Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Random Acts Of Kindness
LoLo
post Jul 11 2003, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

So yesterday I was at work and this lady did something that was really little but really nice, and made my day pretty much. For those who don't know I've had a rather bad stomach ache the last few days. Yesterday being the worst out of all the days. I went to work anyways because I can't afford not to, and I'm not yet back on unemployment lol. My boss and co-workers were nice not to bitch at me for not doing customer service and just sitting behind the counter pricing things, and ringing people up. That there was a nice change lol. So this woman comes up and buys some stuff then asks me to wrap it for her. We offer wrapping for a dollar, and so I did. She hands me a dollar and says, "Thank you it looks wonderful, this is your tip." I was shocked no one tips clerks in retail. That was just so nice.

Anyways I wanted to know if anyone else has had an experience such as this, or if they've done something nice for other people, for no reason whatsoever.

Moral to my story is: Treating people like they are actually appreciated is rare, doing it can make someone's day.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Jul 11 2003, 06:34 PM
Post #2

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Group: New Members
Member No.: 29

Everytime a see a homeless person and even if I just have a cent I have to give it to them. To not do that and realise and then spend it on a sweet or something is just kind of low to me......

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jul 11 2003, 06:47 PM
Post #3

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 80

It's amazing how the little things can really make somebody's day...

My history teacher my first year in college... everyone hated him. I heard before the class started how awful he is because practically everyone got like 30s on his essay tests.... lol but I loved his class. You could just tell how much he loved teaching history... he would get so into it.. raising his fist and wrinkling up his face.... lol He was the only person who ever really got me to like history... until his class, all I ever did was memorize the facts, take the test, and forget 'em all again... I didn't go talk to him until a full semester after I had finished his class... I just decided to stop by his office and tell him that I think he's a wonderful teacher and how much I enjoyed his class... aw, his whole face just lit up... I think to know that somebody really appreciated him... smile.gif Everyone wants to feel appreciated... I think if somebody does something nice or makes a difference in your life.. even just telling that person "Thank you" can mean a lot.

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Jul 11 2003, 06:55 PM
Post #4

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

well if i ever feel bad people usually try to comfort me but everytime they do i feel worse and as though i don't need their pity but later i look back on it and think "that should have made me feel better"

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 11 2003, 09:19 PM
Post #5

Kiefer > Jason

I remember this one time some random person came into the music store when I still worked there. He was in a rush and very distraut because the last bus for the day was about to pull up and he didn't have a dollar to get on the bus. He asked me if he could please borrow a dollar so he could get home. I put down the gummi shark I was munching on and reached into my pocket to get my wallet and gave the guy a dollar, never expecting that I would get it back. He was so appreciative of my "loaning" him the dollar to get home that the next week he came in with a large bag of gummi sharks for me (a bag that size costs about 8 dollars at the candy store) and the dollar to give me back.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 11 2003, 09:51 PM
Post #6

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

Wow, Lo, that last example was particularly cool. How keen of the guy to actually pick up on the fact that you were eating gummy sharks and then to remember you later on for the favor you did, especially if he was in a rush to catch the bus at the time. smile.gif That is very, very cool.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 11 2003, 11:05 PM
Post #7

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

I remember back in the day when I was like in Grade four, this little kid that was like in grade 1 scraped her knee was crying like crazy. The teacher couldn't quiet her down. Well luckily I had bandaids in my backpack and handed her a couple. The teacher was impressed and the little girl stopped crying. I wish I remembered her but she remembered me. Next few days after that she saw me and would wave and say "hi Becca".

Another incident was when I had so many suckers that i took a bag with me to school to share. People I didn't like I gave suckers to. They were really surprised and flattered. One my way home a lil girl being like 3 was crying. same kind of incident and the lil girl wouldnt move from the sidewalk so i handed a sucker and said "hope ya feel better, lets see a smile" and she smiled and said thank you and the mother smiled at me as I walked home.

I can't really recall any experience that I got the same kind of treatment.

But I always like hepling friends out however, even little kids to make them feel better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Industrial Kybos...
post Jul 11 2003, 11:13 PM
Post #8

Light On The Surface

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 91

I remember on incident whilst I was teaching. One of my classes at my first school was absolutely awful - utter bunch of bastards. The day of my last ever lesson with them finally arrived, and their usual teacher suggested that they thank me, which most of them did reluctantly. However, one boy came over to my desk, shook my hand, and said "Good luck at your next school".

It was so disarmingly genuine and kind, and as such it really brightened up my day.

--------------------
the
end
is
nice

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Jul 12 2003, 05:17 PM
Post #9

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

I buy the Big Issue whenever I can and usually try to give the person selling it some extra money and also have a conversation with them cos it seems that most people just ignore them and it's nice give someone the feeling of someone wanting to talk to you and having some interest in you. A homeless person came up to me one time while I was shopping and asked for some change, the smallest thing I had was 10 so I gave it to him.

One thing that happened to me recently was on the weekend. I work in a hotel kind of thing and we had a bunch of school kids staying for the week, they left yesterday. Anyway they bought the staff boxes of chocolates and then got us all together and did a huge applaud for us to say "Thank you". I thought that was really nice..it cheered me up anyway.

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 13 2003, 04:38 AM
Post #10

Kiefer > Jason

QUOTE (MoonlightSavingsTime @ Jul 11 2003, 02:51 PM)
Wow, Lo, that last example was particularly cool. How keen of the guy to actually pick up on the fact that you were eating gummy sharks and then to remember you later on for the favor you did, especially if he was in a rush to catch the bus at the time. smile.gif That is very, very cool.

yeah I was amazed myself. Almost seems unreal. But it's nice to know that not all good things go unoticed. The guy turned out to be a Sears employee and after that we talked many times when he would come in on his breaks. It was kind of cool.

I wouldn't think someone would have picked up on the gummi shark thing either. I meen it's just candy and I was eating it at the counter like I wasn't supposed to. Bad Manager Lo Bad! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 13 2003, 08:44 PM
Post #11

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

when i was in the 7th grade...there was this girl that i'd made fun of while sitting w/ my group of friends, and she somehow found out. i felt really bad, said i'm sorry, and she said it was okay. anyway....a few months later, some girls were picking on me, saying some really mean things. she had a locker a few spaces away from mine, so she came over, gave me a hug, and said "don't pay any attention to them, candice." it was the sweetest thing, cause i'd treated her so badly before, and she just returned it w/ being kind. i'll never forget her.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jul 13 2003, 08:52 PM
Post #12

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I just try to be nice to whomever I can. It's especially gratifying when I'm in my strangest of clothes.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 08:59 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!