Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Save The Dave
LoLo
post Aug 22 2003, 01:58 AM
Post #1

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm putting this in daily life, because it's not daft, even though it sort of sounds like it.

Basically this is what it is and I wanted to share it with anyone who may want to help by pledging money or bidding on the items on the online auction.

Save the Dave is this years campaign by the morning DJ's for the radio station I listen to , to raise money for a great charity called chicks in crisis. This charity basically raises money, gets donations of clothes, diapers, whatever to help single moms that need help. Every year the morning Dj's do something to help this wonderful charity.

The first year The Dave stayed in a cage in the zoo until they raised the goal of I think it was 30,000 or 40,000 dollars for this charity. Last year it was Mt. The Dave, where The Dave was stranded on top of a mountain climbing facility until they reached 50,000 dollars. This year The Dave is on an island in the middle of the California State fair and will be staying there until 60,000 dollars is raised to help this charity.

Curious yet? Here's the site if you want to check it out.

Save The Dave

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 22 2003, 03:01 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

Yay no one cares but me! dry.gif

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Skiz
post Aug 22 2003, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Super advanced member

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 394

Thats novel. Our station only ever does gigs and that kind of stuff for Manchester Kids (their chairty). Theres the occasional auction but nothing great.

Normal competitions are great though, they upset the Daily Mail a couple of years ago for given away a divorce on valentines day and also giving a couple the chance to join the mile high club. The latest one was stalking someone and giving details out over the radio, if you could work out it was you you got 20k. They organise all the s__t for Manchester United too *spits*.

[this post editted by lolo : no cussing]

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 07:18 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!