Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sleep
Caughtinlife
post Aug 10 2003, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 517

Is anyone else suffering lack of sleep due to hot weather or is it just me?

Im seriously so bored...if anyone has any ideas throw them my way..or wants to talk, im sure something is sending out messages to peoples brains telling them not to talk to me.. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 10 2003, 01:26 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I haven't been sleeping too much but its more of me pushing myself way too much lately.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Aug 10 2003, 02:50 AM
Post #3

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

I never sleep...it's not insomnia as much as it is Sleep Conditioning...I made myself watch so much anime late at night, now when my shows aren't even on I can't conk out before 1 a.m....which is especially bad since school starts on Wednesday...Damn school...

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
espresso_bean
post Aug 10 2003, 03:32 AM
Post #4

come run with me

Member No.: 410

I work until closing most nights - so I don't even get home until 12:00am. i usually need several hours to wind down, leaving me awake until about 4 am.

You can entertain yourself by...counting as high as you can go. .....Here's an idea: READ A BOOK. Seriously, good entertainment - and if it isn't a good book, you're bound to fall asleep from boredom.

--------------------
connoiseur of myriad caffeine based liquids,queen of spades humanitarian solitarian, chester's e-sis, interpretive dancer, painter, wielder of the leaping irish nudists, pseudo-ballerina, opera-singer extraordinaire, franz kafka groupie, flirter, hand shaker, sculptor, theatre set designer, robert smith's secret lover, sizzlie's e-spouse ,official uber barista of the league of -ish. but above all this, i am Alicia. [sig chopped by Mata]

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 10 2003, 04:58 PM
Post #5

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

I can't sleep because of the heat..its given me a lot of headaches...

+Quote Post
silent screams
post Aug 10 2003, 07:18 PM
Post #6

Jane's Addiction rocks my socks.

Member No.: 432

heat causes lack of sleep...and i can't sleep unless i'm covered with lots of fluffly blankets. ^.^ i tend to turn on a fan in my room, though, and just sleep with a sheet and hug a pillow. 'cause i'm weird like that. and i stay up well past 4am a lot of the time. school starts...gnnr! thursday! ack! nuu...

--------------------
user posted image
I am the raven...//I forget..."Send her over/A candle is lit, I see through her/Blow it out and save all her ashes for me./Curse me sold her/The poison that runs it's course through her/Pale white skin with strawberry gashes all over all/over/Watch me fault her/You're living like a disaster/She said kill me faster/with strawberry gashes all over" -Jack Off Jill

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 10 2003, 07:48 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (silent screams @ Aug 10 2003, 08:18 PM)
and i stay up well past 4am a lot of the time. school starts...gnnr! thursday! ack! nuu...

Same. Im not gonna be able to pay attention when i go back to school. ph34r.gif unsure.gif

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 10 2003, 08:26 PM
Post #8

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

Bah. I can't sleep, so I just write stories and shiitake mushrooms like that. (Shyte. Not the mushrooms. Bah... you know what I mean.)

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 10 2003, 08:58 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (elf @ Aug 10 2003, 09:26 PM)
(Shyte. Not the mushrooms. Bah... you know what I mean.)

heehee laugh.gif

+Quote Post
silent screams
post Aug 11 2003, 01:07 AM
Post #10

shiitake mushrooms? i've never had one. mushrooms scare me. funny texture. like mangos. EVIL.

--------------------
user posted image
I am the raven...//I forget..."Send her over/A candle is lit, I see through her/Blow it out and save all her ashes for me./Curse me sold her/The poison that runs it's course through her/Pale white skin with strawberry gashes all over all/over/Watch me fault her/You're living like a disaster/She said kill me faster/with strawberry gashes all over" -Jack Off Jill

+Quote Post
dharmabum
post Aug 11 2003, 04:38 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 524

I had a lot of trouble sleeping last year. Mostly because I got sick and they gave me one medicine that kept me awake and another one to counteract it to put me to sleep. the end result was that I sat around watching a lot of the 5th wheel and shaking.

It got so bad that one night I took a heavy dose of nyquil. Unfortunately, that night I had a dream that my blankets were trying to kill me and spent the rest of the night in the corner trying to fend them off with my stuffed Sully doll. Swore off Nyquil after that. Eventually sleep returned, always just short of the 5 days it takes to make you crazy.

--------------------
I leave you to draw your own conclusions. With crayons, no doubt.

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 11 2003, 04:11 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (dharmabum @ Aug 11 2003, 05:38 AM)
I had a lot of trouble sleeping last year. Mostly because I got sick and they gave me one medicine that kept me awake and another one to counteract it to put me to sleep. the end result was that I sat around watching a lot of the 5th wheel and shaking.

It got so bad that one night I took a heavy dose of nyquil. Unfortunately, that night I had a dream that my blankets were trying to kill me and spent the rest of the night in the corner trying to fend them off with my stuffed Sully doll. Swore off Nyquil after that. Eventually sleep returned, always just short of the 5 days it takes to make you crazy.

I wish Nyquill would make an advertisement out of that...

+Quote Post
silent screams
post Aug 11 2003, 05:37 PM
Post #13

that....really sucks. meh. i lose a lot of sleep mainly 'cause i can't sleep until past midnight. then i wake up at about 6am. trust me, i can only function normally with 12 hours of sleep. because i'm odd.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
dharmabum
post Aug 11 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 524

QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Aug 11 2003, 05:11 PM)
I wish Nyquill would make an advertisement out of that...

you know, I sent in the idea but apparently there are some legal issues. And the fact they don't feel like making their product look like its aimed towards strung out students. Meh, they're loss. There was going to be a catchy jingle and everything.

--------------------
I leave you to draw your own conclusions. With crayons, no doubt.

+Quote Post
silent screams
post Aug 13 2003, 04:18 PM
Post #15

catchy jingles are the epitome of all evil! that....and a few other things. 0.o jingles are what cause me lack of sleep, i tell you!

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
emiliza
post Aug 16 2003, 05:12 AM
Post #16

math head

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 488

I lose sleep in the summer, winter, any time. I just lose sleep, period. But yeah, this summer I've lost more sleep than ever. And the heat kind of affects it, eh.

+Quote Post
DarkLunacy
post Aug 16 2003, 05:43 AM
Post #17

Worrying

Member No.: 511

I have insomnia... really sucks... I dont sleep till 7 am and wake up at 4 pm... anyone have a cure? I tried taking ambien but that makes me puke... dont wanna choke on vomit

--------------------
Remember,
If its something I wouldn't do.... Damn what are you doing?

"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls"

"Order some golf shoes, otherwise we'll never get outta this place alive..."

"How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me? "

+Quote Post
emiliza
post Aug 18 2003, 01:57 AM
Post #18

math head

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 488

Well...try sleeping pills. The generic cheap brands. They're weak so they shouldnt make ya puke..

+Quote Post
Belldandy
post Aug 18 2003, 03:33 AM
Post #19

Super advanced member

Member No.: 518

I've lived in Texas all my life, so the heat doesn't bother me so much. But it seems I can never get to sleep at a decent hour anyway. Like Sarah, I think it's "Sleep Conditioning", first with the anime and then with Anne Rice books, which have had an even worse effect. At least the anime was consistantly over by 1 am, but I could read all night. I've gone to bed before only to not be able to sleep, and have to turn on the light and read for an hour or so (or until the words stopped making sense) or else I never would get to sleep.

I like to sleep with the fan on too--even when it's cold, then I just have to bundle up in blankets. I guess I find the sound soothing.

+Quote Post
Caughtinlife
post Aug 18 2003, 09:10 AM
Post #20

Worrying

Member No.: 517

QUOTE (Belldandy @ Aug 18 2003, 04:33 AM)
I've lived in Texas all my life, so the heat doesn't bother me so much. But it seems I can never get to sleep at a decent hour anyway. Like Sarah, I think it's "Sleep Conditioning", first with the anime and then with Anne Rice books, which have had an even worse effect. At least the anime was consistantly over by 1 am, but I could read all night. I've gone to bed before only to not be able to sleep, and have to turn on the light and read for an hour or so (or until the words stopped making sense) or else I never would get to sleep.

I like to sleep with the fan on too--even when it's cold, then I just have to bundle up in blankets. I guess I find the sound soothing.

Maybe thats what why i cant sleep.. too many books, my friend reckons aswell that i dont burn enough energy in the day to be able to just lie down and sleep

Mines really embarrising, dont know how many other people have to do this but when im in my bed i HAVE to sleep with the little lamp light on otherwise i will totally freak out and not sleep at all unsure.gif damn over active imagination..it doesnt help that my house is haunted either

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 12:18 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!