IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> End Of The Line, Everyone Off, well, for me at least. I quit.
MistressAlti
post Jun 16 2003, 12:06 AM
Post #1

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Look, I've hit the epitome of forum burnout and annoyance. I'm so f**king sick of coming on here and sorting through your spam to find the few valuable posts of a couple of members. I'm tired of running a fansite for a group of people when no one seems to know it even exists. It kills me inside to stay here and keep propping this place up when the very people I used to come here for keep disappearing. And, most importantly, I can't stand the anger that boils up inside for a few particulars who have made this place virtually unbearable for me.

I can't even come on here and have a semi-intelligent discussion anymore. If it's not the rampant idiocy of the posts that kills it, then it's my inability to contain my ever-growing frustration with those that are known for such posts. I know that underlying sarcastic growl behind everything I type is raging... I don't know why I even bother with the subtlety anymore. I'm pissed off. Do you hear it clearly now? Do you?

And this is why I've decided to leave.

My friendships around here feel severed anyway, to be honest. Maybe Lo's right, that the cliques have happened and it's destroyed the community we ought to be. I don't know. I don't have the answers. All I know is, I can't hardly find it in me to keep ignoring that this is NOT the forum I joined and loved so much. I practically lived here for a few months; now I force myself to get online and wade through the sh!t. I could spend a very long time explaining why I believe this happened, but to be honest, I don't care anymore. It just did.

My absence will be indefinite. Maybe I'll regret this in a month. Maybe I'll miss it. I doubt it, though. I just can't stay someplace where I no longer feel necessary, welcome, valued, or at peace.

Have a nice life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
craziness
post Jun 16 2003, 12:12 AM
Post #2

crazi

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 20

missy, please dont leave!!!!! i am getting a bit fed up with it as well, but im not leaving! im just hoping everything will clear up, and im going to camp soon anyways! please dont go!!!!!!!!!! i love you! you are one of the sanest people here! we need you!

--------------------
Love is real.

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Jun 16 2003, 12:14 AM
Post #3

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Group: New Members
Member No.: 154

cya missy...i'll miss you around...

/me sighs...it's sad to see someone who's been around for so long up and leave...

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jun 16 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #4

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

wow.... *scared at what I may have come back to* I'm really sorry that things have been so bad around here for you Mistress.... I have really missed you and I hope that you take care *Hugs*

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jun 16 2003, 12:18 AM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I understand Missy. Have a nice time in the real world.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jun 16 2003, 12:20 AM
Post #6

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

i feel responsible for this... me being a spam whore and spamming quite often....

im sorry you feel this way missy.... i dont even know waht to say...

i will miss you being here missy... i never really talked to you much... but you were and still are a part of these forums.. and i have to say im sorry... i spammed too much... and i think i made noobs feel taht i was ok to spam like me... i feel like crap... i feel so responsible...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Jun 16 2003, 12:22 AM
Post #7

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

well all i can say is ill miss ya missy. be assured there are those who appreciate your work, and there are those who share your views on spam. but its a fact of things. rest assured, those who dont take this seriously will be gone eventually. we who do (and we are legion) will be here waiting for your return. godspeed girl!

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jun 16 2003, 12:24 AM
Post #8

I live again......

Member No.: 358

What is going on here. I have only been here for a short amount of time but already I feel like i belong but I definatly would not feel that way if it were not for people like you missy. You and so many others have been so nice to me and for you to leave because of spam would be just wrong. I know if we all work together we could maybe cut down on the spam. This is a place where we are supposed to be able to speak our mind right? and if one of us has a problem we should all help to make it better. We are all friends and I am willing to help reduce the amount of spam if everyone else is. Please do not leave Missy, this place would not be the same without you

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 16 2003, 12:25 AM
Post #9

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

Why are people here dropping like flies?

I feel a little bad myself, being one of the not-as-old-as-you kinda people. I will miss you Missy, It just wont be the same....

It's sad to see people go like this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
elf
post Jun 16 2003, 12:27 AM
Post #10

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Jun 15 2003, 05:20 PM)
i feel responsible for this... me being a spam whore and spamming quite often....

im sorry you feel this way missy.... i dont even know waht to say...

i will miss you being here missy... i never really talked to you much... but you were and still are a part of these forums.. and i have to say im sorry... i spammed too much... and i think i made noobs feel taht i was ok to spam like me... i feel like crap... i feel so responsible...

I'm sorry if I caused anything... I usually don't spam in the relevant threads... However we're all gonna miss ya... ;.;...

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Jun 16 2003, 01:18 AM
Post #11

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

dammit, i knew this's what'd happen to the forum...................
well, cya missy, jus try and remember how the forum USED to be with only like 150-ish members in it sad.gif

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 16 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

i'm sorry you feel that way =/

i always liked reading your posts because you always seemed to have something interesting to say.

i know i'm pretty new around here..and heh i'm sorry if i happened to be one of the people who caused you to get burnt out on this forum--never meant to. and if i'm not, well then i'm sure those who did never meant to either. they were just trying to have fun, i suppose.

anyway, take care, and i hope sometime in the future you decide to return.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 16 2003, 01:20 AM
Post #13

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

Please......In your wisdom of being here for so long, let not the past spam kill off your matazone spirit. If we all work together, we can get rid of unneeded spam and we all will be happy again.

Don't let things fall apart.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Jun 16 2003, 02:10 AM
Post #14

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

missy, don't take away the fansite. plz it's too great and you worked too hard for it to just dissapear like that
(last post, btw)

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jun 16 2003, 03:11 AM
Post #15

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Member No.: 40

sad.gif just simply sad.gif

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jun 16 2003, 03:55 AM
Post #16

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

This is where I would make a long post about why you shouldn't leave.

But I have no right to say it, I know. Missy, I just started actually talking to you, and it really fecking blows that now you're ditching this excuse for what used to be. Because, you're a great person. You're loads of fun to talk to, funny, entertaining, and really sweet when it comes down to it. You have every reason to be upset about what's going on. Every single reason. And really, I don't want you to go. I would grab your ankles and cry and make a hissy fit if I could. But I have no damn right, and it sucks.

I'd imagine after your departure a bunch of others will leave. And the forum itself will collapse into an abyss of spam and others feeling the burnout, and pretty soon, just a couple people will be posting. Then I think it'll start again, and those few newbies will become the old folks like you are to me. Kind of sad, and really depressing.. but it's only a semi-decent prediction. I love these forums. I love the people I've met on the forums. You, Fuzzy, InKy, LoLo, Debbie, Cheez, Leo, Jaq you guys mean so much to me, you don't even know. Someone out there's reading this and thinking, " On a forum? Hah. " Well good for you. But people don't have a handle on what they feel, and I'm no exception.

I'm probably going to burnout after you all leave too. I'm going to sulk a few days in IRC, make one or two posts a day, and eventually not come around so much. Then maybe not at all. But for the love of God, somebody here has to stay. In the people listed above, somebody fecking stay. That's the only thing that's keeping this thing even on a damn thread. No pun intended. That's all.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jun 16 2003, 07:03 AM
Post #17

Light On The Surface

Member No.: 91

Well, we've already talked this through in IRC. I hear and understand your reasons, and as such I respect them.

Take a break, if that's what you need - hey, it works for me! But, if and when you feel ready, know that you'll be welcomed back with open arms by many people who've missed you.

Just don't disappear altogether, OK? I do't think I could deal with that...

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
poppa.moo
post Jun 16 2003, 07:37 AM
Post #18

Phlurp!

Member No.: 119

I'm so sorry to hear that missy. You have always been one of the big time postersto me. I remember when i first joined, i didn't know the attitude of the forum, and saw you as one of the 'bigger' people, who knew a lot, and would help anyone out. I had, and still have great respect for you, and will miss you loads. Here's hoping things get sorted and you can come back soon. xxx
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
And when I vest my flashing sword,
And my hand takes hold in judgment
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies
And I will repay those who hase me.
O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand,
And count me among Thy Saints.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 16 2003, 09:23 AM
Post #19

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

*sigh*

This is exactly the sort of thing I've been narked about for a while... This is also why I've been a bit heavy on the anti-spam front recently too... I'm gettin tired of people leavin this place, especially those who made it the great place to be that it was, an not the spam-infested nonsense it is becomin.

The time has come to effect a change round here! I know that some of ya will go "Yeah, easy fer you to say, Mr Mod!", but I reckon those of us who really care about this place won't let it descend any further. We can all make an effort here - it doesn't need me to send PMs to people askin them to stop spam. It takes nothin to PM someone if you're cross wi them, rather than havin it out in open forum. And remember the golden rule, if ya have nothin to say, then say nothin... "It's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

Missy has been a major player here, an seein her go like this is not good! Let's put the brakes on this now!

Missy, it's really sad to see ya go, honey. A lot of us really appreciate yer efforts, an we do like havin ya around. I can understand yer reasons for goin (although I don't have the full SP on that) but I think you'd be instrumental in helpin change things here. I hope ya come back soon, we're all gonna miss ya...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
nordelen
post Jun 16 2003, 09:52 AM
Post #20

the monitor lizzards are coming!

Member No.: 299

i would like to say this simple message to MistressAlti: im sorry. i know that i am one of the irrelivent posters. i will try to clean up my act. (i'm not being sarcastic by the way).

--------------------
let me FIND a lifestyle before you judge me on it

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jun 16 2003, 09:54 AM
Post #21

I live again......

Member No.: 358

Well I am one person who wants to help stop spam in any way I can. I mean something has to be done here. We dont want this place to fall apart and we are starting to lose people over it,thats not right. We should all be working towards ridding this place of so much useless spam and only post relivent things. I am almost tempted to PM Mata and ask for his advice in this because I do not wish to see anyone leave here especailly not Missy or Katii. Not like this......not like this....... sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
spuglet
post Jun 16 2003, 12:29 PM
Post #22

I don't need no stinkin' title

Member No.: 38

i never have realised what the fuss is in taking this so seriousley, i am anti spam but its never bothered me that much.
i hope recent changes in the forums will help persuade you to stay though missy, just stay in the discussion forums or something, because you really will be missed and i dont want you to go

--------------------
I'll sleep when i'm alive and live when i'm dead.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jun 16 2003, 12:30 PM
Post #23

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

I'd be very sad to see you go. I hope you come back and give it another go with the changes I've put in place!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 16 2003, 01:22 PM
Post #24

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

Well, I'll be damned.

I got up this morning, wandered downstairs, and did my habitual log-in. And I see the forums.

blink.gif

QUOTE (Mata @ Jun 16 2003, 06:50 AM)
Well after reading Missy's thread I decided to go ahead and do it.

Tell me - what am I supposed to think of that? Mata just implemented a whole system of change... because of me?

No, I don't really believe that he did it because of me, really; I'm sure the idea's been floating around in his brilliant mind for a while now, and my departure just pushed it over the into reality, if anything, but...

The fact that Mata cared enough to do that strikes a chord with me. What this means as far as forum usage has yet to be determined.

A few notes in response to people's notes in here:

To cheese, elf, nordelen, and anyone else who thinks they're "to blame": Stop it. There's no sense in people blaming themselves for my leaving - especially when those that should be sorry probably won't be.

To InKy: You know I could never be far off from you. We'll still talk, regardless of what happens here. You are very close to my heart. <3<3<3

To the "older posters", you know who you are: Keep the memories alive. See if maybe there's a way to re-capture the spirit of the old forum. Maybe others won't have to leave then.

To gerbil: the fansite will be restored sometime today. I'm still a Matazone fan, no matter what, and I've decided that I'm not going to let this forum dictate whether I run it or not. I do not, however, apologize for anything said on the front page right now.

With all that said, I'll be in and out today, but I will probably not be posting.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jun 16 2003, 06:58 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 374

*hugs Mis* I sorry, I haven't been to most intelligent person on here. sad.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 05:40 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!