IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I'm Gonna Be An Uncle!, Scary, ain't it?
Righteous
post Jun 17 2003, 10:18 PM
Post #1

Shut up, noob!

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 367

Last night, my brother Tim (16) informed me that his girlfriend Dawn is pregnant and he's the father. I was so happy for him. He's so exited. He was talking about how this gives him something to worry about other than himself and how he's going to dedicate himself 100% to his kid (who he says will probably be a boy because his family [he's adopted] rarely, if ever, has daughters). He started talking about his career goals and what not and we were all happy and exited, so to celebrate, he and I smoked a bowl. While we were smoking, we were talking about family and how much we want to be dads and what not and I started crying when he started talking about this one Staind song about Aaron Lewis's daughter because it's just like how Tim is.

Sorry. I'm rambling.

Anyhow, I'm going to be an uncle and I'm very happy about it and I hope that God blesses them even more than He already has. He's gonna be an awesome dad and I'm gonna be an awesome uncle.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Jun 17 2003, 10:22 PM
Post #2

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

Cripes! Cool!

Best thing about other peoples children is that when they have tired you out you can give them back tongue.gif

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jun 17 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

QUOTE (Righteous @ Jun 17 2003, 03:18 PM)
Last night, my brother Tim (16) informed me that his girlfriend Dawn is pregnant and he's the father. I was so happy for him. He's so exited. He was talking about how this gives him something to worry about other than himself and how he's going to dedicate himself 100% to his kid (who he says will probably be a boy because his family [he's adopted] rarely, if ever, has daughters). He started talking about his career goals and what not and we were all happy and exited, so to celebrate, he and I smoked a bowl. While we were smoking, we were talking about family and how much we want to be dads and what not and I started crying when he started talking about this one Staind song about Aaron Lewis's daughter because it's just like how Tim is.

Sorry. I'm rambling.

Anyhow, I'm going to be an uncle and I'm very happy about it and I hope that God blesses them even more than He already has. He's gonna be an awesome dad and I'm gonna be an awesome uncle.

Yay! Awesome for you. You'll make a good 'un. =) Mine decided not to tell me she was, and now I'm re-shaping her child with capabilities of world domination. Jaq's gonna' be proud of me, mhm. =P Well, more I just sneak her candy when her mom's being an arse.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 17 2003, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Shut up, noob!

Thanks. I'm so proud of Tim. I know he's young, but I think he's ready for it. I know if I wasn't ready at his age (and thank God there are no little mes running around), but Tim is special. I love him so much. I just can't wait 'til the baby comes. biggrin.gif I'll keep you guys postet on what he'll name him/her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Jun 17 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

congrats!

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
poppa.moo
post Jun 17 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #6

Phlurp!

Member No.: 119

Being an uncle is cool, but being a dad is better, it really sorts your head out, in where you wanna go in life. It's great. I was scared sh*less at first, but once i overcame the initial shock, iwas enjoying it. My daughter is now nearly 16 months old, and she is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Congratulations to you and your brother Righteous. Good Luck For The Future.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
And when I vest my flashing sword,
And my hand takes hold in judgment
I will take vengeance upon mine enemies
And I will repay those who hase me.
O Lord, raise me to Thy right hand,
And count me among Thy Saints.

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jun 17 2003, 10:51 PM
Post #7

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

im an uncle... my oldest brother has a few kids... its a great feeling... its weird for me to have children actually look up to me though... but its great, and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world

congratz to you and your brother biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 17 2003, 10:54 PM
Post #8

~才Sanity Impaired since 1986~才

Member No.: 82

Congrats!

You're lucky, My sister decided not to have children so I can't be an aunt sad.gif On the bright side though when im ready and of course old enough, children will definitely be in my plans along with career smile.gif So i can get back at my sis and she can be the aunt laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 17 2003, 11:19 PM
Post #9

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

YAY! Congrats to you and your bro! Kids are wonderful things!

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jun 18 2003, 12:07 AM
Post #10

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

Congratulations! I love being an aunt... it's alot of fun! hehe smile.gif

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 18 2003, 02:43 AM
Post #11

Lucky duck indeed happy.gif

I have to say 16 is young, but if he is ready for the responsibility then he is entitled to it. Be careful though, I heard babies born from mothers under 20 have a greater chance of developing genetic probs like down syndome. Watch for it and make sure u get her screened, just say Rebecca said so wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
elf
post Jun 18 2003, 03:23 AM
Post #12

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

Mm... I'm 13 and I'm an aunt of a 14-year-old... *shrug* =P

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 18 2003, 07:57 AM
Post #13

Shut up, noob!

The same thing happened to my mom who has an uncle younger than her. She said it was interesting having her uncle as a playmate growing up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LindyLouWho
post Jun 18 2003, 07:58 AM
Post #14

Twizted Cereal Killin Ninjette

Member No.: 354

dang thats crazy, congrats though Ri and umm dont spoil the kid too much ^,^

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 18 2003, 09:07 AM
Post #15

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Awww, that's really great, righteous! smile.gif

I became an uncle about 6 months ago (me sister in law had a son) an he's adorable!! Still dun want me own though...

I'm sure you'll be a fab uncle, dude!

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 18 2003, 05:22 PM
Post #16

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

wow, congrats. smile.gif and tigerlily is right about the genetic probs thing, btw.

i'm also going to be an aunt, in a month (we just found out a few days ago). my brother-in-law's gf is 8 months pregnant. he's only 17 and has dropped out of high school. he is not ready for the responsibility, so the family is less than thrilled. =/

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jun 18 2003, 10:34 PM
Post #17

I live again......

Member No.: 358

Congradulations top you and your brother. I hope they are hapyp and healthy for a long long time. Make sure to keep us posted on how they are doing. The guy I work with is 17 and he has a kid, he is 4 months old and he sounds cute. My best friend is also an uncle and hes 15, I wanna be an uncle to *sigh*

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 19 2003, 04:21 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (reaper @ Jun 18 2003, 06:34 PM)
Congradulations top you and your brother. I hope they are hapyp and healthy for a long long time. Make sure to keep us posted on how they are doing. The guy I work with is 17 and he has a kid, he is 4 months old and he sounds cute. My best friend is also an uncle and hes 15, I wanna be an uncle to *sigh*

Maybe ask your bro if he's interested in being an uncle there love wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 20 2003, 04:01 AM
Post #19

Shut up, noob!

My mom told me that Tim told her about the baby and she took it kind of well. She said that at least it was with Dawn, but she's not looking optamistically toward the whole thing. She thinks they'll end up like my uncle and his high school girlfriend, who now onl meet every few years at court. I think that Tim and Dawn are gonna get married and live happily ever after and I stand by it. Tim is an awesome, devoted guy and Dawn is a sweet, sensible girl and they'll make a great couple.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jun 20 2003, 11:28 PM
Post #20

Well if they both good people who are responsible and wonderful as you say so, then you know soulmates like that will be alright in this crazy thing called real life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jun 21 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #21

I live again......

Member No.: 358

I am proud of the guy i work with. his name is zack and I am sure I have already told you about him, well he is working hard to make a living so he can support his girlfriend and there child and not runniny away from it like lots of guys would. To methats a true man but thats off topic. I am glad she took it kinda well and I think they will be together for a long while

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 22 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #22

Shut up, noob!

I asked Tim recently what he wants to do when he gets older. He said he wants to start his own business, either a restaurant or a tatoo parlor. He can cook really well and he's a pretty good artist. I told him if he starts a parlor, I'd ink with him.

BTW- He found these apartments that charge rent based on your income. It would be perfect for him and Dawn (who after three months, still doesn't look pregnant).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 22 2003, 08:33 PM
Post #23

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

women rarely look pregnant after just three months....unless they're like my friend caitlin, who had twins and got ENOURMOUS, lmao.

anyway, i live in apartments that change rent based on income, aka: the projects...lol. the ones i live in are actually really nice, since it's a small town and all. well, there are a few questionable people, but all in all it's still way nicer than our old building in harlem. it's great for us since i'm going to college, and they can't charge us for anything my school gives me in grants for living expenses (woo!). and your brother and his gf will probably get a break in their rent once the baby comes since there will be an extra mouth to feed (i think that's how it works where i live, at least, i dunno precisely since i have no children yet..and well don't plan on it till after i'm out of college and out of this place).

also, if they make little enough to qualify for rent-based housing, they may want to look into whether they qualify for free (or at least low-cost) health insurance. i don't know how things work in other states, but we have a plan here that all oregonians who make less than a certain amount qualify for.

oh also, are they going to get married? if they want to attend college, that makes it much easier since they'll only have to list a spouse's income when they apply for financial aid, they won't have to list their parents. also, i would highly recommend they try distance ed (through an accredited college, not one of those ones you see on TV commercials, of course). i do that now, and it's great to plan my own schedule....i can only imagine how much easier it would make going to school while raising a kid.

wow, i'm just full of advice today, aren't i? lol.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jun 22 2003, 08:55 PM
Post #24

Shut up, noob!

Thanks for the advice Candi. I'll talk to Tim and Dawn about low-cost health insurance. They're gonna need it for when the baby comes around. And yes, they are going to get married, though when they don't know. Tim's probably just going to take a few minor business courses at the community college, but as for dawn, I don't know. I'll relay that info back to them.

Thanks for being so supportive and loving, you guys. It really means a lot to all of us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MAtt
post Jun 22 2003, 09:06 PM
Post #25

I am perpetually confused.

Member No.: 32

QUOTE (Righteous @ Jun 17 2003, 03:18 PM)

Sorry. I'm rambling.

tell "Dawn" to get an abortion. Nobody that young should have a kid. Also if she is gonna have a kid she should refrain from drugs and alcohol.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 02:03 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!