IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Do You Have "pets"/animal Companions?, or do you wish you did...?
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 12 2003, 04:58 AM
Post #1

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Group: New Members
Member No.: 383

I'm curious to know who here has any animal companions (a.k.a. "pets" but I don't like that word). Do you have dogs or cats or snakes or rats or hamsters or fish or birds or...? Can you tell us any interesting stories about your animal friends? Funny habits of theirs?

Or if you don't have any animal companions right now, do you wish you did? Have you ever had any?

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 12 2003, 05:03 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

you know the answer to this one with me moonlight.

I used to have 2 cats when i lived in TN.....I loved them and I miss them a lot. freakin ex got to keep them in the breakup.

before that i had 2 dogs, but my mom thought i wasn't taking good enough care of them so she gave them away. aparently 10 year olds arent cut out for shelties (mini collies).

i also had some fish and goldfish...if they didnt die on their own they committed suicide though. i had this tinfoil barb named ernie (we went through 3 berts before ernie finally killed himself). ernie got to be huge and would always swim around the tank gaining momentum and the smash himself against the top of the tank. one day i found him two rooms away from the tank, he had finally gotten out and flopped to the tv.

i also had a hermit crab named harry. he got out once and lived under my couch for weeks. we found him one day when he tickled my bro's foot with his claw. a couple days later he died. sad.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 12 2003, 05:31 AM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

i have fishies and a kitten named matilda that looks just like the kittens on missy's sig, but without the glowing red eyes, lmao.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 12 2003, 05:41 AM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

I have two cats, Pepper and Nacho.

Pepper's my shelter kitty... got her a few years back when she was only 4 months old... happy.gif The rest of the litter was male, so I had to save her. She's a man-hater now. She's afraid of all male-gendered human beings, with the exception of my stepfather. Noisy little beast, she is, and fat too.

Nacho was the kitten of a friend of mine's cat, whom I kept when she moved. He's a suckup and more my sister's than mine though. He's over-friendly to strangers and an allergen magnet. sleep.gif

I had a betta fish until a few weeks ago... sad.gif

+Quote Post
Little Green Got...
post Jul 12 2003, 07:01 AM
Post #5

Only YOU can answer that question!

Member No.: 384

biggrin.gif I have a tux cat called Elvis! ^.^

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Jul 12 2003, 05:29 PM
Post #6

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

I have two cats..Sparky and George. George is 10 and when he was a kitten he got into the tumble dryer and it was switched on cos no one knew he was in there, I also think he's gay. Sparky is about 3 or 4, I think she was a stray and she kind of adopted us. She follows me and speaks to me, shes also afraid of going outside.

I used to have a dog called Trixy but my mother gave her away. I've kind of got a horse, it's my sisters whos in uni so I'm looking after him, but now I'm in uni so my fathers looking after him. I think that's about it apart from goldfish and a couple of slow worms.

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
NummyNums
post Jul 12 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #7

Holey Great Mother of God ive been cloned!!!

Group: Banned
Member No.: 178

4 cats- moochie, boy kittie, girl kitte, memere
8 dogs- sparky, abby, dixie,sadie, stewie (all hot dogs) segar (bob), and katie (goldens, first blond, second red), and ebony my dog whos a doby
a cockatoo
and a rat

--------------------
Me and logic are e-engaged woot woot.. *mwuah* luv yah babe
No one will ever love cheese as much as i do.. always and forever...
Commies my husband.... whuts it to yah huh? hehehe *hugglez commie*
my boobs are named Aidan and Nadia.. wes owns them now, he also owns me we are engaged and i love him and sex him with all my heart and umm.... soul.. hehehe

user posted image

+Quote Post
chester
post Jul 12 2003, 07:14 PM
Post #8

i would prefer not to

Member No.: 360

i have a siamese cat named yet
i have a mix of some weird lookin dogs names maggie
i have a weinerdog i named weinerdog.
and i have a goldfish cracker named sparky
sparky talks to me and tells me to burn things down...

kelly j.

--------------------
Get out of my dreams and into my car.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jul 12 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #9

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

3 cats. Missy, Fuzzy, and Izzy.

Missy belongs to me, and the other two hate me. =x the end.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 12 2003, 11:13 PM
Post #10

I live again......

Member No.: 358

I have a dog named Duke and he is rottwhieler husky mix which sounds pretty freaky but hes really a suck and I also have a cat named Spud which we just got recently from the pound. He's kind of skiddish and I am not sure about him. Cats were never as close to me as dogs,seeing as I lost so many cats in my day.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 13 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #11

~¤~Sanity Impaired since 1986~¤~

Member No.: 82

Me has four cats, and 2 dogs

Max - Tabby cat, hes 11. Leader sort of and my fav happy.gif
Murray - Ginger Cat, he's 6. Passive and favours my mom.
Smokey - Dark Grey and white cat, he's 3 going on four in August. Big suck and very noisy, hes on my website.
Dinky (Fredrick Alexander Charles) - Yellow laberdour Retriever, hes 11. Annoying old hooch but he's cool.
Marty (Martin Alexander Lincoin) - Yellow lab, he's 5. He's a cutie but really hyperactive lol.

The new addition that is hopefully staying....
Sammy - Combo cat with some siamese in her has marble pattern type coat with calico colours, shes around 10 months. Got her from a friend of the family, until he finds an apartment or if he find one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jul 13 2003, 01:14 AM
Post #12

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

we have several animals at my house now... but none of 'em are really mine... and I'm not that close to any of 'em...

I used to have a cockatiel (Kara) that I loved soooo much smile.gif She was adorable... she would run all over the house... usually following me.... and whenever I would lay down to read a book, she would sit on me and liked to chew on my books... so I would pick up my book, and her beak would still be in it, so she would be picked up with the book and her little legs would just be running... hehe it was so cute. I have a picture of her like that... I need a scanner to show ya!

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 13 2003, 01:15 AM
Post #13

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

my sister has a long haired tortoise shell death cat, it's the most dangerous thing on four legs and it's insane......still she's adorable i want a cat to take back to university with me dammit sad.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jul 13 2003, 01:29 AM
Post #14

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

Here are the "animal companions" that I grew up with that still live at my parents house:

Baby 13-year-old tiger tabby
Cinnamon (aka Cin, Cinnaminni Pretty Kitty)- 8-year-old orange tabby
Angel (aka Angel Kitty, Kitty) 1-year-old orange tabby
Hershey (aka Hershey Kisses, Ammi Babba) 3-year-old black lab mix

My older sister has a 1-year-old tuxedo cat named Pumpkin (aka Punkin, Groucho, Sharkey)

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
RunAwayFromDange...
post Jul 13 2003, 03:39 AM
Post #15

aye, laddie, twas many years ago i lost me haggis

From: in front of the computer or on the couch playing video games mostly...
Member No.: 19

i used to have a maine coon cat named Mischief for very good reasons. she died at the age of twenty. Then we got a purebred maine coon that meows all the time. She meows the most when you say hi. Oo

--------------------
I'm a snapper turtle! *snap snap snap* ^^

Hairy Lee: 'lo childs.
Child: 'lo!
Hairy Lee: *brainwashes children* steal pies. bring pies to me.
Child: k!
Weebl: Kids do anything for Hairy Lee

Many allies are needed in this war for the lemonade if you are to gain possession of the Precious.

MY LEMONS YOU FIEND! *attacks the person in the chuck e. cheese costume at her sister's birthday* MIIIINE! *rips the costume to shreds then laughs maniacally* ^^ *eats lemons*

weebl: don't be fooled by the pie that we got. i still i still weebl this is bob. used to have a donkey that i loved a lot. now she live with a ninja
bob: pirate!
weebl: Don't be fooled by the pie that we got. is still i still weebl. this is bob. used to want pie now we got a lot. bob knows what we after.
bob: er...
weebl: pie bob!

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jul 13 2003, 05:01 AM
Post #16

word

Member No.: 359

hmm....

i have 3 cats,a dog,and lots of guppies....

my cat is bubba and i fear he may be really sick cuz like hes losing his fur and lots of wieght..... unsure.gif anyway...those r the pets i have

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
CovertYawn
post Jul 13 2003, 11:42 AM
Post #17

Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat

Member No.: 186

I don't think I've ever lived with less than five dogs, at the moment we have about **counts** six, which is the lowest number of dogs I've lived with, I'm pretty sure on this.. out of this I "Own." one, Cassie, a little terrier who has a medical condition which can be summerised as an enlarged heart, it doesn't really affect but it means she has shed loads of energy, absoltuly huuuge reserves of endless licky jumpy swimmy energy... which is pretty cool.

P.S. The vet said it was lucky she lived on a farm where she can run around as much as she likes, if she'd lived on a housing estate he would''ve reccomended having her put down.

--------------------
user posted image This is nips my naughty little bunny, he likes my carrot.

+Quote Post
pinkduchess
post Jul 13 2003, 11:48 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 445

i have three cats, oliver, kitty (yes, i call him kitty. his name was origionally ash until i went away to school and my mom started calling him dodger. grrrrrr) and the dead one. on top of that i have a beta fish named darwin. kitty likes to drink the water from his dwelling . . . should i be worried? *lol*

--------------------
~smile for the birds on your way out~

+Quote Post
nordelen
post Jul 14 2003, 09:07 AM
Post #19

the monitor lizzards are coming!

Member No.: 299

at the moment my household has two cats - toby and ginger - but my mum is also feeding these stray cats who have discovered that she is a soft touch for the pathetic cat whine.
ginger is a crazy cat! i'm not kidding! sometimes when he is settling down to sleep he absintmindedly flicks his tail, then gets angry at it for disturbing him ( with all the hissing and growling laugh.gif ). he's really affectionate too, but the downside to this is that his claws are really sharp, and he like to let everyone in on this fact when he is being stroked.
toby, on the other hand, is a little prissy be-atch. sometimes she'll whine to be let out, but when i open the door she just sits there for a second, then waltz over to the fridge and look at me expectantly. yep, you guessed it, she's wanting chicken/turkey! (caniveing little monster! laugh.gif )

--------------------
let me FIND a lifestyle before you judge me on it

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 14 2003, 12:43 PM
Post #20

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

We used to keep lizards which I miss. We had an iguana (called Jasper) two water dragons, a boss monitor and a gecko.
We also had a cat who I adored (Maisy. SHe lives with my aunt in Wales now) and a golden labby dog called Sadie who was a canine fart machine.

My mom won't let me and my dad have any pets...we really want another cat but we have an alarm in our house so its probably not possible. She's letting me get some fish so I'm gonna go the pet store next weekend and get the most cat like fish I can find laugh.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
ravein
post Jul 14 2003, 01:01 PM
Post #21

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (LoLo @ Jul 12 2003, 02:03 AM)
i also had some fish and goldfish...if they didnt die on their own they committed suicide though. i had this tinfoil barb named ernie (we went through 3 berts before ernie finally killed himself). ernie got to be huge and would always swim around the tank gaining momentum and the smash himself against the top of the tank. one day i found him two rooms away from the tank, he had finally gotten out and flopped to the tv.

Was this when the snorkel cartoon was on tv?? If so that could explain a lot. laugh.gif wink.gif

I have two dogs- Marley (mutt) and Jackson (Beagle)
I have two cats- Neo and Cleo
I have two Geckos (for now anyway) Charlie and Halo
have two Fire Belly toads Ash and Tray (get it Ashtray??? laugh.gif )

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Jul 14 2003, 08:58 PM
Post #22

I forgot my socks

Member No.: 417

we have twee widdle biddy wats tongue.gif biggrin.gif dey soooooo cute!!!!!! Deyre names is Bella, Sasha and Mina and um um.....Bella is all white wif red eyes an' stuff, an' Sasha is black an' white, an' Mina is brown n' white, an deyre all SOOOOO cute an' right now dey's sleepin'

awwwwwww.....cuddly!

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Jul 14 2003, 09:17 PM
Post #23

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

I have a cat. And he loves to go outside but recently he got an injury leaving the vet to say he can never go outside again. We are struggling to keep him inside but when we do manage to he runs into the hallway runs all the way down it and runs head long into the back door and keeps repeating untill we let him out. Pretty smart cat.

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 14 2003, 09:18 PM
Post #24

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

I wouldn't mind a couple of kitties, actually... I'm now at the point where the furniture is no longer that new... laugh.gif

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 05:27 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!