IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Forum Moderators., or the lack of them, actually.
MistressAlti
post Jul 12 2003, 10:57 PM
Post #1

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

Let me set up a scenario for you:

Someone posts something horribly offensive at 7:30pm Central (1:30am British). What are the chances that a moderator is going to see it and take care of it before the American forum rush at night?

Slim to none.

I should say here that this is NOT a criticism of our current mods. Jonman and Leo are doing just fine, and I haven't any complaints about them. In fact, I should give Leo major props here - he's been doing so much work here in the forum. He's beyond the call of volunteer duty, big time.

The problem here the lack of an American mod.

I know that Jonman's here on US soil, but he's very busy with his real life. He's gone an awful lot. This means he is not here to take care of mod duties all the time. Once again, this is not a criticism, simply a fact of observation.

Mata and Leo are both Brits. They're not going to be lurking around here in the middle of their sleep-time while we Americans post it up in the evenings.

This leaves us with a problem. Say that afore-mentioned scenario comes into play. More likely than not, that post is going to be sitting around here, causing trouble and upsetting people for 6 to 7 hours. That 6-7 hour stretch includes the prime forum time for the American posters.

Which comes back to my statement about an American mod. We need a consistant mod force from this continent. Someone has got to be there during that peak usage time.

Not to mention that there are still 30 pages of unmoved threads in the General Chat forum... It's a big task, and it couldn't hurt to have more moderators working on it, right?

I really do think that an American mod would solve some of these issues.

Two cents, everyone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Jul 12 2003, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Group: New Members
Member No.: 154

it's a damn good point, cause for a lot of the time there's no mod around...and when something like that happens, it creates chaos...

someone that'll be around for the prime time over here is a good idea, cause it'll hopefully stop any of this happening...

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jul 12 2003, 11:02 PM
Post #3

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

There's nothing I could say that you didn't sum up, so I'll just put my own spin on it.

Jonman and Mata are busy, so Leo usually gets stuck with moderating our stupid little fights which I have terribly tried to cut down on. He seems to have a severe lack of appreciation that needs to stop, and I think he also needs a new assistant that puts in as hard as he does. My ideas for the new mods? MissyA, LoLo, Debaser, or ravein are fine. The only issue with ravein is that I don't see her around much, and we should have a mod that counters Leo's time tables so things are being watched near 'round the clock with the two counteracting mods. My best bet? Debaser. He's around plenty, doesn't abuse his priviledges, and he's already mastered and kept a very good eye, a very FAIR eye on IRC. Seeing as he's already exhibited the qualities, I say he ought to be modded because he does it correctly.

But I'm sure somebody will have conflicting beliefs. After all, s'just my two cents.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 12 2003, 11:06 PM
Post #4

I live again......

Member No.: 358

Offending post,where ?. I think that sounds like a good idea but I dont think we should get rid of Jonman either, I am sure he is a very busy guy and ties very hard to partrol the forums. Someone who can pick up the slack sort of speak

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Jul 12 2003, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

i agree completely...an american mod who is around a lot would be great (or just someone who is on the forums during the main activity times for american forumites). it would have saved the drama that happened yesterday cause of threads being posted in wrong places and whatnot.

*edit*...no one ever said get rid of jonman, reaper. would just be another helper, i think.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 12 2003, 11:12 PM
Post #6

ever-hopeful since 2003

No one's saying to get rid of Jonman.

We're looking for additional mods, not replacement here.

Just clearing that up.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 12 2003, 11:21 PM
Post #7

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

erm... I dunno if me postin in here is appropriate, an I dun wanna sound like I'm complainin, but I would like a little help sometimes... I know mata an jon are busy, but sometimes it feels like I'm the only one lookin after this place, an it's too much fer one person...

I spent the first 45 minutes I was here today shiftin inappropriately posted threads, deletin offensive threads an generally tellin people off fer misbehavin... The main problem bein that in 90% of the cases it was too damn late - as will always be the case cos I'm either in bed or at work when the US people are postin.

The main problem bein that, after those 45 minutes, I didn't really feel like bein here any more...

Jus to go against what syuu said; I dun think debs is a good choice cos he too is a Brit, an unless he's prepared to stay up till 8 - 10am every day, it's not really gonna work.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Jul 12 2003, 11:28 PM
Post #8

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

He is good for it because he's always up so late. I'd say until 4-6 AM brit time, and he covers most of the night shift when you're not around. He's usually back when I wake up, so there's a very small time space that he isn't watching the forums or IRC.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 13 2003, 12:06 AM
Post #9

Absentee Mod

From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

He is?? Crikey!

Well, in that case I'll rescind me comment... given he goes to bed around the time I get up, I think we could prolly cover it...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Jul 13 2003, 12:09 AM
Post #10

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Member No.: 154

wow...

you people are fecking insane. tongue.gif

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 13 2003, 12:50 AM
Post #11

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Well everyone has the same opion as I on this subject and I think if you want more people in the North american region, We should be able to volunteer and take a civilized vote on the american OR Canadian*cough* mod.

I would be willing to volunteer my services, im sure the veterans could teach me a thing or two, or perhaps someone with more posts could be qualified.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 13 2003, 01:07 AM
Post #12

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

An american mod or at least one whos here is a good idea.....don't ask me who to volunteer, because I have no clue right now.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 13 2003, 01:07 AM
Post #13

ever-hopeful since 2003

I apologize for discluding the Canadians - I should've thought about that. Of course a Canadian would be acceptable as well.

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jul 13 2003, 01:09 AM
Post #14

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I think it's a good idea... and the first person to come to my mind is LoLo... if she wanted the job, I think she'd make a really great mod smile.gif

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jul 13 2003, 03:53 AM
Post #15

word

Member No.: 359

how do ye get to be a mod? huh.gif

(sry if this was already answered but i dont want to search thru stuff)

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jul 13 2003, 04:28 AM
Post #16

I think that pretty much Mata asks who he wants to be the mod if they will do it and then they say "yes" or "no".... lol

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Jul 13 2003, 04:35 AM
Post #17

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

i would like to volunteer myself for the job of extra mod for america time.... if mata chooses to take another... i am here for far too much time posting random bits of nothing, why not make my time here constructive? <shrugs> up to you mata....

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jul 13 2003, 04:56 AM
Post #18

word

i agree with cheese and think if maybe u need just a eensy bit more help..id be willing and im online all day as it is..i know all the rules an stuff....and i dont lose my temper with ppl...except anthony...but i know him and he said i died...but anyway...please pleae consider it...

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 13 2003, 11:43 AM
Post #19

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

I spent the first 45 minutes I was here today shiftin inappropriately posted threads, deletin offensive threads an generally tellin people off fer misbehavin... The main problem bein that in 90% of the cases it was too damn late - as will always be the case cos I'm either in bed or at work when the US people are postin.

I know the feeling mate, I'm normally around harassing people about their sigs and trying to keep the place looking presentable! I was on here for three hours the other day... I think that the case is that we are patrolling different aspects of the forums, I get the feeling that I'm the main person poking people about massive sigs (speaking of which, some of the images in people's sigs here are getting rather carried away aren't they?) but there are other things that I don't need to do so much, probably because you're doing them Leo. I do appreciate it and I'm sure the regulars on here do too.

Of course, we shouldn't have to be doing all this in the first place...

But I think that your point is well made MissyA and I have thought about this before. Back when Jon was single this wasn't such a problem because he had more time on his hands, but currently he's rather occupied wink.gif

My personal feelings are that MissyA or Lolo would make very good mods. Are either of you interested in the position?

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Jul 13 2003, 11:46 AM
Post #20

ever-hopeful since 2003

You may most definitely consider me interested in the position. Lo would make a great mod too, though, I must say.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Jul 13 2003, 03:04 PM
Post #21

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

Well add me to the interested list.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 13 2003, 04:39 PM
Post #22

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

I'd sugget LoLo as she's probably the most fair handed and responsible of us all smile.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Jul 13 2003, 04:44 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 13 2003, 11:39 AM)
I'd sugget LoLo as she's probably the most fair handed and responsible of us all smile.gif

I second that! smile.gif

+Quote Post
kidvicious2punk
post Jul 13 2003, 04:48 PM
Post #24

word

hmmm....i think either missy or lo would be great mods...

unsure.gif will you hurt me if i cant decide?

lol....ya i say either or

--------------------
salviadivinorum.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Jul 13 2003, 04:50 PM
Post #25

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Jul 13 2003, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (WeeJ @ Jul 13 2003, 11:39 AM)

I second that! smile.gif

/me chants...

LoLo LoLo LoLo LoLo

I think she's make a great mod. She'd be firm but fair whilst still being groovy smile.gif

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 09:23 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!