Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fireworks And The City, BLAH!!
everlasting gods...
post Jun 30 2003, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 274

I can't tell if I am being shot at or if someone is celebrating the soon coming Fourth of July. I need some full riot gear or something. biggrin.gif

--------------------
(insert witty comment here)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 30 2003, 05:57 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

gah...my neighbor's kids are like, 10 or 11..and they've been playing w/ fireworks for the past week or so. it drives me nuts. they are little idiots who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything that burns or explodes.

i fear for the safety of our car.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
sizzlieswix
post Jun 30 2003, 06:03 PM
Post #3

oiled and fried ...like chicken

Member No.: 407

ooo...fireworks.... smile.gif ...the little firecrackers i agree are extrememly annoying...in fact ...hehehe i've been guilty of letting some loose in my day...but the fireworks on fourth of july are mezmorizing...er however you spell it...

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 30 2003, 07:41 PM
Post #4

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Oh dear... fireworks...

Please dun get me started on these. Suffice to say, I think they need to be banned from everywhere but official displays, an ya should have a pyrotechnics license to use 'em.

I've seen the mess after careless use of fireworks... not pretty sad.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Jun 30 2003, 08:03 PM
Post #5

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

Hmm...

I must be lucky. We're not allowed to have fireworks in our city. Right outside city limits there are a ton of Firework Stands, and there are about ten cop cars at each site guarding them.

I think about my street...dear God...if just one of the crazy little hooligans lurking about got hold of some of those exploding patriot whatchamidoozies...

sad.gif Fear, pain...much death... sad.gif

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jun 30 2003, 09:05 PM
Post #6

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

the little cretins who live in my apartment building got ahold of bottle rockets. blink.gif

these are illegal in oregon. but they are not illegal in washington or idaho, which both border us.

this leads me to the conclusion that their irresponsible parents who never watch them must have gotten them these projectile death sticks.

i am not pleased. if i see them setting them off again, there will be a call made to the police. they only did one before, and i'm hoping it's the only one that they had.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jun 30 2003, 10:19 PM
Post #7

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

The roof of my mother's house was burned off one year by a stray neighborhood bottle rocket.

I dislike fireworks in the city limits.

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jun 30 2003, 10:43 PM
Post #8

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I agree fireworks are dangerous in the city... especially with little kids dry.gif But I love fireworks displays... they're so beautiful!!!

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jun 30 2003, 10:58 PM
Post #9

I live again......

Member No.: 358

I think fireworks should only be handled by responsable adults. We are not aloud to have heavy duty fireworks here but the ones we do have, you have to be like 18 to buy and you should be atleast that to use them. Kids should not be aloud to ooperate firworks,especailly unsupervised

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jun 30 2003, 11:04 PM
Post #10

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Jun 30 2003, 11:43 PM)
But I love fireworks displays... they're so beautiful!!!

Ooooh, yeah! I love the big organised ones that last for ages! They're so impressive, I can watch 'em forever...

What I hate watchin, though, is gangs of kids throwin bangers at each other. I mean, how stupid???

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
oobunnie
post Jun 30 2003, 11:32 PM
Post #11

''Am'nt I the cutest ickle bunny?'' asmodeus

Member No.: 64

We are gunna have a huge public display for July 1st (Canada Day, so yeah july 4th but in canada sort of a thing), I dont think people here can be bothered to get there own fireworks to tell you the truth. I suppose we just arent that patriotic. But i got myself a form a firework, well maybe its not a firework but its great fun anyway. Happy poppers are the way of the future, you twist the botom and shinny confetti and streams come blastin out the top. If you squint your eyes a little it looks like a fire work. ermm really laugh.gif

--------------------
Heaven has a road, but no one travels it; Hell has no gate but men will dig to get there. ~Chinese Proverb
I am the Ickle Mascot of Ish
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jul 1 2003, 02:45 AM
Post #12

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

i look foward to playing with fire... and fire works laugh.gif

anyways... yeah... fireworks are cool... not because they are all patriotic.. but because they are bright and are hot...

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Jul 1 2003, 08:11 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 374

Fireworks *drooolll* Me and a couple of guys are going down to south carolina tomorrow around 8 am. Hopefully, it'll be so early the cops will be sluggish and not chase after us. It's happened before. dry.gif Anyways, we're a big fan of explosions, cuz we live in the middle of BFE and there's nothing to do.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 1 2003, 08:19 PM
Post #14

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

Yay Canada day! Gonna see explody thingmawhicits and mingle wif all the people on the river bank and stare at the crazy people then realize we're staring at ourselves. Yay!! I loooove fireworks. Shiny and explodey with big noises.

Yah...I won't watch any action movies because they're too low brow but put me in front of what basically amounts to a fire in the sky and I'm set for the night.

We used to have sparklers when we were kids, but other than that we've never had fireworks at home. Oh, except for the time my dad and uncle put off some on New Years. The professional displays are much cheaper, better and less dangerous. Also you get to mingle with the crazies. Oh so fun.

p.s. yay fireworks. tongue.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 1 2003, 11:01 PM
Post #15

I live again......

Member No.: 358

Fireworks are GREAT biggrin.gif. I had to work today, I know WORK ON CANADA DAY *gasp*.I did get Monday off instead and it was nice having the long weekend even though I didnt have any fireworks *sighs*

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
espresso_bean
post Jul 1 2003, 11:10 PM
Post #16

come run with me

Member No.: 410

i can't wait for the 4'th personally. goin downtown on the portland waterfront and watching all the glitteries. besides, i don't sleep at night, so the late-night firecrackes don't bug me. i feel sorry for all the families and old couples around here though.

--------------------
connoiseur of myriad caffeine based liquids,queen of spades humanitarian solitarian, chester's e-sis, interpretive dancer, painter, wielder of the leaping irish nudists, pseudo-ballerina, opera-singer extraordinaire, franz kafka groupie, flirter, hand shaker, sculptor, theatre set designer, robert smith's secret lover, sizzlie's e-spouse ,official uber barista of the league of -ish. but above all this, i am Alicia. [sig chopped by Mata]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 11:45 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!