Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exodus? What Exodus?
Mr Fuzzy
post Sep 27 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #1

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

For goodness sake. People come, people go. Often only temporarily, and because they have other things to deal with before they feel up to posting on a forum.

Rather than making threads complaining that it "isn't like the old days" there is always the option of making threads like the old days. Any community will constantly change. If there is something from the past that you miss you could just try to bring it back...

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Sep 27 2003, 06:17 PM
Post #2

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 492

i agree with you Fuzzy... if you want it be like the "old days" bring back/up an old topic and make it like the old days

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
Jonman
post Sep 27 2003, 06:24 PM
Post #3

Duck Hunter S Thompson

Member No.: 71

I remember when all this were fields.

And folk had respect for their elders.

*mutter*

--------------------
Nearly two years in - about time for a new AV

+Quote Post
Pab
post Sep 27 2003, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

I hate to be boring but I'm good at it so here it is:

This place seems to have been concieved around February.
It is now September.

Thats ermmm (1..2..) 8 months maximum, that this place has existed. 8 months.

Old Days? geez.

It changes? yes it does.
It gets less riveting? perhaps
It gets riveting again? yup

8 months guys ... old days, really ..... dry.gif

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Sep 27 2003, 08:59 PM
Post #5

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Group: New Members
Member No.: 29

Besides:

Soul Calibur 2 Forums:

There are currently 52 members and 203 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 416 on 1st Sep 2003 at 04:55.

things could be a lot worse.

+Quote Post
Mata
post Sep 28 2003, 02:00 AM
Post #6

'Trouble Down Pit' now online!

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Sun Tsu @ Sep 27 2003, 09:08 PM)
Besides:

Soul Calibur 2 Forums:

There are currently 52 members and 203 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 416 on 1st Sep 2003 at 04:55.

things could be a lot worse.

Now that's what I call funny statistics!

I definitely agree with Fuzzy here, these forums are, and always wil be, what you make of them. People come and go on the net a lot and sometimes we lose touch with friends. It's very sad... I still wonder what happened to a friend from seven years ago who suddenly went offline never to be heard of again, but that's just the nature of the net. We make new friends, remember the old ones and life moves on.

*looks at clock* Hmmm... Nearly ten past three, I guess this isn't the time for me to write a mini-epic then. 'Night all!

--------------------
Trouble Down Pit: Still updated every Monday and Friday
The Matazone Games blog
The Matazone Shop The Matazone Blog
The Matazone Corset Shop: Snobz corsets at 10% off their recommended price!

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 28 2003, 03:20 PM
Post #7

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

Awww, I was expecting another Mata Mammoth Post.

But yeah, I vented slightly in the "Exodus" thread, but the "Bah, it's not like the old days, annoying new people interrupting our private conversations" rants piss me off like buggery. Go make your own damn forums if you don't like this one. I like it just fine.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Sep 28 2003, 05:57 PM
Post #8

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 28 2003, 10:29 AM)
But yeah, I vented slightly in the "Exodus" thread, but the "Bah, it's not like the old days, annoying new people interrupting our private conversations" rants piss me off like buggery. Go make your own damn forums if you don't like this one. I like it just fine.

Christ, Commie, we already have our own forums... dry.gif But it's not that we hate this one, so much as miss the closeness of the "old days" - and make fun of that term as you like, but 7 months ago, in internet time, is old.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Sep 28 2003, 07:31 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 466

I realise you have your own forums, and I was thinking of the fansite forum as I wrote that, it's just that recently I've been hearing a lot of moaning about how Matazone is going downhill and it's annoying me.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Sep 28 2003, 07:33 PM
Post #10

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

i dont think its going downhill, i dont think anyone thinks that... i just think its different and we long for what once was.... its still the same great forums that we cant break an addiction of, just in a different form

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Sep 28 2003, 07:40 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (CommieBastard @ Sep 28 2003, 07:40 PM)
I realise you have your own forums, and I was thinking of the fansite forum as I wrote that, it's just that recently I've been hearing a lot of moaning about how Matazone is going downhill and it's annoying me.

well, depending on what you call 'downhill', it IS. i mean, the whole nummy 'incident' (as in both of her threads and the melodrama thread) can't exactly be a GOOD thing can it? (and that's never happened before) i'm not saying that the forums are in any way 'bad' now, they're still great. just..... in a different way then before, that's all. you can interpret that as downhill or not. it's all a matter of perception.

+Quote Post
Phyllis
post Sep 28 2003, 11:06 PM
Post #12

Candbrush Threepwood

Member No.: 345

For goodness sake indeed.

What, exactly, is wrong with missing close friends who have vanished?

I personally don't want to bring back any sort of old days because that would mean losing a lot of cool people who have shown up since then, like I mentioned in Sarah's thread. I just miss quite a few people who have vanished... or who at least post quite a bit less.

You all can say all you like about it being the Internet and people coming and going all the time. That's fine. But regardless of it being the Internet, I did get very close to some people who are no longer around, and it does sadden me. I can't just be all happy-go-lucky right away. They are true friends to me, Internet or no (remember, I met my husband on the Internet, so the attachments I form on here are very real to me).

Obviously things change. But sometimes the loss of certain people can be a little traumatic, and it takes awhile to heal. Or maybe I'm not making any sense at all. But oh well, I tried to be coherent, lol.

As for the place going downhill, I don't know about that. It seems about the same as when I joined, but I didn't join till late May, so that may be why.

--------------------
I love you in a way that is mystical and eternal and illegal in 20 states.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Sep 29 2003, 09:06 AM
Post #13

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (candice @ Sep 28 2003, 11:15 PM)
I personally don't want to bring back any sort of old days because that would mean losing a lot of cool people who have shown up since then, like I mentioned in Sarah's thread.

I agree entirely. There are people here that I would consider to be close friends of mine. I'd like to think that I'll make more friends as new people join.
Things have to grow and move on.

And As Fuzzy said..Exodus? With the amount of new people we have joining up every week? Ok, so not all these people become active posters as such, but Matazone is by no mean decresing in popularity.
Now...lets all stop whining and drink tea, moo in different accents in irc (sorry. Debaser made me do it happy.gif ) and continue with the interesting chat and talking of bollocks.

I love you guys...even if you do smell.

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 12:10 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!