IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Signatures, erm..just a suggestion. :)
Phyllis
post Jun 27 2003, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

okay, i've just been noticing the abundance of newbies who really like big BIG sigs....w/ huge pics and tons of text. that has to be a hassle for mods to take care of, so i was thinking maybe there should be a thread somewhere in this section that lists the maximum size image you should have in your sig (and the fact that it should probably only be one image...well, at least i think so anyhow) and a suggestion to keep text under a certain amount of characters or make it really small.

just a thought. smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 27 2003, 10:54 PM
Post #2

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Oh, it's not just noobs. Never has been.

The problem lies in that every case is too much different... it'd be hard to set down real specific rules on what is appropriate...

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 27 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

oh i know it's not just the noobs..lol

but i dunno..thought maybe it'd help to have maybe some guidelines that ppl see whenever they first join the forums....like really really long sigs shouldn't be double spaced in the biggest font available..lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 27 2003, 11:04 PM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Isn't that, uh, common sense though?

Okay, maybe not, but... blink.gif

I understand your concern about sigs, but I guess I don't see the problem nearly as much as you do... I think things used to be a lot worse "back in the day".

Go find an LoD sig and you'll see what I mean.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 27 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

they were worse? blink.gif

good lord.

i'm just getting sick of all the ones w/ really HUGE pics and the story of their life written double spaced...lol. i wish it was common sense to put a really long sig into small type, but apparently it isn't.

but at the same time...i don't wanna take the sig option off....cause a lot of ppl have bearable sigs..that are sometimes even interesting..lol.

quite the conundrum.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 27 2003, 11:16 PM
Post #6

ever-hopeful since 2003

Yeah, they were worse. At one time. There used to be a lot more, er, clubs and such that people would shove into their sigs... I did it too...

And I do echo your concern about not wanting to turn off the sigs, but not wanting to deal with outrageous ones at the same time...

I personally re-format my sig about once a week-ish. I match colours and stuff like that (because I'm strange...) and I don't like to think that no one even notices these things because they have sigs blocked.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 27 2003, 11:29 PM
Post #7

Candbrush Threepwood

yeah exactly. and lol i notice that ya change the colors on your sig...it always coordinates quite nicely w/ whatever av you happen to be wearing. tongue.gif

ooo maybe...there could be a limit on how many centimeters long your sig could be...lol hrm but then we'd all need to keep rulers handy. but seriously...some sigs on here (erm don't wanna name any names...don't wanna be mean) take up the entire screen. so i dunno....it is hard to set limits, but there's gotta be something that is do-able, i think.

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 27 2003, 11:42 PM
Post #8

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Yep cand - everyone's sig was massive at one time... we had clubs, n00bs, anti-n00bs, minions, anti-minions, vodka imps, clubs, quotable quotes, e-partners, song dedications... We had 'em all!!

Then everyone went on a mass siggy cull, cos they got too much. Some shrunk 'em down to teeny point sizes (see prezgfish). Some condensed em down to almost nothin (see inky). Some deleted everythin except the important stuff an recent event (see, erm, mine!)

I think siggy length can be limited, but it's beyond the power of a mod... I think it needs the uber-awesome Admin power to do that kinda thing...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 28 2003, 12:22 AM
Post #9

Candbrush Threepwood

yeah, that's how it is most places, leo.

i didn't mean like..set a specific limit on length...but maybe just guidelines...like if your sig is over x amount of letters, then it should be in -1 font size and single spaced? *shrug*

and i personally think there should be definite limits on how big the image in your sig can be, and how many of em ya can have.

but, lol..maybe that's just me. *shrug*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jun 28 2003, 12:36 AM
Post #10

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

Yeah, I always colour coordinate my sig, av, and tag. I don't like the idea that some people cant see mine, because I suppose its bearable and pretty organized. However, if my tag and sig are too big, feel free to tell me!

LoD sig - mutant sig

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 28 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

no syuu, yours is just fine! in fact, when i went to go make myself an image for my sig...i screen capped yours so i could see how big it was, since i thought it was the perfect size...lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 28 2003, 04:55 AM
Post #12

ever-hopeful since 2003

QUOTE (candice @ Jun 27 2003, 06:29 PM)
yeah exactly.  and lol i notice that ya change the colors on your sig...it always coordinates quite nicely w/ whatever av you happen to be wearing. tongue.gif

Thank you, thank you.
I'm glad people notice - trust me, it's the only thing colour-coordinated that I can manage. I have yet to figure out the difference between jet black and midnight black, and I wear both frequently. blink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (leopold @ Jun 27 2003, 06:42 PM)
Then everyone went on a mass siggy cull, cos they got too much.  Some shrunk 'em down to teeny point sizes (see prezgfish).  Some condensed em down to almost nothin (see inky).  Some deleted everythin except the important stuff an recent event (see, erm, mine!)

And some of us have sigs that barely relate to anything relevant... happy.gif

QUOTE (syuu @ Jun 27 2003, 07:36 PM)
Yeah, I always colour coordinate my sig, av, and tag. I don't like the idea that some people cant see mine, because I suppose its bearable and pretty organized. However, if my tag and sig are too big, feel free to tell me!
LoD sig - mutant sig

LMAO. I could comment further, but LoD bashing, although fun, is against forum etiquette.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 11:47 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!