> Scared stiff
BigMistake
post Aug 26 2012, 02:03 AM
Post #1

Obsessive

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 17,519

Hey guys,

About two hours ago something happened that scared the s**t out of me, and I'd like to know if I overreacted or not.

Basically, I was in my room and headed for the kitchen when a big dude appeared out of nowhere. He was asking for money (250 euro's) to "borrow" because of some vague reasons which changed several times. Being my small, not strong and not fast I decided to just go along with it. I locked the door to my room (which had plenty of stuff that was worth the amount) and walked with him to an ATM. I know, it sounds really really stupid and it was, but I figured it was better then saying no then and there and maybe provoking him or escalating whatever it was.

We get to an ATM, and I punch in random numbers pretending it's my PIN. My card gets blocked, and he's none the wiser. He insists we try it at a different ATM, so we end up going to a mall where there's a few. I repeat the process and he gets a bit annoyed. After convincing him that internet banking wouldn't work, he said "he'd try a nephew nearby" and said he'd be back later. I proceed to head home, lock all the doors and close all the windows (reminder to self: kick the ass of whoever left that one open), and after about an hour of not hearing anything I decide to phone the police and call it in anyway, just in case. Of course they say what I had been thinking all along, "no criminal offense", etc etc etc.

I've been running through this scenario over and over in my head and I can't stop thinking that I overreacted in the first place. What if I just said "No, and please get out of my house"? I just had this idea in my head where I thought he'd (physically) force me to do withdraw money or the like. Am I wrong for thinking that? Have I just read too many horror stories, watched too much tv?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Mata
post Aug 26 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Wait... So a random guy turns up uninvited in your home and asks for money? That's got to be at least trespass. The request for money could easily be seen as threatening. The only thing that I would say you did wrong was in waiting for a few hours before calling the police. Try to be as observant as possible of physical charateristics and quirks that would make him identifiable - it makes giving a statement to police easier later on if you you need to.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 12:28 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!