> Official Battlefield Requests/challenge Area
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 12:14 AM
Post #1

~才Sanity Impaired since 1986~才

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 82

Yes...
Something inside me from my old roots of Superbards has brought me into asking any free person on this site into a character battle. What I mean by character is you made up into someone like fer instance I am an elemental keeper, I control elements and elemental attacks like water or fire don't do as much damage to me as physical ones. Hell you can even make a character up. I thought this would be cool.

How this works is if you want to challenge someone, you message in here and once the other party has accepted in here one of you make your topic in daft that is titled "Character Battle" or something like that, does not need to be exactly like that. Of course with any battle, there are rules.

1. No Spamming - I am enforcing this since I made this topic....during the battles you can comment on how the opponents are doing and so fourth in a topic but not just cheer for them.

2. Settings and The first move - Whoever Accepts the challenge of their opponent, has the choice of either Picking the imaginary setting (eg.Ice Arena) and having the first move. Make this clear in your new thread. If the person does not want to start the first move or choose the setting then make that clear in the topic you guys create.

3. Characters - If you decide to create a character on the spot, then make sure whoever you are challenging, with your post just put a description in about your battling character (Status, abilities, Health), and if course if you want write a paragraph about them.

4. Have fun - To really get a lot out of this type of thing you gotta have fun. So what if you lose to someone? Not a big deal. Even if it is a serious match. It's all in your technique that you get the credits for in the end. Plus makes you feel good too happy.gif

Ok, so now that I have given you guys the basics. Let the challenges begin!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 12:48 AM
Post #2

(NOTE: all these things are my character's)

Tigerlily
Also known as: Lylian Rebecca(first and middle name, surname is unknown), or Tigereyes

Height: 5'7

Appearance: Deep Blue eyes with light blue rings around the pupils, dark coloured short hair, A symbol of the north star birthmark on left hand, has silver shadow gauntlets on both wrists, and has Dark Green Gem necklace with gold chain on (Gem has north star symbol embedded in it), a second silver chain necklace with that (good luck charm)and wears usually a black and gold rimmed cloak with Dark green top and dark blue pants and black boots with silver stripes going up the sides.

Weapons: Green gem with golden chain (absorbs counter energy), Silver metal staff

Abilites: Teleknesis, All abilties in psychic energy, Controls elemental abilties (fire, water, earth, air, light, darkness, shadow and Crown), knows the ways of Tai chi and of the samurai and is acrobatic.

Health: /1500
Damage Counters elemental: 1/2 damage
Damage Counters Physical(Normal Attacks): Norm.

Bio: Born in 2054, a few weeks after coming into the world her parents were killed in a fatal what seemed like an accident. Her and her older brother Tai Niari were aplit up after he was adopted by a known samurai. Was adopted by a woman who was the elemental keepr at the time named Megumi Kara Ogata and was raised in Japan. Started training at 5 years old. By Age 10, was told of her origin as Ogata's next successor and of her older brother Tai who at that time was 16. At age 14 had completed basis training with guardian and was given leave to live with Tai, and brother and sister were reunited.

They fought along side for many years, gaining and losing allies as the moons changed over and over. One ally which stayed most loyal was of a shadow warrior He was around in spirit seeing events like Ogata's illness and slumber take place.

One fierce battle with the birth of the Nagash (Dark knight/beast) ended Tai's life and of the shadow warriors, but of that warrior's soul was stored in Tigerlily's heart, and with the help of the halls of shadows (where the shadow warrior had been placed) he was ressurected was Ravenroth valdin Reaper (who was a fighter in a long ago great war) and together they fought side by side. Tigerlily also gained an apprentice, a young girl named Veraci, at the age of 20. Her final battle was with her ressurected brother, after turning sides and went of the powers of the dead Nagash. He was defeated and his trapped soul was setfree to finally be at peace.

Tigerlily now 23, has a new life with that shadow warrior, and with her apprentice who is now 14. Now her life struggles have neded and has decided her life to the people that she cares about most.

Open Challenge(single opponent match): For anyone wanting to battle me, post in topic. Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alanity
post Sep 7 2003, 01:28 AM
Post #3

FUEGO!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 386

I'd like to challenge you but I don't know much about setting my char up as I haven't role played outside computer games using hitpoints and the like.
Oh and does it matter what kind of setting your char comes from? I usually prefer post apoc.

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Sep 7 2003, 01:35 AM
Post #4

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

( my character)

[SIZE=7]MAGIKEYES
[SIZE=1] Also known as: Raenah Alvarez or Sorceress

Status: Master of all Magik and Commander of all magikal creatures

Height : 5'6

appearence: ankle length, black and violet hair... black eyes with grey pupils. A pentagram burned into chest and neck. Wolf tatoo on lower back and shoulders. Rose Quarts necklace hangs from neck, black and sliver braclets spiral up arms. 2 silver rings with magikal animals true names engraved in them are on her left hand, one on her ring finger and another on her thumb. Silver chain hangs from her belly button piercing and disapers into her pants pocket. Normaly wears baggy black *boy* dickies, black tank top and vans. Burns and deep cuts are all over her stomach and shoulders from a previous battle. her canine teeth are exceptionaly long and pointed.

weapons: pure silver athame and sword

Abilities: can use all magik.. light or dark. able to comand magikal creatires such as Unicorns, Griffins, Phynixes, Fairies, Werewolves, and other magikly suseptable animals. Used to be a street fighter. Eyes can hypnotize with a single glace, ablitly to control minds. Can bespell a man with her voice *singing only*

Health: /1500 ( thats the maximum right tiger?)
*tiger i need your help!*

Bio: Born on June 18, 2060, during the full moon in New Jersey. Mother and Father were both masters of magikal abilities.Her mother was Master of Dark magik and her father Master of Light magik. Her brother is normal, and free of any magikal abilities. her mother and father were killed in a fire accident when Rae was 7. She was sent to an insane asylum at age 9 because she attacked her brother, and said the dog was "telling her to do it". she was let out at age 14 for good behavior. She was sent to her grandmothers house and her ganny tought her how to controll her magik. She mastered her magik by age 15 and began to go to public school again. She got in fights and became involned with the "bad" kids... she leared to fight and hold her own weight *figurativly speaking* she graduated by age 16 and moved to Paris.

Now curently living in Paris at age 17, she lives alone with her black cat. She has to use glamore everyday due to the natural color of her hair and eyes, and the length of her canine teeth. Her goal now is to be who she is and have people accept her for that.

*if you want me to edit it, Tiger, just let me know....*

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Sep 7 2003, 02:05 AM
Post #5

Guests

This is silly... I'll have a form filled out by, say, Wednesday, okay?

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 02:10 AM
Post #6

No it doesnt need to be as the maximum. its a regular basis one i just thought would be good to start everyone off. Best way to up it fairly is by 50s or 100s (no higher than 200) when you win a battle in a topic. sounds fair?

I'd like to challenge you but I don't know much about setting my char up as I haven't role played outside computer games using hitpoints and the like.
Oh and does it matter what kind of setting your char comes from? I usually prefer post apoc.

Well i put my statuses and bio in this chat. Its kinda like a basis thing to show everyone the usuals. All you need to do is post your bio and i will accept your challenge.

BTW Magik, very good starter profile, I am impressed. you can now challenge people anyitme you wish.

Its a proper thing, have all your info like magik and I and then you can challenge anyone you wish and if they wanna know your info, then they can look here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Sep 7 2003, 02:19 AM
Post #7

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Sep 6 2003, 07:10 PM)

No it doesnt need to be as the maximum. its a regular basis one i just thought would be good to start everyone off. Best way to up it fairly is by 50s or 100s (no higher than 200) when you win a battle in a topic. sounds fair?

BTW Magik, very good starter profile, I am impressed. you can now challenge people anyitme you wish.

thankx tiger.... i just used the format u put.. smile.gif anyways here is the other part of my character profile...

Magikal damage counter: all spells will only do 1/2 the damage intended... (ie: spell that does 500 damge, will only do 250 to me)
Normal attacks ( w/ knives, swords, fire ect) do normal damage...

Rae can also deflect spells, curses, hexes and things of that sort with her sword and atheme

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 02:31 AM
Post #8

Good work magik happy.gif

As to obtain to Logicman: it isnt really a form its just somethign people can look at to know about your character when they wanna battle you.

and btw....damage counters if you use magic or some sort of thing, they can only be as maximum as 1/2 the damage. Physical attacks are normal only. Also, person who gets challenged and accepts can choose to make the topic or not, it does not matter but after accepting DO NOT forget to ask.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Sep 7 2003, 02:35 AM
Post #9

Guests

I'm confused, but I'll play along for now...

+Quote Post
Tarantio
post Sep 7 2003, 09:44 AM
Post #10

NyanNyanNyan

Member No.: 191

ahhh the old online rpgs... well, here goes nuthin wink.gif

DACE

height: Varies, 5'9" in possessed form

appearance: DACE is a Demon Lord of the Demon world. When he looks in your direction, fear his gaze, for his eyes see all that is there and all that is not. His cat-like yellow eyes, deep-set in a deaths-head facade, look straight into the soul of his victim - uhh... opponent... - and root themselves in the depths of the mind reserved only for the worst nightmares. His figure is as the void itself, and his shadow is cast upon all living and unliving alike. When possessing his current host he appears as a young man with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. The charming smile present on the face is not his though - his host's own soul has almost equal power to resist evil as DACE has to spread it. This is quite possibly DACE's only weakness - the "innocent" young man he has been forced to occupy has the power to subdue DACE temporarily... maybe if his opponent could get past DACE and into contact with this host, they could convince him to stop DACE's rampaging terror.

abilities: DACE commands a large portion of the Demon world and can call upon many more lesser demons for aid in battle. Due to the nature of DACE as the current lord of the chaos realm, he acts as a vortex for the magical powers that fuel all other realms. Any magical ability used against him will result in a fizzle and a pop - and thats only if its a powerful one. Aside from this, DACE is content to terrorise his opponents into submitting with his soul-peircing gaze, laughing shrilly as the hapless victim flees the battlefield.

weapons: gaze of fear, anit-magic field, demonic hordes, possessed sword.

stats: health 1500 (i presume we all start at this and move up as we win bouts? wink.gif)
magick damage counters: negated
physical damage counters: normal
"gaze of fear" damage counters: 1/2 (counts same as magic damage)

special: possession abilities - when possessed, DACE loses all abilities bar the magic immunity, and is no longer considered a lord of the Demon world. however, his host has one special ablility of his own:
unconquerable soul - DACE's host can resist all forms of mental, magical and supernatural intrusions upon his person, and is immune to any mind-altering states such as fear and anger. His soul is his own and will never be the tool of another being (and as such, this ability is not available to DACE).

there we go. challengers flock to my banner. you shall be rightly smote!

--------------------
When, will I, will I be famous?

I CAN'T ANSWER THAT, I CAN'T ANSWER THAT.

-Tara and DACE sing is available from DACETRON ltd.

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Sep 7 2003, 11:16 AM
Post #11

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Member No.: 559

SHARMAN

Height: 4'6"

Appearence: A single white band over his scarred eyes, and long, thin, pale bones, wrapped in fine black silk. As he has terrific telekinisis and mind reading skills, he has substituted physical strength for his mental strength. His body looks almost to be a bleached white skeleton, with pale, drawn skin and thin, white lips. He hasnt talked in years, favouring telepathy, and he hasnt walked since he was 'discovered' in his own village. He levitates and does everything with his mind. His head is slightly larger than average, and he often hugs himself for comfort.

Abilities: Sharman's powers give him a large advantage, as well as a large disadvantage in certain areas. He can pick up, move, push, pull and levitate any object/person/weapon. However, this requires a lot of concentration, and he can be vulnerable to attack. He doesn't walk, he levitates himself. This is so common to him and he is so light and frail, he thinks nothing of it and can perform other psychic abilities while doing so. He can spin away some energy from magical attacks.
His normal attack is with a large, clumsy sword he 'acquired' from a museum. He can read opponents minds, unless they block him mentally with great strength, and can whisper his own thoughts into their ear from miles away. He has no eyesight, but he knows what is going on around him.

Weapons: Levitating Small Sword (physical), Various mental powers (telephathy, telekinisis, levitation)

Stats: 1500hp -- BUT only when his mental powers are available. If he is somehow panicked, or his mental powers are rendered useless, or occupied with telekinises... his frail body by itself only has 300 hp... this number will never grow with levels, it is his bodys last natural resilience.
Physical damage counters negated, again while mental powers are available. If this is so... damage is doubled against his body
Magical damage counters 1/2

Bio: A young, blind boy, naturally gifted with extraordinary psychic abilities, who comes from a small, rural mountain village. Small, frail and clothed in simple black garments, he has spent many years travelling the lands. He was tortured and exiled from his village after his psychic talents became noticeable- his own parents threw stones at him with the rest of the mob, but only after burning out his eyes. He survived by nurturing his talent, as gradually it took over his physical side. Sharman cant lift a brick with an arm, but he can lift and throw a tank with his mind.
He gradually acquired a gift for street entertainment, and made what small money he could in the larger towns and cities he visited. He has always felt very alone... he has been searching for a friend, but other children and adults find him disturbing and often run off... or worse, tell the nearby authorities. This has led him to being much of a recluse, and hiding his talents from others... unless pushed.

Special
Mind Control: Sharman can grip and break the minds of aids... for instance, summoned creatures. However, he can only do one at a time.
Strong mind: He cannot be hypnotised, or scared by anything INFLICTED upon him. He often scares himself, and if he thinks he is going to lose he will feel fear.
'Invisibility': Sharman influences his opponent to think he isn't there, but this requires tremendous concentration and only affects one being. Also, this isnt a great refuge, since magical abilities can find him fairly quickly... leaving him vulnerable and shattered.

is this ok? havent really done this before, if bits need changing dont hesistate

i will consider any challenge, no matter what the context or type, or amount of people playing, or whatever. of course, i could say no tongue.gif

RECENT NOTES: Allied with Tigerlily. Also plays host to another spiritual being, its purpose so far unknown.

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 7 2003, 03:23 PM
Post #12

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Shimmers-By-Night

Wisp

Bio: Shimmers-By-Night is a night wisp from the forest of Ferulath. The Common Tongue has no word for her position, but she could be loosely described as an elder of the tribe. Uncommonly for a wisp, she can fight, and is fierce in defense of her territory.

Description: A glow of light, hovering at about head height.

Special Attributes:
She cannot be seen in bright light, such as direct sunlight, but in the dark she glows, and can clearly be seen at a distance.
As Shimmers-By-Night is discorporeal, physical attacks have no effect on her, but neither can she interact physically with the world.
Being a creature of the astral plane, her psychic powers are formidable - her primary strength is eidolonics, manipulating the minds and perceptions of others, but she also has a considerable powers of the elements and a limited telekinesis.

Stats:
HP: 1000
Physical damage: Ignored
Magical damage: Normal

Weapons/Equipment: None

Abilities:
Eidolonics: If successful, Shimmers-By-Night can control what an enemy perceives as real, trapping them in a reality of her own devising.
Suggestion: She can control her enemy more subtly, quietly urging them to take a misguided course of action.
Elemental control: She can control, to a certain extent, the elements, though this taxes her.
Telekinesis: This takes extreme concentration and leaves her vulnerable, but she can lift and move light objects.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 07:29 PM
Post #13

Like i said before, 1500hp is the starter one, but it is not manitory. Commie has 1000 and that's just fine. We seem to be getting a lot of psychic characters. For future people who decide upon this, try making or having a character with physical attacks as well as others. The one's we have so far being psychic or magic or demon based are fine....of course we can't be invinceable(DUHH). So keep this in mind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Sep 7 2003, 07:51 PM
Post #14

hmm ok... have you read mine? im sure if its too strong or not... i can always make him weaker or something, if it would level the playing field

--------------------

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (FurryMammal @ Sep 7 2003, 03:51 PM)
hmm ok... have you read mine? im sure if its too strong or not... i can always make him weaker or something, if it would level the playing field

Don't worry yours is on Furry, you did well with your guy, even complicated the hp factor a bit, nice job (damn i wish there were some thumbs up emoticons tongue.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alanity
post Sep 7 2003, 11:02 PM
Post #16

FUEGO!

Member No.: 386

QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Sep 7 2003, 11:44 PM)
(damn i wish there were some thumbs up emoticons tongue.gif)

Yeah that is a real edit, I'm hoping that if I poke their absense enough they'll magically appear.
I still need to think about my char but you can bet that he'll be a complete rip of the Amtrak Wars books. :

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 7 2003, 11:08 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Alanity @ Sep 7 2003, 07:02 PM)
QUOTE (TigerLily013 @ Sep 7 2003, 11:44 PM)
(damn i wish there were some thumbs up emoticons tongue.gif)

Yeah that is a real edit, I'm hoping that if I poke their absense enough they'll magically appear.
I still need to think about my char but you can bet that he'll be a complete rip of the Amtrak Wars books. :

LOL its ok as long as its a character. Once you done alanity, if you are still challenging me lemme know in here and also lemme know if you wanna pick the setting or shall i (also first move blah blah blah) i think i chatted enough in this thread tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Sep 8 2003, 01:58 AM
Post #18

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

Antosh Lightbane

Iksar

Bio - Born into a cold-hearted city of anger and hatred, the city of Cabilis, Antosh was a orphan. Alone, wearing rags, a powerful knight cloaked in darkness took young Antosh in with him, training him, breeding his hatred, purifying his anger. Years later, the knight handed Antosh a sword, and told him to kill anyone, who from that point on, who harrased, bothered, or attacked him. Antosh carried this mission with great success, until one day, he killed a young lady who was said to be rich, and have great artifacts on her person at all time. This young lady, was none other then the knights wife, the very same knight who took Antosh in, years ago. The Knight was greatly angered, and seeked Antosh's life to be ended. When Antosh heard of this, he fled Cabilis, knowing that he was not strong enough to kill the knight. Knowing that his strength as a warrior wasnt enough to kill the knight and go back to his home city, he began studying the art of necromancy, as well as swordsmanship. After many years of studying and training, he became a proficient killer, using sword, and magic simultaineously to kill his victoms. He became known as a Shadow-Knight, and was feared in lands he traveled, and even some lands that he had never been to. He then went back to kill the knight, so he could stop living in fear of being attacked, and live in Cabilis once again, but returned to find out that the knight had been killed in an attack against Cabilis. Realising that his only goal in life had been ruined, he seeks blood of many, he seeks to cause pain and suffering to all who oppose him. His new goal, is to become strong enough, intelligent enough, to single-handedly conquer Cabilis by himself. The only way to become strong enough, is to kill many, fight often to hone is skills, and become more experienced in his arts of killing.

Description - Iksars are a large reptilian race, Antosh, is 6ft 4in, and has a muscular build. He wears black chain mail, stained by blood, and smells of sweat. It is not uncommon to have a black aura form around his entire body when he gets enraged.

Special Attributes - Due to an Iksars scales, they cannot wear any form of platemail, but due to the toughness of an iksars scales, chainmail is more then suffice. Antosh can use necromatic magics, including a siphoning of life, reducing of strength, and the boiling of blood, but his mind quickly gets tired if his oppenent is strong enough to resist the spells. Uses a large bastard sword with great skill, but lacks the ability to weild two swords at the same time. Black aura forms around Antosh when his health is below thirty percent, causing him to resist damage slightly(ten percent)

Stats -
HP - 1800
physical damage - peircing damage is stronger then it would be normally.
magical damage - slightly resistant to heat and cold, while mind affecting spells are slightly more effective.

Equipment - Greenmist (Antosh named his sword once he began being known as a shadowknight), blood stained chain mail.

Abilities -

Siphon life - removes health from his opponent, adding to his total. cannot be healed past his base life. spell can be resisted
Wave of Enfeeblement - removes strength from opponent's body, making them weaker, and slower to avoiding of attacks. spell can be resisted
Boil Blood - heats opponent's blood until it boils, causing damage from withen. damage is physical, not heat based. spell cannot be resisted.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 8 2003, 11:37 PM
Post #19

Looks like the profiles and statuses are going well. Nice work people. For the people who have put their profiles up then NOW you can challenge anyone happy.gif

This is a tad bump so people don't lose seeing this.

Prepare fer challenges people smile.gif w00t!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Sep 9 2003, 12:01 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 374

How exactly are you going to do this? How do you know what abilities to what damage and who wins and all that jazz? I'm confused.

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 9 2003, 01:36 AM
Post #21

QUOTE (IrishGuy @ Sep 8 2003, 08:01 PM)
How exactly are you going to do this? How do you know what abilities to what damage and who wins and all that jazz? I'm confused.

It isn't as hard as you think!

When people do battle, each attack(s) will be described (obviously) and the amount of damage of each individual will be shown

eg. Bill = /1800
Joe = /1600

With a mastering blow, Joe gets punched in the face and ran into a wall.
Damage: 50
Joe remaining: 1550/1600

Of course there will be more description, and i know some other attacks that arent exactly physical will be used. If someone is blinded, it would be in the description. Also keep blows of any kind that affect decline of hp to be reasonable. KO's in the first move aren't really fair tongue.gif

Once either Alanity or someone else challenges me officially then look at the first match and you'll understand.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 9 2003, 04:33 PM
Post #22

So are you our Dungeon Master? I think someone should regulate what damage is done etc. We tell you what we're doing, and you decide how effective it is.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
TigerLily013
post Sep 9 2003, 11:04 PM
Post #23

Y'know? I never thought of that, good thinking Commie! Sounds reasonable to me, the thing is, we'd need 1-3 people because not all of us can be on when a battle topic opens. Like i know I'm usually on around 6:30-7pm my time, eastern, so ya. Plus considerate common sense could be used by both players don't you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 10 2003, 12:08 PM
Post #24

Since nobody's challenging, Shimmers-By-Night is going to challenge FurryMammal's Sharman. Tigerlily, can you be Dungeon Master?

--------------------

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Sep 10 2003, 07:21 PM
Post #25

i graciously accept

im so gonna have my ass whupped...

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2017 - 01:02 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!