitments, and I will only be back from Tibet for a week or two so I could well be very skint at that point too!

Ooo! you could nip over the boarder and go say hi to my brother he's in Chengdu which is the jumping off place to go to Tibet from China. tongue.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 24 2012, 06:59 PM
Post #7

I'm not sure that nipping across a border is really that easy to do - especially when we seem to have about five hours in the car on most days as it is!

I've had a thought though - the Oxford 'Mata Fest' was rather good a couple of years ago. That would be a cheap night by the river, and slightly more friendly a location for Notherners too. There are still a few happy chaps and chapesses around in Oxford who would be happy to help you organise things if I couldn't get there.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
froggle-rock
post Apr 26 2012, 02:35 PM
Post #8

omno-ahhhhhhh!

Do you fancy adding it to the poll?

Sounds good to me.
Reason for edit: Added Oxford to the poll for you. Cath xx

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Apr 27 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #9

I've voted London, because it is easier for me to get to, but I would love to do another one in Oxford too.

--------------------
The Matazone Games blog

+Quote Post
Lurker in the Pa...
post Apr 30 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #10

Worrying

Member No.: 15,656

Another Oxford meet sounds good to me too and not just because of what happened last time wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 08:24 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!