IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Kidvicious2punk, we know what you're up to...
Debaser
post Oct 2 2003, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Steadily spiralling into the abyss

Group: New Members
Member No.: 154

kid, we know that both you and how2startfires are the same person. we've cross-checked IP addresses, and they're the same. we also know that you're trying to get the sympathy of other forumites (look here for the thread, and here for the evidence, it's a pretty big file)...

this behaviour is unacceptable. after the incident with nummy, we thought it best to warn the other forumites before this gets out of hand.

--------------------
6:30pm
How Much Do You Reckon This Food Processor's Worth? Well? How Much Is It Worth? Come On. For F--k's Sake Just Hazard A Guess You Half-Witted Proletarian S--t - We Haven't Got All F--king Day. This Is A Game Show, Not A F--king Waiting Room. Now Spit Your F--king Answer Out Or I'll Kick You All The Way Back To Whichever P--s-Streaked Council Estate You Crawled From, So You Can Hatch The Rest Of Your Futureless Offspring In Empty-Handed Misery. Now Answer Me, C--T.

Explicitly confrontational version of The Price Is Right.

Shiny Blog
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 2 2003, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Remorseless posting machine

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 466

I had the same suspicion upon reading that thread.

Tisk tisk, kid. Tisk tisk.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 2 2003, 06:09 PM
Post #3

si hoc legere scis ninium eruditionis habes

Member No.: 252

this behaviour is unacceptable. after the incident with nummy, we thought it best to warn the other forumites before this gets out of hand.

i didn't see nummy leave, what happened?

--------------------
You are a wealthy crook and want to take over the world, you:

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Oct 2 2003, 06:12 PM
Post #4

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (phoenix @ Oct 2 2003, 01:18 PM)
i didn't see nummy leave, what happened?

Explanations for Nummy's banning can be found in the following threads, and yes, practically all are necessary to really understand what happened:

http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=5393
http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=5397
http://www.matazone.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=5409

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 2 2003, 06:15 PM
Post #5

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

Augh. Come on now, right after the Nummy incident (as it's been dubbed), you'd think everyone would know better than to pull that sh*t.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 2 2003, 06:24 PM
Post #6

i can't belive nummy did that! huh.gif

--------------------

[A] Steal the secret plans to the U.S. Strategic Defense Initiative and hold the world ransom for $1,000,000,000.
[B] Own Microsoft
[C] Plant subliminal messages in the news Tom Brokaw reads every night: "(((send $1 to PO Box 426, Missoula, MT 59806)))"
[D] Capture the only man in the universe who can stop you, tell him your plans, then place him in an easily escapable situation with an air duct linking him to every country in the Northern Hemisphere and leave him alone.

+Quote Post
Pikasyuu
post Oct 2 2003, 06:25 PM
Post #7

suggestive cupcake

Group: Admin
Member No.: 260

Depressing, innit? But why someone would purposely pull the same stunt after all of that is really beyond me.

--------------------
i'm like oh kimosabe,
your body is my hobby

the official 'you bitch' count: a whole lot
last updated 11/05

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 2 2003, 06:27 PM
Post #8

i know, to much happened after i left, and now i'm finding it all out.. crazy

--------------------

[B] Own Microsoft

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 2 2003, 06:40 PM
Post #9

I plug directly into my computer

Group: Established Members
Member No.: 80

This is just my opinion.... I am not trying to start any arguments or cause any bad feelings:

I'm really sorry that Kid did this. I'm sorry that she felt she needed to do this--for whatever reasons. And, I'm sorry that this came at such a bad time. The "Nummy incident" wasn't very long ago, and a lot of people were hurt by that. But, I really don't think that what she has done is quite the same thing. Kid never pretended to be lying unconsious in a hospital. She never made thread after thread trying to get attention--even in the most inappropriate of ways. I'm not saying that I think that there is anything RIGHT about what Kid did. I'm just saying that I don't think that it is really fair to compare her to Nummy. It just seems to me that it would be really easy for people to come down harder on Kid because everyone is still upset and hurt over what happened not so long ago. I really hope that doesn't happen.

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 2 2003, 06:44 PM
Post #10

i really can't compare anyways, i just wanted to know what happened to nummy. sorry if that made a connection between the two.

--------------------

[B] Own Microsoft

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 2 2003, 06:46 PM
Post #11

No, no, no smile.gif I'm not saying anyone said anything like "This is just as bad as the Nummy thing." I didn't mean that. I just am afraid that might be the comparison that is being made... and I really hope it isn't. That's all. smile.gif

+Quote Post
phoenix
post Oct 2 2003, 06:50 PM
Post #12

ohh ok then.

--------------------

[B] Own Microsoft

+Quote Post
MistressAlti
post Oct 2 2003, 06:56 PM
Post #13

ever-hopeful since 2003

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (CrissiLove @ Oct 2 2003, 01:49 PM)
But, I really don't think that what she has done is quite the same thing.

Kid pretended to be other people in order to gain attention. That is the same as what Nummy did. I do agree that the seriousness of this is not as great as Nummy's situation, as Nummy's actions overtly aimed to cause suffering to others in order to to draw attention to herself, where kid was simply impersonating another person to reach that same goal on a minor level.

The point is, though, that in a forum situation, you have to trust that those around you are being honest because there is no way to judge the truth of their statements. If you are purposely being false, then you have wronged every forumite with whom you have ever into contact. You are deliberately taking advantage of the faith of the people around you.

That is why the parallels were drawn, and that is why this thread was made to warn people.

+Quote Post
MAtt
post Oct 2 2003, 07:02 PM
Post #14

I am perpetually confused.

Member No.: 32

ok am i the only one who finds this a tad funny???? fine they are the same person.....ban one of the names and lets get on with or posting lives!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
CrissiLove
post Oct 2 2003, 07:03 PM
Post #15

I do agree that the seriousness of this is not as great as Nummy's situation

That was the point I was trying to make. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pab
post Oct 2 2003, 07:11 PM
Post #16

Has been kidnapped by gerbils and forced to post on here repeatedly

Group: Validating
Member No.: 451

well, gosh darned if i aint gonna stick my hand up (and my neck out) for the little guy once more, but his crap is one more step towards the spanish inquisition, and could have been maturely dealt with with a small pm, and less of the public pelting with rancid tomatoes. The kid could be utterly ravaged by this public display, way above and beyond the gravity of the minor immaturaty stunt itself, which, by the way, pales in comparison to lots of stuff this meanderer has found on his e-meanderings. Its getting close to the copyright-mongers sueing a college student for 98 billion dollars for passing on mp3 files.

I dont want to say 'grow up', so i wont, sabes?

TUT TUT

--------------------
Smileys don't mean not destuctive and not vicious

+Quote Post
Guest_Logicman_*
post Oct 2 2003, 07:49 PM
Post #17

Guests

I can't believe Mel would pull that kind of crap... hmmph! I thought I taught her better'n that...

To be honest, I was half-toying with the idea of making another name and posting garbage, and if anyone asked, I'd say I was my brother. Didn't bother actually doing it though; too much trouble. Though I still say Mind_Kybitz is an awesome name.

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Oct 2 2003, 07:59 PM
Post #18

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (Logicman @ Oct 2 2003, 07:58 PM)
To be honest, I was half-toying with the idea of making another name and posting garbage, and if anyone asked, I'd say I was my brother. Didn't bother actually doing it though; too much trouble. Though I still say Mind_Kybitz is an awesome name.

Erm...why? Whats the point in that?

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
gerbilfromhell
post Oct 2 2003, 08:02 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 15

there's two sides to look at this issue from:

1) nummy tried this exact same thing only a month ago. you'd think people'd learn that the mods can see IP adresses but noooooooo rolleyes.gif also, it is most defintelly begging for attention. this isn't the first time she's attention-seeked. the 'having a bit of a row with a jackarse' thread seemed attention-seeking too (by the end of it, anyways. there was nothing wrong in my opinion with the first half of the thread, but when it became 'yah anthony sucks i guess it's over' about 3 times that's basically bumping a thread to get attention). finally, d-man is just trying to make sure that another 'nummy incident' doesn't happen. many people were hurt by the first one and he's just trying to make sure that it doesn't happen again, which makes absolute sense.

however:

2) no one was hurt by this, because kid wasn't TRYING to get anyone caught up in a giant emotional web. she was really only trying to make her return a bit more known. you can definitelly argue that this is getting blown out of perportion. there's no 'everyone hates me' threads or any of the kinds of threads that nummy posted. perhaps a PM was needed, and a thread posted only AFTER she continued this by ignoring the PM.

put those together and you've got my views on this issue.

+Quote Post
chester
post Oct 2 2003, 08:08 PM
Post #20

i would prefer not to

Member No.: 360

i dont wanna say anything about kid just yet... i mean... not before i learn what an IP addess is. sorry if change the subject, i just think its important to know if im posting in a thread that keeps mentioning it. so... who wants to explain it to me?

--------------------
Get out of my dreams and into my car.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 2 2003, 08:10 PM
Post #21

An IP address is a unique string of numbers sent out by every computer when it connects to the Internet. Since every computer's is different, if kidvicious2punk and how2startfires post from the same IP address, they post from the same computer, and so are probably the same person.

--------------------
Every sort of expert knowledge and every inquiry, and similarly every action and undertaking, seems to seek some good. Because of that, people are right to affirm that the good is 'that which all things seek'...

+Quote Post
WeeJ
post Oct 2 2003, 08:10 PM
Post #22

Engrish Ranguage Student

Member No.: 338

QUOTE (chester @ Oct 2 2003, 08:17 PM)
i dont wanna say anything about kid just yet... i mean... not before i learn what an IP addess is.  sorry if change the subject, i just think its important to know if im posting in a thread that keeps mentioning it. so... who wants to explain it to me?

Imagine an IP adress is like the house number of your computer. The mods can see the IP address of any computer we post from and its how they can recognise if someone is posting as two people, such as NummyNums.

EDIT - But as you can see, Commie beat me to it.

This post has been edited by WeeJ: Oct 2 2003, 08:12 PM

--------------------
Go Go Gadget WeeJ!

+Quote Post
chester
post Oct 2 2003, 08:15 PM
Post #23

i would prefer not to

Member No.: 360

QUOTE (WeeJ @ Oct 2 2003, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (chester @ Oct 2 2003, 08:17 PM)
i dont wanna say anything about kid just yet... i mean... not before i learn what an IP addess is. sorry if change the subject, i just think its important to know if im posting in a thread that keeps mentioning it. so... who wants to explain it to me?

Imagine an IP adress is like the house number of your computer. The mods can see the IP address of any computer we post from and its how they can recognise if someone is posting as two people, such as NummyNums.

EDIT - But as you can see, Commie beat me to it.

ooohhhh! well, in that case i have 2 people under mine, too. my friend kati joined while she was at my house and now she uaually can only post at my house or our friend addis house because her computers so crappy. it wont even let her into a chat room. could that be the explaination for melanie, too? i never got to meet how2startfires so i wouldnt know. also, melanie has a brother that joined the forums... i dont know what his name was though... *thinks*. i just dont want to blame her for anything. ive known her too long. sad.gif

--------------------
Get out of my dreams and into my car.

+Quote Post
FurryMammal
post Oct 2 2003, 08:15 PM
Post #24

Secret Electric Pants Buffer

Member No.: 559

one day a mod will wake up, and everyone on the board will be posting with the same IP address. that would be surreal, because then everyone would be just one person and the mod will have fallen into some strange internet trap. think about it. it could be you...

but to be fair, i dont think this is that bad. and pab is right, it may have been better dealt with using a quick PM... once she knew she was caught, she would have probably stopped it all. well i would, in her situation. but, maybe a public announcement was better... and she probably felt she had reason, not that that makes it right of course.

anyway, coffee for me guys blink.gif

also... do you think anyone else is getting away with this kind of thing, but we're not realising?

--------------------
George Bush- the world's worst winner.

+Quote Post
CommieBastard
post Oct 2 2003, 08:19 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (chester @ Oct 2 2003, 09:24 PM)
ooohhhh! well, in that case i have 2 people under mine, too. my friend kati joined while she was at my house and now she uaually can only post at my house or our friend addis house because her computers so crappy. it wont even let her into a chat room. could that be the explaination for melanie, too?

No, "how2startfires" claimed to have met Mel in a chat room.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 12:55 PM
Use these links if you're going to shop at Amazon and a percentage of what you spend goes towards helping this site!