IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Friend..., Wants some impartial opinions...
Read the scenario below, then vote on what she should do:
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Phyllis
post Sep 22 2003, 04:36 AM
Post #1

Candbrush Threepwood

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 345

My friend Kara and I were talking about a problem she's having. She asked me to post a poll for her so that she could get some impartial opinions, because she's rather indecisive.. tongue.gif

Here's the situation...Kara has been friends with this guy, Luke, online for about 6 years. She's had quite the crush on him for the past 3. She lives in Washington state, and he lives in North Dakota. Both of them are looking for new schools, so Luke suggested that they both move to Montana and go to school there, which is the halfway point.

Now, Kara thinks that Luke feels the same way about her, and a mutual friend of ours, Tina, says that she knows Luke has always wanted her, but is too much of a chicken to say so. But, no one really knows for certain whether or not he truly does.

Tuition at the school she was looking at in MT is pretty high for out of state students, so she'd probably have to move there for a year and get a job, so she could be classified as a resident. However, if she went to a WA school, she'd probably still have to wait a year to transfer to a college since she isn't sure she'll have enough credits at the end of this school year to make the transfer (she goes to a community college). So, either way she'll end up waiting a year to attend a university, if she moves she'll just have a change of scenery, and possibly a relationship.

So, what do you guys think? Or, do you need more info to make a decision?

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoLo
post Sep 22 2003, 04:40 AM
Post #2

Kiefer > Jason

Group: Admin
Member No.: 51

I'm horrid at making decisions like this for myself let alone anyone else so I nulled it.

--------------------

Being Pimped By Aries Since 2003

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 22 2003, 04:40 AM
Post #3

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

I personally think that she should go for it. I think it could honestly make her happy....like our friend Tina said, a change could be what she needs. I don't think she's very content in her current surroundings, and if she doesn't take this chance to be with Luke, she could regret it later.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
oxym0ronical
post Sep 22 2003, 04:41 AM
Post #4

badfish

Member No.: 139

Agreed. Sometimes you have to take a chance and let things fall where they will.

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Sep 22 2003, 04:42 AM
Post #5

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

i say, do what her heart tell her... if she really likes the guy and likes the skewl, she should go.. if she doesnt, the she should stay

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Sep 22 2003, 04:53 AM
Post #6

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

This is kind of a hard question to answer.... lol

Do I think that moving to another state simply for a crush who may or may not return the feelings is a good idea...? No. BUT that is a really compelling reason to do so... especially if there are other reasons to make the move--besides just the crush.

Is this person bored, tired, restless? Ready for a dramatic change? I have a friend who actually mentioned joining the Peace Corps not too long ago.... To me, that sounds like somebody who is ready for a change in their life. smile.gif So, if your friend is ready for a change, then maybe moving to another state would be good for her. If they both decide to make the move, then they both will get to share the excitement and adventure of moving to a new place, meeting new ppl, etc., but each of them will also have somebody there that they know and can depend on.... And, if they do both end up having stronger feelings for each other, then that would be really wonderful smile.gif

*hopes that made sense*

+Quote Post
Cath Sparrow
post Sep 22 2003, 12:16 PM
Post #7

I've been brainwashed

Member No.: 526

I've got a couple of questions before I vote.
Has she meet the bloke in rl & is the school in mt better, the same or worse than the ones she's looking at at home?
But personnely I'm a great one for jumping in feet first & dealing with the consequences later. It makes life interesting & even if it come off not so well you still learn from the experience! biggrin.gif

--------------------
How would you feel about life if Death was your older sister? You're only young once but you can stay immature indefinetly!!!!

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 22 2003, 12:57 PM
Post #8

ever-hopeful since 2003

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 54

To Kara: Go, woman. Go. Seriously. Take charge of your life. So what if it doesn't work out perfectly, or like you think it should, or whatever - if you don't take any risks, you're always gonna be stuck in your same old rut. If you're not happy where you are, then you have everything to gain!

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Sep 22 2003, 08:39 PM
Post #9

Guests

She should go. Yup.

+Quote Post
leopold
post Sep 23 2003, 02:18 AM
Post #10

Absentee Mod

Group: Moderators
From: On the face of the planet, somewhere north of Guildford
Member No.: 95

My recent RL issues have taught me one thing: Life is too damn short! If ya see some glimmer of happiness, then go fer it.

I say this. You have a choice - one is to go, which may or may not make ya happy, and may or may not work out. The other is to stay and know yer not happy, with the lastin thought, "what if?"

In this case, just go. What do ya have to lose?

--------------------
Insert humorous comment here

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Sep 23 2003, 03:35 AM
Post #11

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

I said move.

Go. What do you have to lose? If there's a possibility for something great to happen out of it, take that chance and give it all you got.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
monkey_called_na...
post Sep 23 2003, 04:22 AM
Post #12

I'm an inefficient bear. Maul.

Member No.: 408

i said go but she better make sure she has enouff money in case it doesnt work out so shell have somthing to fall back on

--------------------
ATTACK SLOTH!

It's gonna get you... eventually.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 23 2003, 09:40 AM
Post #13

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

Wow, that's a pretty conclusive vote so far!

Travelling away from home for university is always a good idea, it shows you more of the world then your home town and forces you to become independent. Also, even if the relationship doesn't work out, there are loads of people at university and so I'm sure she would be able to find someone there if she's really ready for a new relationship.

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 09:35 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!