Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Was Your Day At Work, ????
reaper
post Jul 21 2003, 11:57 PM
Post #1

I live again......

Group: New Members
Member No.: 358

How was your day at work?,My day went good. We just started 10 hour work days, they are ok accept they leave you understanably worn. I had to start at 6 AM EST standerd time this morning and I was only 10 minutes late which was pretty good lol , ya like you have never been late before tongue.gif . Anywho I think i figured out a way to actually get there on time so if all things work out as planned tommorow i will actually be on time so ya lol. How did your peoples day at work go ?

--------------------
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 22 2003, 01:12 AM
Post #2

~才Sanity Impaired since 1986~才

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

well my first day of volunteering at the SPCA was a lot of work. I worked 8 hours, got bitten by a rabbit because i chaged his water bottle lol, and saw all these cute kittens and cats i was cleaning there cages out for (not as cute as my guy RAWR wink.gif lol). This one cat's thing i was cleaning out, the cat behind me got his claws stuck in my hair bun lol i started to panic, luckily the lady that was working with me got it out ok. well, 9 more days to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 22 2003, 02:49 AM
Post #3

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

I didn't work today, but I did start my first day at my new job at Wendy's (gag) on Saturday night. I had just finished orientation (which consisted of watching dumb videos about safety rules and crap) on Friday afternoon/evening. Then Wendy's called me on Saturday evening and asked if I could come in. Turns out that someone had called in sick, so they called me to replace the person. They must have been pretty desperate to call a noob like me to fill in for an experienced full-time employee. tongue.gif Apparently I'm the only moron geeky enough to be at home on a Saturday night and be available to work at such a time (7 p.m. to 3 a.m., prime Saturday-night-partying hours basically). I just thought it was kinda funny, I got to the place and they showed me one of their orientation videos on how to do the grill, then they placed me in front of the grill with 30 seconds of their instruction and I had to figure things out on my own from there. I thought since we were working night shift, that it would be relatively slow all night, but I was surprised at how busy things were between 10 and 11 or so. Probably because it was Saturday night and people were coming home from parties or whatever the hell they were doing. Damnit, people, stay home!!! I could barely cook the meat fast enough. (But what else can you expect from a vegetarian who has never had to cook meat before, and who avoids eating at fast-food restaurants, therefore barely being familiar with the inner workings -- or even the "outer workings" -- of a fast food restaurant?) I'm just glad that the people I was working with were pretty laidback and never yelled at me once and did their best to help me out and to gradually introduce me to the rest of the duties I was supposed to be performing as the grill person. All in all, it was okay, even though I'm ashamed to be working fast food in the first place... dry.gif

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
frogbutterflyfre...
post Jul 22 2003, 02:53 AM
Post #4

Worrying

Member No.: 464

i dont have a job... no money for froggy. i think i would throw a fit if i had to work on sat night, but only the 1st, 3rd, or 5th ones... yay RHPS!!!!!!!

--------------------
i'm new, please don't make me into a sandwich

ooh, a rabid gerbil adopted me! i hope his name isn't hugh, or was that a hamster?

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 22 2003, 10:12 PM
Post #5

Day 2. Got to deal with the dogs today as well as the cats. Got to see lots of my favourite kitties and met some adorable puppies. I met one dog camed Cuji that is gonna probably give birth anyway now and Honey this sweet dog, she got adopted today. I was sad once though today, these four little kitties that i met yesterday got put to sleep. I got a little upset but I kept my composure, at least they aren't sick anymore. All in all another good day. As for my status, I am tired, and i can hardly walk right now because i've on my feet a lot and ya, it hurts lol. 8 days to go

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Jul 22 2003, 11:42 PM
Post #6

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I'm doing temp jobs all summer. For 5 weeks I counted bugs on pine branches. Yeah. That was timulating. Especially when you found the spiders. Actually. Wait. That was pretty stimulating if by stimulating you mean shocking. Eeeyup. this week I'm babysitting two little girls and on and off all summer I'll be doing the same thing if my parents don't force me to get a real job. they're little sweethearts. But they both woke up today and when they only saw me and not their parents they both started crying. Poor little blighters. But children are so easy to take care of. After a cuddle and some breakfast everything was right with the world. I'm with them for 9 hours a day so it gets a tad long, but we haven't run out of things to do yet.

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 24 2003, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Day 3, Not bad day but I was in one of those pissy moods. Well even before I got picked up I was either getting pissed because my dog that would get in my way a lot did, or getting annoyed that i kept bumping my head or bumping into things, or things were falling on me. I didn't wanna loose my cool where I was working so I had my lunch break earlier than usual. Then after I did some usual stuff in the morning I was starting to run out of things to do strangely so I would sweep around the garage area and in the office part a lot, or make litter boxes so that alison can deal with the cats in the garage. Sadly again one cat I talked to since the first day got put to sleep but at least I wasn't there to witness it. The dog Sandy, whom i met yesterday had puppies 2 nights before and i got to see them yesterday. that was my yesterday tongue.gif 7 more to go.

--------------------

+Quote Post
talking to faeri...
post Jul 24 2003, 03:04 PM
Post #8

put the aerial on your head

Member No.: 89

I'm so happy, I haven't had to work since monday..YAY!!! But I have to work on Sunday. 6.30 am start...great..can't wait

--------------------
~I'm missing your bed, I never sleep, avoiding the spots where we'd have to speak, and this bottle of beast is taking me home. I'm cuddling close to blankets and sheets, you're not alone and you're not descreet. You make sure I know who's taking you home. I'm reading your note over again, there's not a word that I comprehend, except when you signed it "I will love you always and forever"~

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 24 2003, 10:04 PM
Post #9

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

It's been one o those odd days today... I went to one of the sites I support (but not fer much longer) cos I'm still workin on the network there... blimmin thing is takin WAAAAAY longer than it should do cos of stupid config issues an incorrect firmware, not to mention the patch panel from hell...

But it's worse than that! I was there fer almost 8 hours, but it felt more like two an a half. I swear, there's an anomaly in the space-time fabric there that makes time flash by really fast. I call it the Staveley Time Phenomenon. An the worst bit is that it's not jus me that experiences it!

By the time I got home I was too tired to study. So I'm havin a night off an playin wi Swish. Except it's doin some crazy stuff. Prolly cos I didn't buy it, I'll bet...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Jul 24 2003, 10:49 PM
Post #10

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

Well i had to get up at 5.45 this morning after 3 hours sleep (bastard thing) i spent the whole day working my ass off at this building site so i might be able to work tomorrow but they don't need me, i had to work with some moron called rob who did fcuk all work and spent the whole day asking me if i knew the same people he did, i was so tired when i got in i had a shower and pretty much slept with 10 pm....but i'm feeling loads better now biggrin.gif

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 24 2003, 11:00 PM
Post #11

Day 4, holy crap! People there I didn't know were really getting on my nerves! I kept screwing up and getting frustrated. It did get calmed down but early afternoon I had to talk to Robin, one of hte ladies in charge pretty much and she told me today and lil bit of yesterday that girls were complaining that I was getting frustated too easily and that i shouldn't come in. I explained that I need the hours and that after I get there I can't go home because my mom won't pick me up at five. She understood that thank god and just told me to take a break if it happens again. the rest of the day was fine, even got a nap in because I had nothing to do. 6 days to go tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 24 2003, 11:25 PM
Post #12

I live again......

I think my day wins the prize. Ok today it was really busy at work and then it started to slow down so my boss decided to let some people go home thinkign that they woudl not need them. Well after lunch things started to becoem busy again and me and the other 2 guys were working our asses of fto get shit done. My boss and formen came out (this is where it gets interesting) I said we can only work so fast and he was like well you should be able to keep up. For those who dont knwo what I do, I work at a factory that makes strusses and my job is to stack and band them together, a easy but frustrating job. Now as i was saying,he said that then I said well maybe if you didnt send people home and he said well I can send ytou hoem permanantly if you wanna be like that. So i ended up apologiesing to both my formen and my boss for acting like that so all and all it was one of those frustrating days.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Mingtea
post Jul 25 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #13

Lanky Mofo

Member No.: 403

I've been 6 hours late for work once.

I'm quite proud of myself.

--------------------
CODE
</geek>

MultiplayUK - Great LAN parties, attend today :)

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 25 2003, 11:06 PM
Post #14

Day 5, finally a break for the weekend so my aches can fade off, my feet can rest and when monday hits it's all gonna come back laugh.gif lol. Was a pretty good day today, this morning though this dog one lady was walkign got lose and got hit by a car. Luckily we found out he's gonna be ok. There was also lots of adoptions. The coolest example would be this lil puppy this family was hoping for. They have been coming in to the shelter everyday since i started just to get that puppy. When they found out they could get it, they started to cry lol it was so amazing the love of animals some of these people have. No cats i know being put to sleep (that I know of) smile.gif so that's kick ass! 5 more days, day 6 comes monday.

--------------------

+Quote Post
espresso_bean
post Jul 25 2003, 11:51 PM
Post #15

come run with me

Member No.: 410

my day at work......would have been fine had i been employed. my work today consisted of remaining unemployed and watching home and garden television. *hack*

--------------------
connoiseur of myriad caffeine based liquids,queen of spades humanitarian solitarian, chester's e-sis, interpretive dancer, painter, wielder of the leaping irish nudists, pseudo-ballerina, opera-singer extraordinaire, franz kafka groupie, flirter, hand shaker, sculptor, theatre set designer, robert smith's secret lover, sizzlie's e-spouse ,official uber barista of the league of -ish. but above all this, i am Alicia. [sig chopped by Mata]

+Quote Post
leopold
post Jul 25 2003, 11:59 PM
Post #16

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Blimey! Hey there espresso! Long time no see, sweetie smile.gif

Me day at work... well, I turned up this mornin an I thought it was Saturday, cos there was hardly anyone in! It's gettin so quiet there these days, an the place bein partially boarded up like it is, it's feelin really depressin there...

*sigh*

Oh well, at least I'm not gonna be one o the last ones out. That would be really horrible...

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
MoonlightSavings...
post Jul 26 2003, 04:53 AM
Post #17

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons

Member No.: 383

It was okay today. I worked 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. for my training at a fast food restaurant. tongue.gif I'll say this for sure, I don't like working in the day time, at least not at a place like that. Too many damn people. I'm afraid of people. Oh well, aside from that it was fine. I'm pleased to see that, so far, my co-workers don't seem to be the uptight, stressed-out type who yell over your shoulder the entire time to work faster. Not *yet* anyway. I can't wait till they start letting me work the night shift full-time. Hopefully tomorrow will be my last day of training. It's a simple enough job, I don't feel like I need anymore help. Plus I have a hard enough time waking up in time for my 1 p.m. class, never mind waking up to go to work at 10 a.m. *whine whine whine complain*

Overall, the job is good as far as fast food goes. I don't like grease and cow's blood though.

--------------------
And when I am formulated, sprawling on a pin,
When I am pinned and wriggling on the wall,
Then how should I begin
To spit out all the butt-ends of my days and ways?
And how should I presume?
~T.S. Eliot, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

+Quote Post
reaper
post Jul 26 2003, 11:26 PM
Post #18

I live again......

I am glad your job is going well moonlight. I hope yo ucan start midnights soon,just be careful there are alot more asshoels out at night time so watch yourself .

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 29 2003, 02:42 AM
Post #19

Day 6. Did a lot of making litter boxes for the cages in the morning and was running all around a lot. I am quite drowsy right now from the day. Also for the first time I helped a mom and her kids look at possible cats to adopt. Well noone was around so I was like eh what the hell lol. I got scratched good on my left wrist cuz of trying to put a kitten back in it's cage. One of my fav kitties i talked to for so much got out to sleep today..I didnt even ask I just knew....gah. Aw well, life goes on, i had my moment long ago earlier. Well, 4 more days!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Righteous
post Jul 29 2003, 03:18 AM
Post #20

Shut up, noob!

Member No.: 367

I used to work for the service department of Ron Anderson Pontiac/Buick/GMC as a car detailer before ai was fired. The job wasn't the best, so I had high hopes upon leaving. After a week or so of glorious unemployment, I got a job at the service department of Ron Anderson Chevrolet/Oldsmobile as a mechanics assistant. Great, I thought. It'll be a lot better than doing detailing. Oh, boy was I wrong. I was trained by a guy named Mike, who is a complete ass and younger than me. I learned how to change oil and rotate tires and lube fittings and all that. The thing is, I like doing things at my pace, mainly to make sure I do it right the first time, but Mike keeps condecending and degrading me because I'm not doing it "fast enough." Saturday was the worst. See, Saturday is the day where the mechanics do minor stuff and stuff that had been left over from the week. We, the assistants, have to clean up the garage. Mike kept bitching about how he wanted to get home at four, so I shouldn't slack off, but how long does it take to clean a freaking floor anyway? And I'm sorry if I don't put things back in their proper place. I'v been here, what, three days? And I don't do condecention well. So when he called me a retard, I threw down my broom and walked up to him. I got in his face and said, "Listen, I've delt with condecention all my life and I don't need it from an underdeveloped, underaged little puke like you." Then he told me to, "Go do something" and I said, "I am doing something. I'm getting in your face. That's what I'm doing." I hipe he got the message. If not, I'll have to have a talk with him. So what if I get canned? I've got my foot in the door at the Mercedes-Benz/BMW place where I'd rather work any day, even for less money. As soon as the place gets bought out, screw GM cars and Mike and the whole damn service department. I'll be working on luxury Mercedeses and BMWs with someone who at least has a clue what he's talking about telling me what to do. I'll tell you, for the guy who doesn't sign my checks, he sure loves telling me what to do.

It could be worse. I could work at Dairy Queen or Shoney's like my brothers.

--------------------
With every breath...and all that I am...I will make a stand...until the end.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 30 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #21

Was a tad slow with the replying deally.

Day 7, not bad, nothing much new got lots of cats put to sleep and lots of cats that came in, its getting crazy. Also lots of cuties got adopted also today. 3 more days to go.

Day 8, Since I went to bed quite earlier than usual so i was seemingly more alert today. A LOT more cats came in and we found places for them all. Also got to hold cute wittle baby puppies and one was following me around and wanted me to pick him up, aww it was so cute happy.gif/. 2 ,more days!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Jul 31 2003, 10:41 PM
Post #22

Day 9, Not bad indeed. Alison came back from her days off, thank god. Heather was getting reeeeeeeeeeally annoying tongue.gif Also saw lots of adoptions today and no kitties put to sleep (to my knowledge anyway) yay! happy.gif I'm stil tired and sore but meh it's all good. ONE MORE DAY LEFT!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Aug 1 2003, 10:45 PM
Post #23

Well I see noone wants to post in this tpoic no more so ill share to you my final day at volunteering at the SPCA.

Well it was same old kinda day. I was kinda sad at the beginning of the day and close to the ending knowing all the cute lil animal friends, I probably wouldn't see them again. I told them all "you better get adopted into a great home." I got the 80 hours I was working so hard for and I am proud of myself for accomplishing it. I am still a lil down cuz im missing all those cuties i met.

This experience really gave me a good view into the life of the humane society and I hope I can apply to do it again next summer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
reaper
post Aug 4 2003, 11:08 PM
Post #24

I live again......

*bump*

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
VVes
post Aug 5 2003, 02:59 AM
Post #25

iHuman

Member No.: 483

My day went quite well for a Monday, I was quite produtive, despite having to read the forums almost all morning and most of the afternon before I left work...LOL

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:05 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!