Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update On My Job
LoLo
post Jul 8 2003, 05:14 PM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm annoyed with this place seriously. I just can't work up the nads to actually call and quit because I'm too afraid to be unemployed again.

I think some of you got to hear my worst day of all when they picked on me to no end. After that day though the picking on me has stopped. Perhaps they saw that I was about to blow up and decided to back off. I don't know. Although I did get yelled at for something the next day that I worked after the picking on LoLo session. So for those of you who didn't hear bout this here it is:

There were 5 of us working that day. I got sent on my lunch, which by the way I never eat lunch because when I first started working there they pushed me so much to eat lunch it became a personal quest to not eat it. lol. So when I come back from lunch someone runs and goes and gets everyone working some food. Well they decided that since I had already taken my lunch they would leave me on the floor and they would all go eat their lunch while it was hot. So I'm sitting behind the counter pricing stuff (this is a mindless task I seem to do everyday that I'm there), but I'm fine cause I have nothing else to do. Then suddenly it gets busy. Busy = 10 people in the store (I'm used to busy = 50+ people in a store). So they come out and tell me not to price things anymore, that they want me to go help all the customers. Their policy though is don't hassle the customers, just ask them if they need help then walk away if they don't. So I go around and help everyone which took me no time at all. So I go back behind the counter and start pricing again. They come out and yell at me for pricing because it's busy, they want me to go and watch the customers. (I've been working retail since I was 18 and I can sit behind a counter with my back turned, and tell you how many people are in the store and where they are. I've worked retail way too long.) Anyways so I go out and start doing laps around the store, so then they come out and tell me I shouldn't be going to the front of the store, that I need to stay just up by the counter. So I stay by the counter, then they come out and get upset because I'm not doing anything, and tell me to restock this stuff and ask me if I know where the backstock is in the closet. I say yeah I do, and then I go make a list of what I need to pull from the closet. So I go back there and start pulling things, and they tell me not to get stuff out of the closet to pull from the boxes behind what I'm restocking. Why the hell did they ask me if I knew where the closet was? So I do that and it takes me a couple mins and then I'm left with nothing to do again. They get upset with me for not doing anything again, so I just start making sure labels are all facing out and pushing stuff around on shelves to make it look like I'm straightening. Then one comes out and says, "Are you having fun yet?" and I just stared at her. I don't know if you know this but I have a rather scary looking straight face, which gets worse when I'm actually angry. Shortly after this they all come back and I get a talking to for not putting these boxes away that I had been working on, and they kept telling me they would show me where they went later. So they show me where they went and I put them all away. I don't recall how many people asked me, "Are you ok?" and I just snipped at them all, "Yes I'm fine." After this I took off my apron and said I'm taking a break. It took everything in my being to not tell them to make up their *$@%ing minds on what I should do.

The next day I worked, I got a talking to for leaving the floor unattended with customers in the store. That makes sense, but I've seen them all do it thousands of times before so I thought it was ok.

Yesterday I was asked to lie for my boss. It was just something stupid and silly, and I do understand why she wanted me to do it and I understand the situation that caused it seeing as I've been involved in it before myself. Thing is it was about something that she gave every employee working that day but me. Oh well, I really couldn't care less about "belonging" here.

To top it off I asked if I could possibly leave early on my grandma's birthday so I won't be late to her birthday celebration, and she got kind of snippy with me for even asking. She told me before that if I had family events or anything to let her know cause family is important. I guess it's because my grandma's b-day celebration lands on their bussiest day of the year, next to x-mas eve.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 8 2003, 07:19 PM
Post #2

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

blarg @ all of them.

there shall be fisticuffs if they don't stop all that crap soon! it's just so ridiculous...makes me wanna beat them up..lol.

if i had a business and i lived down there, i'd hire ya just to get ya away from that place. mad.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 8 2003, 07:49 PM
Post #3

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Hmmmm, sounds like yer enjoyin yer job as much as I'm enjoyin mine...

/me hugs lo

Ne'mind honey, I'm sure you'll find summat better soon enough.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Jul 8 2003, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Group: New Members
Member No.: 29

Aww, im sorry to hear about all that, Lo, i'm sure you'll find a better enviroment to work in eventually that you'll be happy in. smile.gif

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jul 8 2003, 09:44 PM
Post #5

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I'm with everyone else on this... I hope you find another job that you'll be happier at soon! With how sweet all of those people sound *cough*, it's no wonder they have had so much trouble keeping a new employee.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 8 2003, 09:56 PM
Post #6

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Sounds like an accute case of sh1ty management...that's what it's like in mcdonalds (well the one i worked in)...unless they need you, then you're their most favorite person in the entire universe ever short of only themselves....

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Jul 8 2003, 10:08 PM
Post #7

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

that's awful lolo sad.gif you don't deserve the crap they're giving you, and they don't deserve to work in that store. i hope you find a job with nicer ppl than them and i suggest telling them exactly what you feel on your last day

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 8 2003, 11:14 PM
Post #8

I live again......

Member No.: 358

*hugs lolo* Sorry to hear about how shitty there treating you at work. There right you do not deserve that crap at all.Speaking as a person who has delt with retarded people i have worked with in my previous jobs, such as them. I say if you dont like the job then you should look for a better one. That way you only have to put up with that crap until you are in the door at another job and that way you don't have to worry about being unemployed. Another way of doing thjings is to talk to your Boss about how they have been treating you. I hope things work out for ya, you are really nice and you do not deserve the bullshit they hand you like that.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 8 2003, 11:41 PM
Post #9

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Lolo, you don't need that shit trust me. Ok that is a decent reason that you are scared to be unemployed....but seriously don't you think that would be better than putting up with those clowns before you rip them to pieces?

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 9 2003, 12:03 AM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Jul 8 2003, 04:41 PM)
Lolo, you don't need that shit trust me. Ok that is a decent reason that you are scared to be unemployed....but seriously don't you think that would be better than putting up with those clowns before you rip them to pieces?

If I go back on unemployment I only have 2 months before it runs out. As it is it took 7 for me to even get this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Jul 9 2003, 02:11 AM
Post #11

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 15

now THAT'S unfair mad.gif stuck at a job where the ppl're a**holes only cause the alternative is worse. i feel for ya lolo sad.gif

+Quote Post
porcelainwarrior
post Jul 9 2003, 04:43 PM
Post #12

not forgotten

Member No.: 323

i found something for the wonderful Lolo ...

A Prayer For The Stressed

Grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those i murdered today because they got on my nerves.
And, also help me to be careful of the toes I tread on today because they mat be connected to the feet i have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me always to give 100% at work ....
12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on Wednesday
20% on Thursday
and 5% on Friday

And help me to remember ...
When I am having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth

--------------------
Little solace comes to those who grieve
When thoughts keep drifting
As walls keep shifting
And this great blue world of ours
Seems a
house of leaves

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Jul 9 2003, 05:53 PM
Post #13

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jul 9 2003, 05:43 PM)

Grant me the serenity to accept the things i cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those i murdered today because they got on my nerves.
And, also help me to be careful of the toes I tread on today because they mat be connected to the feet i have to kiss tomorrow.

12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on Wednesday
20% on Thursday
and 5% on Friday

When I am having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up, it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile and only 4 to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth

thats the spirit.... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 9 2003, 05:57 PM
Post #14

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (porcelainwarrior @ Jul 9 2003, 09:43 AM)

12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on Wednesday
20% on Thursday
and 5% on Friday

Thanks PW that was hilarious........lol

I've heard the smile frown thing before....people tell me it when they tell me to smile.....I always reply with....I'm getting more of a workout this way.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 03:54 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!