Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh, Merlin...
elf
post Aug 27 2003, 04:40 PM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

So a looooooooong time ago I found this girl brooding over Legolas (online on her blog) saying "OMG HE IS LYKE SOOOOOOOOOO HOTTTTTTTTTT!" So I got a bit pissed at all the teenyboppers liking LOTR all of a sudden cuz "omg he's so hot!" So I called her an "omg he's so hot" girl, and she got mad and hurt ... She said she was 11. So I did a search on my website today (I was bored and wanted to see who linked me) and I found the girl posting about me all over!

Okay, I've probably rambled about this enough in Maven...but remember that girl that called me an OMG-HE'S-SO-HOT girl over Legolas?Now I can't expect to say "OOOOOOOH!!!I love Legolas!!!" every day and not be called something.But what really bothered me was that her domain was elven-girl.com, she had a legolas clique (or so I read on her site) AND...well, I could go on forever.

She's calling me a hypocrite. Is my domain legolas-girl.com? No. It's elven-girl.com because I admire elves, not just Legolas. I don't have a Legolas clique either. dhfalsjkfhlasjfasdh... immature teenyboppers new to the internet... *curses under her breath* I have liked LOTR since I was, like, NINE... Ugh!

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Weary Traveler
post Aug 27 2003, 04:51 PM
Post #2

sing a song of sorrow..

Member No.: 537

It sickens me because I know a lot of people who went to see the LOTR just to see Orlando Bloom. Many of them hadn't even read the books! Its sick, the movies where pretty good over all but really READ THE BOOKS! thier the originals and thier so much better. anyway I'm going to stop now before I start ranting..

--------------------
<center>user posted image
Aria is my adopted noob ^^</center>

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 27 2003, 05:00 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Weary Traveler @ Aug 27 2003, 09:51 AM)
It sickens me because I know a lot of people who went to see the LOTR just to see Orlando Bloom. Many of them hadn't even read the books! Its sick, the movies where pretty good over all but really READ THE BOOKS! thier the originals and thier so much better. anyway I'm going to stop now before I start ranting..

No, go ahead! This is what this topic is about. i'm ranting... ugh... asdfulahsdljfahsdj...

--------------------

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Aug 27 2003, 05:14 PM
Post #4

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Group: Admin
Member No.: 71

QUOTE (Weary Traveler @ Aug 27 2003, 10:51 AM)

What, so all stars in movies that are based on other forms of media must be dog-rough? How many folks do you think went to see Tomb Raider on the basis of Angelina Jolie's massive chest-puppies, as opposed to an admiration of the character, and 'complicated' plotlines? And what about Liv Tyler - she's a bit saucy as Arwen - should she be banned?

Chill out - it's a blockbuster film, and as such, is appealing to the lowest common denominator. Just be thankful it stuck pretty much to the book. More to the point, elves are supposed to be incredibly beautiful.

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Aug 27 2003, 06:34 PM
Post #5

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

don't listen to anyone who calls you a hypocrite, Liz. .-. You're one of the coolest, neatest people I know. Keekekekekeke.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 27 2003, 06:39 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Jonman @ Aug 27 2003, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (Weary Traveler @ Aug 27 2003, 10:51 AM)

What, so all stars in movies that are based on other forms of media must be dog-rough? How many folks do you think went to see Tomb Raider on the basis of Angelina Jolie's massive chest-puppies, as opposed to an admiration of the character, and 'complicated' plotlines? And what about Liv Tyler - she's a bit saucy as Arwen - should she be banned?

Chill out - it's a blockbuster film, and as such, is appealing to the lowest common denominator. Just be thankful it stuck pretty much to the book. More to the point, elves are supposed to be incredibly beautiful.

<<; Bah, that's not the point. The point is she called me a hypocrite even though I wasn't =X

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Aug 27 2003, 10:14 PM
Post #7

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

• The books are wonderful
  • The films are practically unique, being a book-to-film conversion that doesn't suck mad horse dong
  • The books are still better
  • Orlando Bloom is hot
  • Liz rocks

I think that's all I wanted to say.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 27 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #8

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Aug 27 2003, 03:14 PM)
  • The books are wonderful
  • The films are practically unique, being a book-to-film conversion that doesn't suck mad horse dong
  • The books are still better
  • Orlando Bloom is hot
  • Liz rocks

I think that's all I wanted to say.

Exactly. At least these movies stick to the basic theme of the books...unlike many movies that are based on books...

Mists of Avalon springs immediately to mind (although technically a miniseries). If you have seen that piece of trash and think it's good, you obviously haven't read the book (I LOVE the book. The miniseries was awful beyond belief). LOTR is pretty unique in that people who have adored the books for years can also like the movies.

That being said, that girl is an EDIT for saying you're a hypocrite, Liz. smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Aug 28 2003, 02:33 AM
Post #9

~~Sanity Impaired since 1986~~

Member No.: 82

Ok, I have not been one of the lucky ones to read the LOTR novels but when i saw the movies, wow. The plot was so well done, and how can i say this for not reading bout it you ask? well i have friends who have read those books so they filled me in, but they couldnt fill me in on how good both movies were!

As for the hypercrite remark, pssssh...she's just lil air-headed. Those kinda people should not be your bother because you are better than her of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DarkenedSilence
post Aug 28 2003, 05:08 AM
Post #10

Super advanced member

Member No.: 546

QUOTE (candice @ Aug 27 2003, 11:27 PM)
Exactly. At least these movies stick to the basic theme of the books...unlike many movies that are based on books...

The one series that comes to mind is the silence of the lambs for me. Especially in Hannibal. The book was the worst in the series as it was cause it was written with "movie ptetntial" in mind, it was obvious. Then the movie goes and screws up a book that already screwed itself up trying to fit a movie mold. I'm just pissed that they removed entire subplots and several important characters

--------------------
Life is an inlaw, so treat it like you would any inlaw. Turn up the TV volume ignore it and hope it shuts up soon.

+Quote Post
oxym0ronical
post Aug 28 2003, 05:48 AM
Post #11

badfish

Member No.: 139

Okay, I hate to point out the obvious, but.. she's 11 years old. Most kids that age are going to say something when they feel they've been wronged. Whether you hurt her, upset her, whatever, it's her way of striking out. Give the kid a break.. she has a lot of years left to grow up in.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 28 2003, 03:20 PM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (oxym0ronical @ Aug 27 2003, 10:48 PM)
Okay, I hate to point out the obvious, but.. she's 11 years old. Most kids that age are going to say something when they feel they've been wronged. Whether you hurt her, upset her, whatever, it's her way of striking out. Give the kid a break.. she has a lot of years left to grow up in.

Ahhh that's true. I hadn't noticed the age before.

I'd say just ignore it, Liz. It isn't worth getting angry over. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pixelgoth
post Aug 28 2003, 03:27 PM
Post #13

Flaps and spins on the spot

Member No.: 390

Mists of Avalon! Excellent book. I really must read the rest smile.gif Any good?

I wouldn't let her get to you, she's is only 11 and she'll grow up. You want to worry when 27 year olds are doing this. I've had experience of this recently rolleyes.gif

She's entitled to her opinion but that doesn't make it right in your eyes which you are also entitled to believe biggrin.gif

Elves are pretty. My surname being Self (note the 'elf' ending) I can concur that all elves are gorgeous!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Hope confidentally, do valiantly, wait patiently!
Rather light a candle than complain about the dark!
Enjoy what you have and hope for what you lack
Thoughts become things, choose the good ones[/center]
[center]Carpe diem

+Quote Post
elf
post Aug 28 2003, 03:37 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (candice @ Aug 28 2003, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (oxym0ronical @ Aug 27 2003, 10:48 PM)

Ahhh that's true. I hadn't noticed the age before.

I'd say just ignore it, Liz. It isn't worth getting angry over. smile.gif

True... but I was only 12 when it started.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Aug 28 2003, 03:39 PM
Post #15

Candbrush Threepwood

QUOTE (Pixiegoth @ Aug 28 2003, 08:27 AM)
Mists of Avalon! Excellent book. I really must read the rest smile.gif Any good?

You mean ones like Lady of Avalon and Forest House? Yes, they are very good. happy.gif I have both of those. I want the other one...I think it's called Priestess of Avalon, I can't remember. I don't suppose they showed that awful miniseries of it over there, did they? They completely screwed it up. People were dying in ways that were ridiculous, the theme was just completely wrong, none of the events were even close to what happened in the book....we read Mists for a class then decided to watch the miniseries at the end as a celebration. Oy. We were all outraged. I mean, literally ready to murder the director/writers for ruining such an excellent book. I think it'd be better if it was broken up into 4 movies for each of the 4 sections. They tried to cram all 800+ pages into three hours. dry.gif OH! And they left out KEVIN! Can you believe that crap? Ugh. Okay, I'm getting angry again..lol.

But meanwhile...I've gone WAY off-topic! Sorry Liz! smile.gif Bad Candice.

Although I must sayyy...for being 11, the girl doesn't have bad taste. I drooled over Legolas as well. Mmm. But...I also don't come on here and say "Omggggggg I watched The Fellowship of the Ring for the 23948329482nd time today, and Legolas is sooooo hot!!!" But then I'm also 10 years older than her...lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 05:38 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!