Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Past Few Days, Oh, so now I can get to this forum
Belldandy
post Aug 26 2003, 01:51 AM
Post #1

Super advanced member

Group: New Members
Member No.: 518

Well, if you read my post in "Issues" where it does not belong, the internet here has been down for the past few days, all over campus, or so I thought (I've heard stories of it working in one of the resident hall computer labs), thus I haven't been on the forums for a while.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, here's what's happened with me since:

I bought new goldfish. They're both fantails, one is completely white and has one red eye and one blue eye, and her name is Isis (or his, but I think of her as female), and the other is a calico with black/grey eyes named Osiris (again, think of him as male, but no telling).

I got a ticket for running two stop signs. Supposedly I ran two stop signs. I don't think I did.

Rented "Stigmata". Good movie.

Classes started today. I had my East Asian politics class this morning, and algebra this afternoon.

And now I'm doing laundry; isn't that exciting?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Aug 26 2003, 01:55 AM
Post #2

I post more than I speak

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 116

well, if you read my post in issues, replying to your thread, you would know that i welcomed you back and that i noticed that you were gone... hehe...

very lame that you got a ticket... nothing too bad though, right?

and laundrey is VERY exciting!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

welcome back biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Belldandy
post Aug 26 2003, 02:12 AM
Post #3

Super advanced member

Thanks for noticing, Cheese.

If anything, maybe my wheels just didn't completley stop turning...cops can be so picky...no offense to any police officers out there... The really lame thing is, I don't even know where the city that I'm supposed to pay the fine to is. I didn't even know I was outside of Denton, but the ticket says Cornice or something.

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Aug 26 2003, 02:17 AM
Post #4

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

eek! that isnt good... do you know where/how to find out where to pay?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 26 2003, 02:25 AM
Post #5

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

QUOTE (Belldandy @ Aug 25 2003, 07:12 PM)
The really lame thing is, I don't even know where the city that I'm supposed to pay the fine to is.  I didn't even know I was outside of Denton, but the ticket says Cornice or something.

If that's the case, you should challenge it. Presuming you have witnesses who can attest to the fact that you weren't in Cornice or wherever it is.

Bonus: If the cop who wrote the ticket doesn't show up to court (as they sometimes don't)...you owe nothing. happy.gif

PS: Welcome back! smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Belldandy
post Aug 26 2003, 02:34 AM
Post #6

Super advanced member

Don't get me wrong, I probably was in Cornice or whatever...that happens a lot around here because there's a lot of little tiny suburbs. It's nothing strange to get a ticket from a place you never knew existed. Be it annoying...anyway, all I have to do to pay the ticket is call the number on the ticket, and then mail the money to them. Or, I could take a defensive driving course, and have the whole thing would be struck from my record. But to that I'd have to go to the courthouse there to apply, and I haven't got the slightest idea where it is. I can always just call them and ask, though. I don't know what I'll do yet, this is the first ticket I've ever gotten, so I really don't want it on my record, but taking the defensive driving course would be such a hassle...I have eight more days to decide before they put a warrant out for my arrest unsure.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2017 - 08:24 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!