IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Obsessive/compulsive/weird Habits, You try to pass them off as habits...
Polocrunch
post Sep 16 2003, 07:46 PM
Post #1

Has gone untreated for blurriness since 1986

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 505

You try to pass them off as habits, but you know that secretly you need help. Lots of help. And a padded room.

You know the kind of thing - not stepping on the cracks, tapping both your lips in exactly the same places the same number of times, walking equally heavily on both legs, and so on and so on.

Name your secret passions/shames. And shamed you will be!
Personally, I always turn on the tap in my garden and watch the water flow over the [expensive Yorshire] patio, filling in the cracks, dips, depressions and crevices. It's very satisfying.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 16 2003, 07:55 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Nobody noticed that I was doing this at the Meet, but when walking down the street I have to step on as many paving stones as possible, and cannot step on the same one twice.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Alanity
post Sep 16 2003, 07:56 PM
Post #3

FUEGO!

Group: New Members
Member No.: 386

I select bits of text with the mouse or tap in time to the music that I'm listening to, I can't step on cracks, I juggle biros constantly, I chew on my headphones wire, I occasionally take two small objects and pretend they're space ships in a dogfight. Most of the things I do are just from restlessness from never going outside or doing anything though...

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 16 2003, 08:00 PM
Post #4

I'm like a baby - I'm always playing in dirty places [no, not quite that dirty], then putting my fingers in my mouth. I also put stuff in my mouth and chew it - which is why my lips are such a mess. And I can't stand having hair covering my ears.

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Sep 16 2003, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Guests

When in my older brother's room, I frequently pick up things and chew on them without knowing it, until Michael says "Stop eating out of my garbage can!"

+Quote Post
The.Wheezing.Gho...
post Sep 16 2003, 08:11 PM
Post #6

Sex can wait...MASTURBATE

Member No.: 443

I will just randomly shudder---I know this is normal but mine are very freqent.

--------------------
Wyatt: Gary, by the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: Ceremonial.

+Quote Post
Debaser
post Sep 16 2003, 08:41 PM
Post #7

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Member No.: 154

i have to step on the EXACT same ratio of cracks/paving slabs on the pavement, otherwise i feel all weird...i have to "step over" the same ratio of parked car wheels...and have to walk up an even number of stairs with each foot...

i have a whole pattern thing going, as you see...

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Sep 16 2003, 09:00 PM
Post #8

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Member No.: 559

I do pretty much the same as commie, although i have this really weird one when im in the car.

I look out of the window at buildings passing me. When I am directly outside a building, and I can ONLY see the front of this building (none of the other outside walls), I blink once, and only once. Then i do the same at the next one. its pretty weird, but i hardly ever think about it, and when i do im usually thinking "jesus.... *blink*... why on earth am i playing this thing again... *blink*" then my thoughts wander off and i carry on.

it probably stems from my childhood when i was bored in the car and used to make up games, but i honestly think i will never stop it. its autopilot for me. blink.gif

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 16 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #9

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

Two words.

Constant masturbation.

I'll get my coat.

But really! I'm not kidding. I mean, I have some others, but that one bugs me the most. Otherwise it's knuckle cracking and chewing the straw. I HAVE to chew the straw. Otherwise the coke isn't good. ..

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 16 2003, 10:16 PM
Post #10

It's alright, I'll get it for you.

*Jumps up, throws coat into Syuu's arms, flings open door, shoves Syuu out of house, slams door behind Syuu.*

*Breathes sigh of relief*

Maybe this thread wasn't such a great idea...

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Sep 16 2003, 10:19 PM
Post #11

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

i have to have two straws or i cant drink something... and i cant walk and drink at the same time.. i have to stop then take a drink..... um.. and i have more but i cant think of them... i';ll have to ask my friends tomarro laugh.gif

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 16 2003, 10:20 PM
Post #12

suggestive cupcake

- Thrown out on her arse. -

I was serious. ._.;

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 16 2003, 10:21 PM
Post #13

suggestive cupcake

QUOTE (magikeyes14 @ Sep 17 2003, 10:28 AM)
i have to have two straws or i cant drink something... and i cant walk and drink at the same time.. i have to stop then take a drink..... um.. and i have more but i cant think of them... i';ll have to ask my friends tomarro laugh.gif

Yes! You know what I'm talking about. Straws are wild, aren't they? But have you tried chewing them? That just makes it more fun, because you can't get as much of it, therefore you aren't taking the drink for granted .. and it lasts longer!

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 16 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #14

Straws are wild, aren't they?

*Reaches for hypodermic needle*

Yes, they sure are Syuu. Now just hold still a minute...

Yeah, masturbation is such a pain. Well, not exactly a pain as such, but you get the idea...

Two straws are comfortable in my mouth, but I don't rely upon them to drink with.

My friend has to wash his hands every time he gets them dirty! Someone more freaky than the rest of us! Let's all laugh and point and deliberately dirty his hands!
I stuck my shoe on his hand, and he went straight to the bathroom and spent five minutes washing his hands. We've told him to get help, but he won't listen.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 16 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #15

suggestive cupcake

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Sep 17 2003, 10:36 AM)
Straws are wild, aren't they?

*Reaches for hypodermic needle*

Yes, they sure are Syuu. Now just hold still a minute...

Yeah, masturbation is such a pain. Well, not exactly a pain as such, but you get the idea...

Two straws are comfortable in my mouth, but I don't rely upon them to drink with.

My friend has to wash his hands every time he gets them dirty! Someone more freaky than the rest of us! Let's all laugh and point and deliberately dirty his hands!
I stuck my shoe on his hand, and he went straight to the bathroom and spent five minutes washing his hands. We've told him to get help, but he won't listen.

Did that once. Sounds like OCD if it's constant! But unfortunately, I left the water running and the drain stopped, and the entire 2nd story floor caved in because I didn't notice it for three hours. Now do you sympathize with my mother?

Does anyone have to have their toenails painted?..

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Sep 16 2003, 10:31 PM
Post #16

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Member No.: 380

If you ever see me, you'll probably notice my fingers twitching as I think, talk, or read. It's because I'm "typing" the words as they go through my mind.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 16 2003, 10:32 PM
Post #17

You collapsed half your house?
Syuu, I am very impressed.
*Bows to the destructo-lady*

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 16 2003, 10:32 PM
Post #18

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

I have to have something in my mouth almost all the time. I usually alleviate this with gum, but many times my pens, fingers, lips, chords, and various things will be found in my mouth. I think this is why I got my tongue pierced. If I'm at a loss I can always play with my tongue ring.

All of the rings I wear on my fingers must be pushed down and facing up. If they move I must move them back.

If I'm wearing a necklace I must touch it when in a conversation with someone. It's like holding the chain or bead or whatever makes me more interesting.

When reading a book in a public place I have to look up every 3 and a half minutes to see who's around me.

That's all I can think of right now but I know there are more.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 16 2003, 10:33 PM
Post #19

suggestive cupcake

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Sep 17 2003, 10:41 AM)
You collapsed half your house?
Syuu, I am very impressed.
*Bows to the destructo-lady*

/me bows in return, respectfully!

Thank you. Now I just pay special attention to the sink. Occasionally in the middle of the night, I'll get up to see if I've left it running. I think that's a bit odd.. especially because it's when I've just gotten comfortable!

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Sep 16 2003, 10:36 PM
Post #20

This space intentionally left blank

Member No.: 203

QUOTE (Polocrunch @ Sep 16 2003, 11:36 PM)

Now that is classic OCD.

Personally I think in fours. I count in groups of four. I walk in fours. I even breathe in fours.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 16 2003, 10:37 PM
Post #21

Kiefer > Jason

Member No.: 51

One more. I must be anywhere I'm going if a time is planned at least 15 minutes early. The only exception is like when I go hang with Moonlightsavingstime and Shuilong they usually say around 10 or 11 or something in which case I usually show up at 10:30.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Polocrunch
post Sep 16 2003, 10:40 PM
Post #22

Oh! Another!
I always shave in the same way - left to right, starting with the sideburns, then the cheek, then the left half of the moustache, then the chin, then under the chin, then the right cheek, then the right sideburn, then I finally remember the rest of the moustache, then the tongue, then the eyeball, and lastly the forelock, which must be kept in prime tugging condition. Every other day. For the last two years.

+Quote Post
Jaq
post Sep 16 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #23

Took this grammar!

Member No.: 165

I count things. So many things. Straight lines, people, animals, cars, colours, features on the face (20 if you don't have glasses, 30 is you do). Then I do that thing with my toes. Yeah, you know the one I'm talking about. Keeping time to music by tapping out with certain patterns on my toes. When I get stressed I'll start speaking nonsense...it's kind of embarrassing.. And also I really like rolling my eyes back in my head at the most inoppurtune moments. I have to watch the road no matter who's driving(always sit at the front of the bus because of this). I squint alot but I'm trying to get out of that habit.

Geez, I'm messed up. huh.gif

--------------------
Everytime the blue screen went out, Stan the weatherman suffered an existential crisis.

+Quote Post
Belldandy
post Sep 17 2003, 01:44 AM
Post #24

Super advanced member

Member No.: 518

I always have to know exactly what time it is when I go to bed. I think this is because my mother always used to ask what time I went to bed the night before. I chew on the insides of my cheeks. And recently I think I've been developing this thing where I have to wash my hands if I touch anything right before I go to bed or before I eat (I mean, I can wash my hands, touch something, like the television or fan or something, and then have to wash them again). I don't know why. Oh, and I usually end up putting on deodorent at least twice because I'm not completely sure whether or not I put it on before. Same thing with locking my car, I usually "forget" whether or not I have locked my car and have to lock it again. And my dorm room door. Same thing. I'll lock it, start walking down the stares, think "did I lock the door? I'm 99% sure I did" and then have to go back upstairs and make sure.

Hmmm...I guess the question is, who isn't obsessive compulsive? Ah, maybe it's just the world we live in today...

+Quote Post
chester
post Sep 17 2003, 02:03 AM
Post #25

i would prefer not to

Member No.: 360

when im eating m&ms i have to emty all of them out and sort them by color. then i eat each color until there is an even amount of each color. then i eat one green, then one red, then one brown etc.. until theyre all gone. if i dont do that i feel sad and guilty because one color didnt get treated as well as the others... i know im a freak...

kelly j.

--------------------
Get out of my dreams and into my car.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 10:35 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!