IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Did It, I asked Brent out
Feyliya
post Aug 25 2003, 03:17 AM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

My dearest friend
And secret love
I see him every day
He holds my heart
He thrills my mind
To be with him, I pray
He does not know
My heart is his
He is only my friend
So best of friends
Or deepest love?
And both might be the end.

I wrote that poem a few weeks before I asked Brent out. And it's still mostly true, though now he knows how I feel about him. When I asked him out, he said he liked me as a friend, and that he wanted to keep it that way. So I finally manage to scrape up the courage to ask him after four years, and I get rejected. I'm not all that surprised. I'm not exactly the catch of the day. I'm unpopular, bad tempered, and not pretty. And I wasn't expecting avowals of unending love. I might have been hoping for it, but I deffinitely wasn't expecting it. But still, it's just so.....depressing. To finally get up the nerve to ask, and have nothing change afterwards. We're still friends, which is what really matters, I guess. But I still love him. And after four years, I suspect that that's never going to change.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Aug 25 2003, 03:22 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I hope he changes his mind, because you are a beautiful person.

I know sometimes it's hard to get up the guts to say something to a friend that you like(love) and props to you for doing so! Can I get some of that courage?

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Aug 25 2003, 03:23 AM
Post #3

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Group: New Members
Member No.: 65

What you did took a lot of courage. Something I never had the courage to do. You can look back and know that you tried, that you were true to your heart, even though that meant rejection. You won't have to wonder back and think, "What could have been?"

And I think you'd be a stellar catch. You're obviously a sensitive person with a soul that's probably unmatched with any other girl your Brent comes to fancy. Just so you know. smile.gif

*hugs*

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Aug 25 2003, 03:38 AM
Post #4

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 374

You could always kidnap him. That's what I would do. Of course, I'm not the kind of guy you should be talking about relationships with. Never had one, never dated, never asked anyone out. So I commend you on your courage. Hopefully it'll get easier. And hey, at least he didn't push you away. You can still hang out with him and stare, right?

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Aug 25 2003, 03:48 AM
Post #5

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

I hope he changes his mind, too. But I don't think he will. And I do still get to sit and stare at him. Besides, I can always ask again later. And to quote A Walk To Remember, and incidentally, the Bible as well (funny funny, a Witch quoting the Bible laugh.gif ):

"Love is very patient and kind
Love is never jealous or envious
Love is never boastful or proud
Love is never haughty or selfish or rude
Love does not demand its own way
Love is not irritable or touchy
Love does not hold grudges and
will hardly even notice when others do it wrong
Love is never gald about injustice, but
rejoices whenver truth wins out
If you love someone, you will be loyal
to him no matter what the cost
You will always believe in him,
always expect the best of him,
and always stand your ground in defending him."

-1 Corinthians 13:4-6

I'll just have to exercise a little more of that patience it's talking about. Although, I personally think that four years is more than enough.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
leopold
post Aug 25 2003, 10:52 AM
Post #6

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

Unrequited love is a bitch... sad.gif

Four years is a bit long. I'd be a bit surprised if he changed his mind after so long, but stranger things have happened, people and circumstances change... just don't put everythin on hold for it.

Good on ya for tryin, though. Life is a gamble, and nobody gets anywhere unless they take the risks. Sure, this time it didn't quite pay off, but at least the only thing you lost was the "What if?" hangin over your friendship. I lost count of the number of times I stuck at friend level cos I didn't wanna lose someone as a friend...

Fey, from what I've seen of ya here, ya seem like a really sweet, pleasant an fun person. I reckon there's plenty of guys out there who'd be with ya in a heartbeat!

/me gives fey huge hugs

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 25 2003, 06:02 PM
Post #7

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

OMG! *huge hugs* My jaw dropped when I saw this topic.

Well, good for you that you finally got up the courage to ask him out! I know how hard it is. Now, like Sarah said, at least you won't wonder what could have been.

I'm really sorry that you got shot down though. sad.gif You really are a wonderful person, at least from what I know of you on here. You deserve the best. smile.gif *hugs again*

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Aug 25 2003, 06:08 PM
Post #8

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

gah...bah...

i know exactly how ya feel... i had the same kinda episode with someone i had been in love with for two years and it wasnt very pleasant for me or the people i ended up talking to about it. funny thing is - she was a redhead too...

its weird how your body and mind and heart can be in conflict over something like this - my mind keeps trying to get over her, but my heart doesnt want to and my body wont let me. i hope it turns out easier for u than it did for me wink.gif

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
reaper
post Aug 25 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #9

I live again......

Group: New Members
Member No.: 358

It took a lot of courage to do what you did, not many people can say they have done what you did and I would be one. I have had feelings for people before and never had the guts to tell them for fear of rejection or stopping myself. I am sorry to hear that he just wants to be friends. Atleasts now your feelings for him are out there and maybe someday who knows he could come to you and if he doesnt you still have a good friend, thats worth a lot to.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 04:42 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!