IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need To Talk
Feyliya
post Oct 1 2003, 07:33 PM
Post #1

It's not junk in the trunk, it's precious cargo.

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 380

I've been feeling pretty bad for the past month, and I finally got around to making a doctor's appointment at my college's health center for this Friday. Guess what motivated me? Out of sheer morbidity, I looked up leukemia on Yahoo! and found out that I match the symptoms. And it's not just random one or two symptom things, I match most of them. As I type this I'm staring at yet another unexplained bruise on my arm. And the worst part is, with my family history, it's entirely possible that I really DO have it.

So......anyone got any information I could use? I figure, whether I have it or not, I'd best be prepared.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sun Tsu
post Oct 1 2003, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Flip Mode Is The Greatest

Group: New Members
Member No.: 29

I have no knowledge on cancer. All I can say is best of luck. I'm really, really sorry that this has happened to you. sad.gif

+Quote Post
magikeyes14
post Oct 1 2003, 07:46 PM
Post #3

in the end there is only me.. *CENSORED*

Member No.: 492

my cousin had leukemia.. im sorry, but i dont have any information on it, just that its hard to deal with..... goddess be with you... *hugs*

--------------------
Forever Forbidden
take me into the darkness..........

+Quote Post
ravein
post Oct 1 2003, 07:54 PM
Post #4

Many fools can now anticipate pity!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 40

that bites.. I had a cousin with leukemia, it did not turn out to well. But you are in a good area.. Duke and UNC have some of the best cancer survival rates of any hospital in the country. My dad just beat throat cancer. He was at UNC in Raleigh. Try going to www.webmd.com
Symptoms can be misleading.. Mono has very similar symptoms as leukemia. When I got sick last year I was sure I had Parkinson's.. I was freaking out. Come to find out it was over active thyroid (graves disease) nothing life threaten.. well almost wink.gif
Anyway..go check out the link. If you need to talk to someone a state away pm me.

--------------------
Proud Cronie since Feb 26, 2003
"When women act like women, they are accused of being inferior. When women act like human beings, they are accused of behaving like men." —Simone de Beauvoir
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin
No matter that patriotism is too often the refuge of scoundrels. Dissent, rebellion, and all-around hell-raising remain the true duty of patriots. -Barbara Ehrenreich

live journal

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 1 2003, 07:55 PM
Post #5

Remorseless posting machine

Member No.: 466

I'd advise you get all the information you can on it. Good that you're seeing a doctor right away - with things like this it's absolutely essential you get on top of it as soon as possible. Try to be calm and not get worked up - it may well come to nothing, and being stressed out is bad for you.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 1 2003, 09:28 PM
Post #6

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I really hope that this turns out to be something less serious. I have a really good friend who has had leukemia for years. She is doing really, really well! She is a strong person, and I'm sure that you are too. No matter what you find out, don't forget that you are strong and you can take on anything. *Hugs*

+Quote Post
Mr Fuzzy
post Oct 1 2003, 10:00 PM
Post #7

This space intentionally left blank

Group: Admin
Member No.: 203

If it does turn out to be the case, there is still hope. It's one of the more treatable ones in most cases. The chemicals they give for it aren't too good for the digestion however.

--------------------
We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia. We were never at war with Eurasia. Eurasia is our ally.

+Quote Post
PrincessCadhla
post Oct 1 2003, 10:05 PM
Post #8

You know you want me...

Member No.: 268

the symptoms of Leukemia are the same as aenemia.....in fact, I just had a luekemia scare myself...all my blood tests came back normal. I still have to see an internist for further testing.

Also, stress can cause alot of the same symptoms as Luekemia....and if you have an iron deficency as well, that can account for the bruising.

--------------------
*.*.*Cadhla*.*.*
~If all poets were as I, I would have nothing to say~

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 1 2003, 10:09 PM
Post #9

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

I'm ashamed to death I have no useful information on that for you, but I truly hope you're alright and everything turns out okay. Best of luck, kid. You deserve it.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
Prince Aries
post Oct 2 2003, 12:41 AM
Post #10

Ai Ravana-hime

Member No.: 421

*hugs* I really wish there was something I could do, but alas, this is not true. I do agree with what everyone's said here, and I darn hope they're right, that it's something not quite so serious. *hugs tight* Best of luck to you hon. May nature be with you.

--------------------
Pimping Lolo and ridin' teh Trout since 2003. Dominated by Tigersong, e-hubby, since 2004.

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 2 2003, 01:08 AM
Post #11

I'm trying my best not to get worked up. But the fact that so many of the symptoms fit worries me. The three major symptoms of cancer are being more susceptable to infections, anemia, and bleeding (IE: bruising and slower healing). I'm bruising for no reason when I normally never bruise; I'm getting sick from d@mn near everything; I have been anemic before and could be again, but that wouldn't explain catching every sickness that goes by; I'm tired all the time, and any time I'm not in class or at work I'm sleeping; I have been losing weight, though that might be just because I have to walk all the way to hell and back to get to my work study; and I just don't FEEL right, otherwise known medically as malaise. I'm also healing slower than normal, although since I normally heal faster than most people only I have noticed it.

I'm hoping that I'll go into the doctors and that they'll do the tests and tell me that I'm anemic again and that my immune system is just down at the moment. But I have a bad feeling that that's not going to be the case. And when I have bad feelings like this, they're usually right. Here's hoping my precog fails this time.

--------------------
Irish is my special e-stalker. I leave the blinds open for him. :P // I'm the designated keeper of sobreity. Jell-o Shooters anyone? // I will always have fond memories of Leo's big banana and Cheese's sexy penguin. // I am the all powerful Ish Witch! ::insert evil cackle here:: // ALL HAIL PURSTHULHU!
@_@ You will not write secret messages. You will not write secret messages... @_@

+Quote Post
vicrawr
post Oct 2 2003, 01:13 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 374

I'll be praying for you Feyliya. Like ravein said, I'm only a state away if you need someone. /me uberhugs

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 2 2003, 01:14 AM
Post #13

You know what's even better? October 3rd (the day of my appointment) is my birthday. Happy birthday me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cheese is funny
post Oct 2 2003, 01:58 AM
Post #14

I post more than I speak

Member No.: 116

oi... what a birth day that is.... im sorry this is happening to you fey... im sorry i dont have any useful information or any way to help you... im so worthless... my best wishes are with you sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 2 2003, 03:38 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (cheese is funny @ Oct 2 2003, 02:07 AM)
... im so worthless...

You're not worthless. You always make me feel better.
::rubs Cheese's penguin::
There! See! Now I feel muchly better!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Feyliya
post Oct 2 2003, 06:01 PM
Post #16

One day until my appointment. I'm hoping everything will go by quickly enough that I don't have time to dwell on things and sink into depression. Brent and I are going to Anderson to job hunt this afternoon, so time should fly pretty fast. He took me out yesterday, too. I had to get my mom her b-day present, especially since it was her birthday. At least I didn't have to tell mom that I had leukemia at the party. I'm still hoping that it's not true and that I'll never have to tell her, but I can't think of much else to explain everything.

I was exhausted this morning. Too tired to go to class. I slept all day. I've been sleeping almost every hour I'm not in class or at my work study. That's not normal. I'm so sick of being....well....sick. At least if I DO have leukemia, I'll know and be able to do something about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 2 2003, 06:17 PM
Post #17

suggestive cupcake

Member No.: 260

Hey Feylia, who knows? Your birthday present could be finding out you're perfectly healthy. Because of that, I imagine your appreciation of life would be heightened through this experience. Either way, have a really kickin' birthday. No matter what happens, there's a forum full of people thinking of you.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 2 2003, 07:13 PM
Post #18

I plug directly into my computer

Member No.: 80

I know this probably isn't going to be the birthday dreams are made of considering you have to go to the doctor, but I hope that you do have a good birthday! Until you know anything for sure, there really isn't much you can do about it.... So, try to have as much fun as you can!!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 03:35 AM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!