Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Needing Advice!
elf
post Aug 1 2003, 04:05 AM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

I need an agony aunt (or uncle tongue.gif) to help me with something... ick x_x (Surprising I know what agony aunt means at all, seeing as I'm from the States... I guess it rubbed off of always talking to UKers... o_0)

ANYWAY... One of my best friends is like the most popular girl at her school (we go to different schools) and she wants to invite me to this party that's filled with only popular people. Me, I'm sorta the anti-popular... but I haven't seen my friend in a long time. I really, really don't want to hang out with her snobby friends, but I do want to hang out with her. Should I or shouldn't I go? (They [her friends] know me from primary school and pretty much hate, resent, or have forgotten me. x_x)

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rattgirl
post Aug 1 2003, 04:09 AM
Post #2

I forgot my socks

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 417

are you concerned with what they (the friends) would think or do?

--------------------
If I was a zombie, I would be back from the dead. As it is, I'm just back!

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Aug 1 2003, 04:16 AM
Post #3

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

So what if they don't like you? You're going for your FRIEND. So hang out with your friend as best you can and ignore those that have their heads so far up their rears that they don't know how wonderful you are. Don't let those not-so-nice kinds of people dictate how and when you spend time with those you care about...

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Aug 1 2003, 05:35 AM
Post #4

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

You can always go and try to spend time with her... and you might have a lot of fun and meet some new people or get to know some people better smile.gif But if she is too busy running around and you are bored/lonely.. or if some people there are really mean to you and you are uncomfortable, just leave really early... tell your friend that you need to go but that you would like to get together with her some other time to catch up smile.gif

just an idea... lol

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Aug 1 2003, 09:10 AM
Post #5

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Aug 1 2003, 05:16 AM)
So what if they don't like you? You're going for your FRIEND. So hang out with your friend as best you can and ignore those that have their heads so far up their rears that they don't know how wonderful you are. Don't let those not-so-nice kinds of people dictate how and when you spend time with those you care about...

I agree completely! It doesn't really matter what these 'people' think about you. It's a sad fact but not everyone you meet in your life is going to think you're wonderful (we do so you don't need to worry on that count smile.gif) I don't mean that to be patronising, it's just the way it goes sometimes sad.gif

Well for my tuppence worth....

I personally would go along, find your real friend, spend some time with her and see what happens. If you find that her 'friends' are proving too hard to handle then tell your friend you've got to go and you'll ring her/catch up with her again like Crissi suggests. Don't let them get to you. If they are petty enough to act like pathetic angst ridden teenages then let them and rise above it. You can be better than that I'm sure smile.gif Besides, it might be a cliche, but they act that way because they are jealous of your individuality and that you are a strong person.

Mind you, I don't ever take my own advice so perhaps it's best not to listen to me wink.gif

Sam
x

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 1 2003, 09:21 PM
Post #6

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

Ignore those people who treat you badly. Just go with your friend and do what makes you happy.

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 1 2003, 09:27 PM
Post #7

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

One BIG problem is that I don't even really like my best friend anymore.

Did I forget to mention that? unsure.gif

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Aug 1 2003, 09:37 PM
Post #8

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

Bah. If you don't like her, and you really don't like her friends, then screw the lot of them and don't go. There seems to be no reason at all to go.

If it's obligation to an old friendship that's gone sour, then swallow your sense of duty, and make a choice: either to try and rekindle the friendship (in which case don't go to the party - make a viable excuse, and then try to get some time alone with your friend, just to hang out. Or decide that thay friendship is beyond saving, or not worth it, in which case, you bin it and move on. These things happen from time to time as people grow and change (or don't in some cases).

That's my 12 and a half centsworth (send the 12 and a half cent check/cheque to Jonman at Jonman Towers, USA).

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 1 2003, 09:58 PM
Post #9

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (elf @ Aug 1 2003, 10:27 PM)
One BIG problem is that I don't even really like my best friend anymore.

Did I forget to mention that? unsure.gif

Yup.

People grow apart. It happens. If you two truly have nothing in common anymore, then thats that.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Aug 3 2003, 03:07 AM
Post #10

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Ya Elf, I know what ou mean in not really liking a friend anymore...

Some of you may know but this girl I was really close with, Pennee, well she screwede herself over by treating me like crap like blowing me off and so fourth. It wasn't like that in the beginning but then she started changing and now i dont talk to her period, were not really friends anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 03:54 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!