Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question, Oh Great Mata
elf
post Jul 22 2003, 04:44 AM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

Why is the search off? To save bandwidth? Sometimes I want to find an old thread and I can't find one. Could you turn it on for a sec, search for "song spam" (tarantio the thread maker) and reply with the link and turn it back off? I... need it. Hehe.

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mata
post Jul 22 2003, 11:47 AM
Post #2

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It's not actually turned off as far as I can tell. I've looked through the options to try and see if there is something preventing it from being activated but I really can't see anything. Sorry!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 1 2003, 09:54 PM
Post #3

Sorry, an error occured. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the administrator has taken the search engine offline for the moment. Please try again later.

Sorry it took so long to reply, but... I get that whenever I try to search for anything. x_x

--------------------

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Aug 1 2003, 11:25 PM
Post #4

NyanNyanNyan

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 191

righto, kid. theres easy ways to find stuff like that.

song spam thread

jus-layke that!

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 1 2003, 11:27 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Tarantio @ Aug 1 2003, 04:25 PM)
righto, kid. theres easy ways to find stuff like that.

song spam thread

jus-layke that!

*nods* Thank you. But I need to search for my old "From Liz the Elf to All" thread, and a bunch of others too. =P

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post Aug 1 2003, 11:31 PM
Post #6

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Ya can sort the threads into order, by poster... jus remember to set the limit to "from the beginning" an yer away!

Mata has tried many times to get the search workin... so it's either summat that needs settin that isn't immediately obvious, or summat's broken.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 1 2003, 11:40 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 1 2003, 04:31 PM)
Ya can sort the threads into order, by poster... jus remember to set the limit to "from the beginning" an yer away!

How do you sort them?

And Mata, I have my own forum run on the same script, so I think the problem is that you don't allow the group Members to have search or sumfin, so go to Edit User Groups biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leopold
post Aug 2 2003, 02:04 PM
Post #8

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

You have an Invision board an ya never knew that?

erm... bottom of each forum, it says "showing x of y records sorted by..." Ya can use those dropdowns to sort 'em into any order... one is by topic starter, which is handy if ya know who started it.

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Aug 2 2003, 11:34 PM
Post #9

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

Damn the search function to hell! I hunted down info on it a while back, and there is no readily apparent reason why it refuses to work.

/me wanders off to find other Invision users he knows to batter it into submission

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Aug 2 2003, 11:52 PM
Post #10

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

Yes!

Yes!

Yes!

I've done it! The search works!

/me sits and waits for the adulation to roll in

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 3 2003, 12:42 AM
Post #11

QUOTE (leopold @ Aug 2 2003, 07:04 AM)
You have an Invision board an ya never knew that?

erm... bottom of each forum, it says "showing x of y records sorted by..."  Ya can use those dropdowns to sort 'em into any order... one is by topic starter, which is handy if ya know who started it.

That's just what the mods have, leo =P!

edit: Boy am I dumb. I've never noticed that until now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 3 2003, 12:43 AM
Post #12

BTW, Thank ya Mr Fuzzy. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mata
post Aug 3 2003, 03:32 PM
Post #13

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

There are two places in the admin system to turn-on the search facility. One of them was obvious ('Allow Members to search yes/no') the other one was hidden away in the CPU saving file. I thought I'd turned that one on too but frankly who knows what was going through my mind when I first setup this board, I think I was just amazed to have it working at all!

Cheers Fuzzmeister.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 11:47 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!