IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mata Is Right,spam Shoudl Be Left For Eating!, whats the point?
simply,I'm a...
post Jun 15 2003, 03:49 PM
Post #1

oooh yeah,shake that nasty hamster ass!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 98

hate to admit it people,the already low level of sane conversation has dropped,and now our topics are titled "who misses...bla bla" and "i like mustard" i mean,come on people!our IQ's are dropping like flies!just to make a point cos i'd noticd the amount of annoying spam-a good rant once in a while is all well and good,but some of this stuff really is pointless and retarded!
love to all!xxxx

--------------------
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...............................</span></span>

I'm not hearing any clapping!

user posted image go Scotty,go!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
simply,I'm a...
post Jun 15 2003, 03:50 PM
Post #2

i'm so gonna get my ass kicked for that........... blink.gif

--------------------
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...............................</span></span>

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 15 2003, 03:54 PM
Post #3

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Not by me, yer not!

/me hugs simply

Yer not the only one to think this. I jus hope that people try an work the spam thing out of their system an post sanely in future, before we start losin people.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jun 15 2003, 03:54 PM
Post #4

I post more than I speak

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 116

ive noticed that.... i sorta miss the old days when i first joined up... it seemed like all we had were convorsations about stuff (at least thats how i remember it) a little randomness is good... but when the entire forums is filled with random stuff... its not random anymore...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jun 15 2003, 03:58 PM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I agree about the spam, but disagree about the I miss you threads. When you're gone it's nice to know someone missed you, and being here as long as I have, I've seen people come and go, and it's sad when they do and would like them to know they are missed.

Spam does get out of control on here sometimes, and it makes it hard to know whats going on.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
simply,I'm a...
post Jun 15 2003, 04:07 PM
Post #6

*hugs back leopold*

ive noticed that.... i sorta miss the old days when i first joined up... it seemed like all we had were convorsations about stuff (at least thats how i remember it) a little randomness is good... but when the entire forums is filled with random stuff... its not random anymore...

too true-couldn't have put it better myself!when we all first joined up,we had such cool convo's and threads-now its *bleuch* sad.gif i think that some of the younger members(the noobs!) are posting random retarded things to try and appear nuts,individual and unique-well it's not!we're all already nuts,or we wouldn't be here!and posting shit isn't individual or unique,your turning into every other wannabe!just be urself,i know uv all got brain-cells in there somewhere!i know i've posted some pretty freaky stuff in my wonderful time here on MataZone,but that's me being me-i'm a boring fart sometimes too,we can't all be loud and scary all the time,we'd get shot!!!!!!!!

come on guys,we can do it!!!!!! dry.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
craziness
post Jun 15 2003, 04:24 PM
Post #7

crazi

Member No.: 20

yeah, im sorry but all of the spam going on is just ick, i havent been reading the boards that much because nothing has any content! just "i am so big and i am going to try to be cool! im going to gain respect by posting a lot!" im getting a bit ticked off by this. and the "i miss..." threads are ok, but i mean if someone is not gone for more than a week....they dont need a thread!!!! i never even left and i got one! im confused.......

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Jun 15 2003, 04:27 PM
Post #8

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

i think everyone seems to take the meaning of spam to be 'nething not depressing and extremely serious' that's NOT what spamming is. spamming is repeatedly posting non-stop with nothing at all in ne way relevant, or the same thing over and over again. saying 'how much do you miss (blank)' isn't spam, and even if there are a lota those polls, that's only cause so many ppl have left. o and if you post a lot and it's relevant, it's not spam as long as you don't do it constantly.

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jun 15 2003, 04:28 PM
Post #9

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

i think ALL forms of spamming should now go on in the spam thread, bo selecta, or word association(sp?)... leave threads to actually talk about something... the spamming threads should be just that... a place to spam... and the only place to spam...

note: i am the biggest spam whore on the forums... and i am trying to not spam real threads... im trying to end my spamming ways.... i realize how much hell it can put people through when they cant find a thread or have to look through mindless crap for a real convo about something...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jun 15 2003, 06:09 PM
Post #10

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

For eating? Maybe smothered in teryaki sauce, but you're better off eating regular ham and a nice glass of whiskey, ey?

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jun 15 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #11

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

QUOTE (simply @ I'm a spastic,Jun 16 2003, 04:49 AM)
hate to admit it people,the already low level of sane conversation has dropped,and now our topics are titled "who misses...bla bla" and "i like mustard" i mean,come on people!our IQ's are dropping like flies!just to make a point cos i'd noticd the amount of annoying spam-a good rant once in a while is all well and good,but some of this stuff really is pointless and retarded!
love to all!xxxx

'Nother note. "Who Misses..." are important sometimes! Certain board members go away because of RL or depression encircling them, and the polls help to both raise their self esteem to let them know they're missed, and alert other board members that so-and-so isn't around. Not a great argument, but I am a fan of the polls. If certain members left completely, the board would not be the same! Meh, love for the polls.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
HappyBunny
post Jun 15 2003, 06:49 PM
Post #12

Uber n00b!

Member No.: 349

I try to keep my spam in the spamming thread, so, if any of you guys feel the need to spam, just do it in there! happy.gif

--------------------
MTV- "Oh, lets go get some bubbly teen, but her in spiked bracletes and a tie, and call her punk!"
-The begining of Avril.
A N T I - A V R I L
My sprit animal! Wolf! Rwar!

My A l n l t l i l - l d l r l u l g l=
LINKIN PARK!

cheese is funny 0wnz me!
[ e- sis ] elf! Yay! Go LP!
The official Avril Sluagtherer of ISH!
pets: user posted imageAww, my widdle inkle kitty ^_^ user posted image Another kitty! Devil kitty! ^_^
user posted image

PSYCHO, GROUPIE, COCAINE, CRAZY!
-System Of A Down- Psycho

+Quote Post
[Wraeth]
post Jun 15 2003, 06:57 PM
Post #13

Worrying

Member No.: 344

I spammed a lot during my first 100 posts, so I could get a custom title, but I think my average number of posts per day has gone up since I stopped spamming so often. Even if it hasn't, I'm still more satisfied with my post-100 posts.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Jun 15 2003, 07:23 PM
Post #14

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

this's what ppl've been talking about, spamming to reach a goal of some sort. i think maybe custom titles should be availible to neone with more than 10 posts

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 15 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #15

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

I read some posts through this forum, basically wi some people sayin they think the Flood Control is evil an it should be revoked.

To this I ask one question. Why?

I know I've been hit by it a coupla times, but it really isn't that big a deal. When I do get hit, it's cos of a short response then onto another response elsewhere...

I also belong to another forum, their flood control is set to 60 seconds. Remember that the next time you criticise!

I guess some people find the FC kick in when they post in a thread, then post again immediately cos they remember summat. In this situation, click the edit button on your last post! This will bypass the FC script and allow ya to post further. Yep, sure that won't add to the post count, but then why should that be important? It's not a race, an nobody is gonna respect ya if yer post count is 80% spam.

Yes, I realise the irony of this statement comin from a guy wi 4800-odd posts...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
spuglet
post Jun 15 2003, 09:28 PM
Post #16

I don't need no stinkin' title

Member No.: 38

i agree with cheese. it is much better to have a lower number of relevant posts than a high number of spam posts. sure that means some people dont know who you are, even though youve been here since the start, but it means those that do know you, know you for your (hopefully) intelligent and witty posts!

--------------------
I'll sleep when i'm alive and live when i'm dead.

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Jun 15 2003, 09:31 PM
Post #17

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

for me the problem is that i think what i say is relavent and then i get told its not. >.<

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Jun 15 2003, 09:31 PM
Post #18

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

hear hear! i agree

and one day i aspire to be known for witticisms and intelligence ... one day ...

really i do agree, i cant spam very well anyways although i have made valiant attempts in the proper threads tongue.gif spam can be offputting, hard to get what ppl are talking bout as topic gets warped so fast - also i find if i want to post in a certain thread the topic of the thing has usually changed by the time i get there, ok if to another decent topic but kinda crappy if is about pickles or something ...

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
CommandeerOfSoul...
post Jun 15 2003, 11:39 PM
Post #19

forever awesome

Member No.: 372

Mata Is Right,spam Shoudl Be Left For Eating!, whats the point?

I don't necessarily think that spam should be eaten either...
and if the number of sane convorsations are dropping like the flies that keep running into my monitor and refuse to leave giving me no choice... then there're must be very few sane convorsations left.
And observation/generalization I've made: people spend a lot of time identifying problems... and even some time coming up with reasonable solutions, but they rarely get put into effect, and when they do they are rarely as effective as anticipated.
Case in point: if everyone just stops spamming by themselves (perhaps w/ the help of complaints like this thread), then problem solved... but I doubt that any more arguing or even reasonable discussion will help.
I don't doubt that this thread will soon, also turn to spam... anti-spam spam... it's be annoying, crazy, and hypocritical.
-----------------------
all this talk about spamming makes me really nervous about what I say becuase I'm worried that it'll be spam, even though I think that it isn't, and then I'll be shunned from the matazone community... and then where would I go?

--------------------
I hated my old signature. This is far better.
My deviantART page
Highly Flamable.com (my [awesome] webpage)
Jeeze.. this isn't better.

+Quote Post
nordelen
post Jun 17 2003, 09:28 AM
Post #20

the monitor lizzards are coming!

Member No.: 299

QUOTE (simply @ I'm a spastic,Jun 15 2003, 05:07 PM)
i think that some of the younger members(the noobs!) are posting random retarded things to try and appear nuts,individual and unique-well it's not!

i take offence at this! when i came on here people were already posting random nonsense. it is totally unfair to blame new people for this problem occuring. i know that i have posted some nonsense, but thats just me. some of the new people (aside from me) have been making some very interesting posts, only to have them destroyed by irrelevent nonsence.

what really annoys me is when people start in on the "i've been here since the start, so my oppinion is more valid that yours" type of mentallity. who gives a damn? so you found this place before us newbies. that does'nt mean that your opinion is the be all and end all of a conversation. it does not mean that you have been blessed with greater intelagence than the rest of us. so please cut it out.

--------------------
let me FIND a lifestyle before you judge me on it

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jun 17 2003, 10:29 AM
Post #21

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (simply @ I'm a spastic,Jun 15 2003, 05:07 PM)
*hugs back leopold*

too true-couldn't have put it better myself!when we all first joined up,we had such cool convo's and threads-now its *bleuch* sad.gif i think that some of the younger members(the noobs!) are posting random retarded things to try and appear nuts,individual and unique-well it's not!we're all already nuts,or we wouldn't be here!and posting shit isn't individual or unique,your turning into every other wannabe!just be urself,i know uv all got brain-cells in there somewhere!i know i've posted some pretty freaky stuff in my wonderful time here on MataZone,but that's me being me-i'm a boring fart sometimes too,we can't all be loud and scary all the time,we'd get shot!!!!!!!!

come on guys,we can do it!!!!!! dry.gif laugh.gif

Thats hardly fair...I'm still considered a n00b and I can honestly say I don't run around spamming. A lot of people on this forum a very unfair to new people. Just because someone is new to something, does not mean they are compleyety brainless!!!! mad.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Jun 17 2003, 10:34 AM
Post #22

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

dont worry WeeJ i still love ya!! i am a n00b lover.

and to be honest, its defineltly more the people who have been here longer spamming. (not all of you, for example Lolo and other people dont spam.)

i know i cant say much but...well.... i havnt actually.

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 17 2003, 12:25 PM
Post #23

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Hopefully things will settle down a bit now there's a forum set aside for spam-esque posting!

My theory runs that it now should be easy to find posts that are suitable for whatever mood you are in.

Also, if someone is spamming it will now be spread over several 'rooms' so should make less of an impact on other users. *fingers crossed*

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:40 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!