> Birthdays
Caughtinlife
post Aug 18 2003, 08:20 PM
Post #1

Worrying

Group: New Members
Member No.: 517

Is it me or are they always so goddamned depressing sad.gif

I always feel really bad for reasons i shant bore you with and today it feels like no one gives a toss
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Aug 18 2003, 08:29 PM
Post #2

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

depressing? why?

+Quote Post
Caughtinlife
post Aug 18 2003, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Worrying

Because it reminds you of how crap this world is

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Aug 18 2003, 08:44 PM
Post #4

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

*shrugs* My birthdays are always relatively cheerful, if only because I have BIG SHINY PRESENTS I can play with. One of my hang-ups, though, is that I never have birthday parties. Ever. I never have a party in my honour for anything. Even typing about it is making me cringe. I hate the idea.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
VVes
post Aug 18 2003, 08:51 PM
Post #5

iHuman

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 483

Actually my B-days now that I'm older are kixxazz, much better than icecream and soda, I tell you ...we can go to a freind's house with a pool , have drinks and drive cars, watch movies and shag in one of the guest bedrooms...hehehe...and sometimes we just all celebrate a month's worth of b-days on one day and it's a helluva parteee!!!

laugh.gif

--------------------

I live in my own little world, but it's ok they know me here.
Solo pensando en ti Dayan

+Quote Post
Caughtinlife
post Aug 18 2003, 08:52 PM
Post #6

Worrying

heh maybe its just me then...

ugh i havent even got any presents either because people have insisted on giving me them early, well my mum and nana. No one else to give me any, not botherd anyway

heh look at me im such a sour puss, sorry for bothering ya i just need to let off steam

+Quote Post
Weary Traveler
post Aug 18 2003, 08:53 PM
Post #7

sing a song of sorrow..

Member No.: 537

I don't really have parties either.. ever... for anything.. birthdays aren't that bad but that may just be I'm still young and the older I get the privillages the country decides to give me biggrin.gif

--------------------
<center>user posted image
Aria is my adopted noob ^^</center>

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 18 2003, 08:58 PM
Post #8

disappear with the wandering wind

Member No.: 294

My birthdays aren't always cheerful. *nods*

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Aug 18 2003, 11:00 PM
Post #9

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

My birthdays are usually pretty cheerful for me too.

My only beef with birthdays is all around the school, I notice people and their friends putting happy birthday stuff on their lockers and showering them with praise and love. Bleh! I never got such a thing and I get jealous sometimes. Another thing is surprise birthday events, sure would be nice to get one of those dry.gif aw well as long as people i care bout are around me then it's cool. happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Aug 18 2003, 11:24 PM
Post #10

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

no ones really remembered my birthday for years. a few mates at school did and my aunt but thats about it. well i say not remembered but more just didnt even wish me a hapy birthday, like forgetting my name or missin me out at christmas. im used to it now anyways.

but yes, i find birthdays depressing.

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Aug 19 2003, 12:03 AM
Post #11

I've been brainwashed

Group: Admin
Member No.: 526

Trust me birthday get better as you get old cause you don't have to get permission to have praties & you can arrange your own things to do & stuff like that. My 21st I had a Rocky Horror at friends who had there own house we could tear up & my 25 I had a halloween party at my own place which was a blast & the only thing I needed to worry about was the morning after (AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH) biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
nordelen
post Aug 22 2003, 10:26 AM
Post #12

the monitor lizzards are coming!

Member No.: 299

QUOTE (Caughtinlife @ Aug 18 2003, 09:52 PM)
heh maybe its just me then...

nope, it not just you. i have never had a birthday party. my parents stopped buying me presents when i was about ten, opting instead for the simple act of presenting me with money. absolutly no thought put into it whatsoever sad.gif . now i just dont care about birthays.

--------------------
let me FIND a lifestyle before you judge me on it

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Aug 22 2003, 11:35 AM
Post #13

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Last birthday I organised a trip for myself and 5 friends to Amsterdam! You wanna have fun? Be self-absorbed and organise it yourself! Worked for me biggrin.gif

Sam
x

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
reaper
post Aug 25 2003, 10:59 PM
Post #14

I live again......

Member No.: 358

To me good Birthdays are ones that are spent with friends and ovcourse my angel. When I was little it used to be so easy to figure out what I wanted for my B day then when I got older I just wanted the money haha, I dunno why.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
Belldandy
post Aug 26 2003, 02:50 AM
Post #15

Super advanced member

Member No.: 518

I have mixed feelings about my birthdays, I think...mostly, it's just not as big a deal as it used to be. But I still try to do something fun. This year I went with one of my friends...and my parents...to see Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (so the most fun thing about that perhaps was forcing my parents to watch anime...heh). Then we went to the Cheese Cake Factory (if you haven't been there, it's really good, and as the name suggests, they have lots of different kinds of yummy cheese cake). But otherwise, the thing with getting older...I mean, yeah, I can vote this year, and buy lottery tickets (neither of which I have done yet, there haven't been any elections so far and I think buying lottery tickets is about the same as flushing money down the toilet), but other than that, 18 felt about the same as 17...of course, since I've moved into my dorm I get to live without my parents, and choose what to do with my time, and what I eat, and make my own decisions about pretty much everything, now it's a lot different, which is exciting, but back in April, everything was just kind of the same as it always was. And maybe that was what gave it just a little bit of a depressing overtone. Hey though, who knows what I'll do this year...but it probably won't include my parents, at least for part of my plans! That will be exciting, too.

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Aug 26 2003, 03:05 AM
Post #16

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

My birthdays are cool. I have three best friends. And they always make me feel really special. We're mutual best friends, the four of us, so we always do stuff together on our birthdays. Like we have taken Carrie to Harry Potter the last two years, we went and spent the night on Rachelle's birthday, and on mine we all went to the movies. Crystal has a summer birthday though... sad.gif ...hard to organize.

Birthdays are fun, but sometimes depressing too. Because childhood is really really short, and every year I remember I am one step closer to being an adult. That terrifies me to no end.

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2017 - 12:28 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!