Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Farewell...
elf
post Sep 20 2003, 12:49 AM
Post #1

disappear with the wandering wind

Group: New Members
Member No.: 294

Alright.. I wanted to do this last night when everyone was asleep, but I think Mata was upgrading the forums anyway. But here it is.

A few months ago (actually, about 4 months today... I think... around there, anyway) I came to the forums a young n00b. I'd loved Mata's animations for quite a while and decided I should join the forums. I was astounded to see that it was a place I could easily fit in.

Later, the forums got split into different categories. While I realize it's supposedly good, I just felt emptier because... I don't know, it just wasn't the forum I knew before.

Now, I really, really don't feel like I belong here anymore. With an outpour of n00bs and lots of people I loved leaving, I felt worse and worse. It came to the point that I rarely posted at all, and when I did, it was never something really meaningful.

I still love everyone, but the forum itself... I don't know. It's just... different. Not what I used to know and love.

Katii, Alex, mah bro, Candice, Davey-boi, Mellie/Lindy... if I missed you, I'm sorry, but... I still love you, and thanks for being there, if you ever were =P *huggles*

Bye.

--------------------

You were right if you thought I was dead all this time.
BUT NOW I'M ALIIIIIIIIIVE! 8]

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
iway ovelay igpay atinlay
forum whore*anime/manga whore*anti-whore whore
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
emiliza
post Sep 20 2003, 03:07 AM
Post #2

math head

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 488

Heh..I don't think anyone noticed, but I left as well. (school, life, parents and my relationship).....But..farewell lady polaris. You shall be missed.

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Sep 20 2003, 03:09 AM
Post #3

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

sad.gif everyone is leaving.. even me *pouts* poor matazone... *hugs Lizzie* i'll miss you...

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 20 2003, 06:39 AM
Post #4

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

=/

*hugs Liz*

I'll miss you. You're the best e-sis anyone could ask for. smile.gif I hope I'll at least see you on Yahoo now and again...?

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
Sir Psycho Sexy
post Sep 20 2003, 09:17 AM
Post #5

Technically a giant, intellectual midget.

Member No.: 197

t'is a shame to be sure, you should give the irc channel a go....course you're not gonna see this....well you might, i'll take that chance

and to address the point, i usually notice when people disappear or post less, even if i don't really know them...i just don't mention it

--------------------
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

+Quote Post
Mingtea
post Sep 20 2003, 09:29 AM
Post #6

Lanky Mofo

Member No.: 403

QUOTE (elf @ Sep 20 2003, 12:58 AM)
Now, I really, really don't feel like I belong here anymore. With an outpour of n00bs and lots of people I loved leaving, I felt worse and worse. It came to the point that I rarely posted at all, and when I did, it was never something really meaningful.

Sorry, am I the only one to notice that horrible elitist attitude?

"n00bs" should be encouraged, some are bad, some are good.

If you are going to leave because there are new people comming and going then you are going to have a hard time in life.

That said, good luck etc have fun and what not.

--------------------
CODE
</geek>

MultiplayUK - Great LAN parties, attend today :)

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 20 2003, 10:17 AM
Post #7

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

If you have to go, you have to go. I'll really miss you sad.gif I hope you'll be back one day.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Sep 20 2003, 10:53 AM
Post #8

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Member No.: 29

It's a real shame that you're going, Liz. I'll try to pop into your forum every now and again. Speaking of which, if we're lucky we can find her here sometimes....

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 20 2003, 03:58 PM
Post #9

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey Liz, as always this choice is up to you. It's been a pleasure knowing you on here and I'm glad that you've at least had a few good months. You know that if you ever want to drop in and say 'hi' again we'll be happy to see you again. Take care and don't let your family get you down. *hugs*

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Sep 20 2003, 04:00 PM
Post #10

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

see ya man, i know we never were very close, but ill stilll miss ya!

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
elf
post Sep 20 2003, 11:39 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Mingtea @ Sep 20 2003, 01:38 AM)
QUOTE (elf @ Sep 20 2003, 12:58 AM)

Sorry, am I the only one to notice that horrible elitist attitude?

"n00bs" should be encouraged, some are bad, some are good.

If you are going to leave because there are new people comming and going then you are going to have a hard time in life.

That said, good luck etc have fun and what not.

Oh, no, I don't mean it that way! *blushes* I mean to say, I didn't know everyone as well anymore, and I couldn't have time to meet all the new people and get to know them!

x_x

--------------------

user posted image This is Alex my naughty little husband, he likes my oddness. =D

e-daughter=emiliza*e-brother=cheese is funny*e-sister=candice*e-older-sister=lindylouwho[/b*e-sister=[b]happybunny*e-sister=hinsley*e-cousin=craziness
founder of the anti-mtv movement*SNAPELURVE*grand designer of -ISH*super associate 1 of rwl inc.*we love geeks club*e-police*mr.sb death cult*legion of monkeys that fly sideways*we lurve mata
noobs=n/a*graduated n00bs=gothic angel, emiliza, chester, angel_death, docbrown1985*step-noob=starfish*graduated n00b of=craziness

+Quote Post
Edward_lover1200
post Sep 20 2003, 11:48 PM
Post #12

The Mad Hatter

Member No.: 395

Liz!!! NOooooooo!!!!! with you gone I'm the only Liz sad.gif that's *sobs* NO!!!!! *clings to you so you cant leave* NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

ok with the drama over....I'll miss you so much sad.gif come back everyonce in a while ok? cause if you dont we will be so sad sad.gif good luck........ sad.gif *runs away now the only liz and feeling all alone*

--------------------
We're all mad here

+Quote Post
hinsley
post Sep 21 2003, 12:54 AM
Post #13

Talking Cat? Eh, its been dun.

Member No.: 288

ohmy.gif sad.gif bye Liz, *hugs*

--------------------
Drunken words are sober thoughts.

"But it's turtles all the way down!"

+Quote Post
Sarah the Spider
post Sep 21 2003, 04:50 AM
Post #14

Teeeeeter Tooootter...

Member No.: 65

Wow. I am really going to miss you. You are such an interesting person. Everyone's leaving. But I guess that's life. I might have to check in on your boards every once in a while and find out how you're getting on, alright?

*hugz*

--------------------
I wish I knew what you were looking for...under the Milky Way tonight.
* Good-bye, Dayan. May angels lead you in.*
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
I want so badly to believe that there is truth that love is real.

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Sep 21 2003, 04:57 AM
Post #15

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

Bye sad.gif You will be missed! Take good care of yourselves (elf and emiliza)!

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 21 2003, 05:40 PM
Post #16

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

Liz... I understand exactly what you mean.

Do what you have to do - but you'll be missed.

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Sep 21 2003, 07:39 PM
Post #17

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

nooooooooooo! not my sis! you cant go sad.gif <clings> ill miss you sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Sep 24 2003, 09:57 PM
Post #18

Guests

Gah! No! Come back!

+Quote Post
elf
post Sep 24 2003, 10:07 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (Logicman @ Sep 24 2003, 02:06 PM)
Gah! No! Come back!

I'm going to get kicked off the top 10 posters soon anyway, and nobody seems to even care if I'm around. Sorry everyone who actually cared.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Sep 24 2003, 10:14 PM
Post #20

Guests

Er... you got at leat half of those with your 50...49...48... thing. But that's beside the point. Don't leave. You're being silly.

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Sep 24 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #21

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I think a lot of people here seem to think that nobody cares if they are around or not. I may not be around much, but I still care if you leave... especially if you leave unhappy. And I'm sure many others do too. You seem like a really sweet person and, whatever you end up doing, I hope you take care of yourself.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 24 2003, 11:46 PM
Post #22

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (elf @ Sep 24 2003, 05:16 PM)
Gah! No! Come back!

I'm going to get kicked off the top 10 posters soon anyway, and nobody seems to even care if I'm around. Sorry everyone who actually cared.

Liz-

Post count = NOTHING. No one cares about post count. Not really.

If no one cared whether you were around or not, this thread would have no posts but yours. Power of logic, right there.

But, I have to say, if you won't stay around for your own enjoyment, than you should just go - regardless of what any of us think.

+Quote Post
elf
post Sep 25 2003, 02:41 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (MistressAlti @ Sep 24 2003, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (elf @ Sep 24 2003, 05:16 PM)
Gah! No! Come back!

Liz-

Post count = NOTHING. No one cares about post count. Not really.

If no one cared whether you were around or not, this thread would have no posts but yours. Power of logic, right there.

But, I have to say, if you won't stay around for your own enjoyment, than you should just go - regardless of what any of us think.

Yeah, I know that post count doesn't matter. I seem to only being stupid in this thread, first with the "elitist" thing about the n00bs (And I had to feel the need to explain what I meant) and so on. I am so superficial. I don't deserve you guys.

sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 25 2003, 04:03 AM
Post #24

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

No, you aren't superficial.

I understood what you meant about the noobs thing before you clarified it, if that helps at all.

I really miss the days when we used to talk on Yahoo nearly every day. I was tickled pink when you asked me to be your e-sis. smile.gif We don't talk as much now, but I for one do care whether you're around or not. You were one of my first friends here, and still remain one of the best, regardless of how often we are able to speak. *hugs*

That being said, I agree with Missy. If you aren't happy here, you shouldn't stick around. There are quite a few people who care about you and want you here. But because we care about you, we also want you to be happy. So do whatever it takes to try and get yourself to that point, even if it means leaving this place behind. I just hope that you know how much I'll miss your presence around here. smile.gif

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
elf
post Sep 25 2003, 07:28 AM
Post #25

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 24 2003, 09:12 PM)
No, you aren't superficial.

I understood what you meant about the noobs thing before you clarified it, if that helps at all. 

I really miss the days when we used to talk on Yahoo nearly every day.  I was tickled pink when you asked me to be your e-sis. smile.gif  We don't talk as much now, but I for one do care whether you're around or not.  You were one of my first friends here, and still remain one of the best, regardless of how often we are able to speak.  *hugs*

That being said, I agree with Missy.  If you aren't happy here, you shouldn't stick around.  There are quite a few people who care about you and want you here.  But because we care about you, we also want you to be happy.  So do whatever it takes to try and get yourself to that point, even if it means leaving this place behind. I just hope that you know how much I'll miss your presence around here.  smile.gif

Awww... thanks. *hugs*

Actually, I might get into posting again when I stop drowning in homework. That'll take a while... o_o; I still love you guys... x_x; I don't know. Too much has changed... although it's inevitable. dry.gif; *sigh* I really felt bad about leaving, and I will zip in and out (like I am now) once in a while to check up on things. It really might take a few months before I get settled back in again...

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:03 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!